Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 16:07   #181

Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
The Huffington Post has coverage as well.

MH370: British Woman Katherine Tee 'Saw Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight On Fire'

Many of the comments are misinformed.

Not only the comments.. how about the title
MH370: British Woman Katherine Tee 'Saw Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight On Fire'

This is exactly what I meant at post #154

btw, my ''large UK newspaper'' has not run this story yet
it seems that an investigative journalist might be on it
annalenacrying is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 16:07   #182

Boat: sold Now motor cruiser

The ABC reported your story on radio this morning here in Australia.

Regards Bill
bill good is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 17:51   #183

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
crap cretins.

LOL! I believe the term Saucy would be most familiar with is "Gob Sh*tes"
Old 03-06-2014, 19:15   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill good View Post
The ABC reported your story on radio this morning here in Australia. Regards Bill
Hi Bill, would you have a link to that b/cast?
Your name is familiar, radio in the 80's?
Cheers George
Gclark8 is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 19:48   #185

Boat: Niagara 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post

My sleep patterns have been all over the place the last few days due to the horror of what I have done or not done. The comments on the daily mail are nothing I haven't been thinking about myself the last few days. Of course people think I am either a nutter or stupid. I think that myself. One thing I know I'm not is a liar.
Whoaa!!!! Wait a minute. You need some perspective here.

You are not an aviation expert. You, at the time, had every reason to believe that in the unlikely event that you were seeing an aircraft on fire, they would be broadcasting their distress and their position. Now that you know differently, you might try to record and report, but you didn't know differently. 20/20 hindsight isn't helpful here.

When you figured it all out, you decided to report it. That is the right thing to do and you did it.

You have, with the information you had, done absolutely everything right up to that point.

Please remember three points: One, those people are dead. They would be dead even if you had immediately called somebody on a sat phone or ssb (if you even had those). And you don't even know if it was the aircraft that you saw.

Second, you have zero obligation to the press or to any of us. You are not on trial. You did everything right. If the press can't be bothered to get your story straight it isn't your fault.

Third, the people who comment on news sites are, by and large, the lowest of the low. I stopped reading those comments years ago because they made me too angry. Actual intelligent people who understand where you were and what your circumstances are (that's us ) think you're amazing and that you've done a great job.

End of somewhat paternalistic lecture...

Chris
cwyckham is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 20:46   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyckham View Post
You are not an aviation expert. You, at the time, had every reason to believe that in the unlikely event that you were seeing an aircraft on fire, they would be broadcasting their distress and their position. Now that you know differently, you might try to record and report, but you didn't know differently.
When you figured it all out, you decided to report it. That is the right thing to do and you did it.

The people who comment on news sites are, by and large, the lowest of the low. Actual intelligent people who understand where you were and what your circumstances are (that's us ) think you're amazing and that you've done a great job.

well said Chris

Two smarter thoughts from Daily Mail's comments:

Quote:
(in response to less smarter postings) ''Come on guys, she wasn't sure of what she saw. She didn't even know it was a plane so give her a break besides this would have been a hotter story which she would have got good money for days after the plane went missing instead she waited and filed a report after doing some research. There's no pleasing people sometimes geez.''
Quote:
Q: ''How long does it take to grab a camera and take a shot ?"
A: ''At night on a yacht, one person on whatcha, rest sleeping.....sure, switch on the cabin lights rummage about in the drawers, wake everyone up....she said that she did not understand the image that she was seeing, and did not jump to the correct conclusion until week or so later... Twenty twenty hind sight, very useful as always. Wish we all had foresight.''
p.s.

Is mystery underwater sound the crash of Flight 370? - CNN.com
Australian researchers released an audio recording Wednesday of an underwater sound that they say could possibly be related to the final moments of MH370.. I saw that 1-2 others here mentioned it.. it's an article & video

Scientists sceptical of satellite firm Inmarsat's raw data on missing Malaysian flight MH370 | South China Morning Post
Inmarsat admitted the data it had released had been simplified and that it had published parts that were "important". Mark Dickinson, Inmarsat's chief engineer, told a US television interviewer the data could not in itself be used to recreate Inmarsat's work, but only to make a judgment about its findings

Dickinson/Inmarsat & Quest/CNN (video) MH370: Is Inmarsat right?
MH370: Is Inmarsat right? - CNN.com
Old 03-06-2014, 21:01   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalenacrying View Post
btw, my ''large UK newspaper'' has not run this story yet... it seems that an investigative journalist might be on it
we were discussing the topic in the forum at the last article that was open for commenting (by now closed).. maybe moderators were reading & forwarding the story to the reporters (probably not).. anyway, thanks to that article I sailed via via this way & met the sailor herself so that's really nice experience for me I've informed The G... that their investigative journalists can best come here if they want -->facts<--
Old 03-06-2014, 21:02   #188

Boat: sold Now motor cruiser

Gclark8 George Spent a fair bit of my early life in coms & electronics & that news was on the 0730 national news broadcast on 612 in Brisbane. Retired from aviation 2005 to keep up repairs on boat!! It will take a lot to find this aircraft as it may have descended at 10:1 glide angle & autolanded after the fuel ran out. Too many unknowns.

Regards Bill
bill good is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 21:09   #189
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I didn't do any research before I submitted this. You guys did, but I think I submitted my report before even that had happened, when HUD and MarkJ gave me the contact links. Thank you guys for responding promptly and helpfully to the question I had asked.

Yes, we have plenty of work to do on the boat. Marc's there now and I'm not. It's around 11am and I couldn't get out of bed when he tried to wake me at 7am. Not surprising, since it was already getting light when I did fall off to sleep. I did find a flask of tea by the bed when I woke up (and that was only cos the dog was yodelling to let me know the phone was ringing), thanks Marc x Yesterday we both lost a day cos we didn't wake up till noon.

This is ridiculous. I believe I have spent more time on the internet over the last few days than I have in the three months since we got here. I wish I could say I'll just put the laptop down and get back to my regular existence of forcing myself to log on to keep up with my work, but I know I'll probably be following this obsessively until it peters out.

But I will try to let it go. It's out of my hands. Thank you all for being so supportive and believing in me when I didn't believe in myself x
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 21:21   #190

Quote:
This is ridiculous. I believe I have spent more time on the internet over the last few days than I have in the three months since we got here. I wish I could say I'll just put the laptop down and get back to my regular existence of forcing myself to log on to keep up with my work, but I know I'll probably be following this obsessively until it peters out.
obsessively I know that feeling same here

Quote:
But I will try to let it go. It's out of my hands. Thank you all for being so supportive and believing in me when I didn't believe in myself x
try to give yourself a break now you need it

p.s. this is a good opportunity to say that as of later today I'll be ''out of MH370 office'' for quite long & probably I won't get in internet much so my well deserved break due soon.. I really need it.. take care
Old 03-06-2014, 21:26   #191
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalenacrying View Post

p.s. this is a good opportunity to say that as of later today I'll be ''out of MH370 office'' for quite long & probably I won't get in internet much so my well deserved break due soon.. I really need it.. take care

Thank you for popping in. It's been great having you here. Hope you come back when you've had your break, and maybe we'll manage to find you a boat to hop on for a while
Old 03-06-2014, 21:35   #192

Quote:
Thank you for popping in. It's been great having you here. Hope you come back when you've had your break, and maybe we'll manage to find you a boat to hop on for a while
thanks captain that's a really cool idea

it's old but this is my global citizen CV for crew jobs

take care & say hi to Marc & the dog
Old 03-06-2014, 22:05   #193
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Dear journalists,

In case you didn't bother to read the thread properly, or are just too pushy to accept NO for an answer, I would like to remind you that I have mentioned several times that I will answer questions only here on the public forum. So please stop sending requests for me to contact you privately. There is no point, and I will no longer be sending responses just to say NO yet again.

Despite what the Daily Mail readers might believe, I am not interested in personal exposure. I am interested in helping answer any questions honestly and openly. If what they say is true, and this is about closure for the families, then you will ask your questions here.
Old 03-06-2014, 22:06   #194

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman

In one of my previous careers I was involved in searching for missile wreckage in the ocean. That involvement has given me a perverse curiosity about this search. To define our search area we had position indications from high resolution Air Force radar and input from various classified satellite observations that gave us a 15 x 30 nm search area. After 3 months of searching, we gave up. The current search is for a needle about the same size but in a much, much bigger haystack.

One of my other previous career duties involved trying to locate objects based on lines of bearing at irregular intervals. The agencies searching for MH 370 have certainly received a tremendous amount of information about the flight track, some reliable and some not so much. Hopefully somewhere "they" have compiled all the information, weighted its reliability and accuracy, and developed an area of probability where MH 370 impacted the ocean. Europaflyer seems to be trying to do such an analysis but probably does not have access to ALL reports nor all sources. Evaluating the relevance of eyewitness sightings vs. Inmarsat tracks vs. underwater sounds (including pinger sounds) has to be a daunting task.

Kudos to Saucy for coming forward with this information. Her observation, even if only within plus or minus 40 degrees, could be the missing bit needed to refine the aircraft position when combined with other locating information.
Dreaming Yachtsman is offline   Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 23:09   #195

Quote:
Despite what the Daily Mail readers might believe, I am not interested in personal exposure. I am interested in helping answer any questions honestly and openly. If what they say is true, and this is about closure for the families, then you will ask your questions here.
lets see whether this will work

voila.. an international prospective study, comparison of readers community @ two UK newspapers Daily Mail vs. The G...

btw, no The G... article on your story, it might be getting investigated

Closed Thread