Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2013, 06:51   #61
cruiser

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 59
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
WTF are you even talking about?

You're wound way too tightly there buddy!

what I am talking about..i am talking about this..

"I bought a stolen dinghy"


Is it this your original post. and what is problem then. you stated/wrote that you bought "stolen dinghy". in other words that mean that someone stole dinghy and then sold it to you.

and again that men that you accusing someone (seller) of selling stolen goods to the public. when you on the end figured out that dinghy actually is not stolen, are not you suppose to publicly (on this forum) apologise to the person that you accused of selling you "stolen dinghy"
__________________

__________________
transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 07:28   #62
Registered User
 
Moonpie's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Boat: O'day 302, 30'
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformer View Post

what I am talking about..i am talking about this..

"I bought a stolen dinghy"

Is it this your original post. and what is problem then. you stated/wrote that you bought "stolen dinghy". in other words that mean that someone stole dinghy and then sold it to you.

and again that men that you accusing someone (seller) of selling stolen goods to the public. when you on the end figured out that dinghy actually is not stolen, are not you suppose to publicly (on this forum) apologise to the person that you accused of selling you "stolen dinghy"
What are you talking about???
__________________

__________________
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 07:59   #63
Registered User
 
Cormorant's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catskill Mountains when not cruising
Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"
Posts: 2,073
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Moonpie never mentioned anyone by name here, so no one was accused publicly. He presented this story as a cautionary tale, one which is of interest to all of us.

As for the previous owner of the dinghy, I'm sure he was pained for a while, with the police asking him questions -- but he knew he did not steal it, so he figured eventually all would be cleared up. Same for the owner prior to him.

In the end the bureaucratic mistake was revealed, and everyone involved understands how these things can happen. I'm sure the previous owner does not blame Moonpie.
__________________
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 08:51   #64
Registered User
 
Moonpie's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Boat: O'day 302, 30'
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormorant View Post
Moonpie never mentioned anyone by name here, so no one was accused publicly. He presented this story as a cautionary tale, one which is of interest to all of us.

As for the previous owner of the dinghy, I'm sure he was pained for a while, with the police asking him questions -- but he knew he did not steal it, so he figured eventually all would be cleared up. Same for the owner prior to him.

In the end the bureaucratic mistake was revealed, and everyone involved understands how these things can happen. I'm sure the previous owner does not blame Moonpie.
Thanks for summarizing the affair correctly. The previous owner doesn't blame me, nor do I blame him. The PO was very apologetic, as was the guy he bought it from. For me to report that I bought a stolen dinghy was at the time 100% accurate.
__________________
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 13:24   #65
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 24
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

I'm sure transformer has a short between his windings and this is causing him to keep blowing his fuse.
__________________
John_ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 13:50   #66
Registered User
 
deckofficer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern and Southern California
Boat: too many
Posts: 4,198
Images: 4
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

I'm glad it all turned out good. You were without your dinghy for the short time the cops had it, and all you need to do now is clean out all the donut crumbs.
__________________
Bob
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Open Ocean (CMA)
http://tbuckets.lefora.com/
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 06:46   #67
Registered User
 
Moonpie's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Boat: O'day 302, 30'
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
I'm glad it all turned out good. You were without your dinghy for the short time the cops had it, and all you need to do now is clean out all the donut crumbs.
Yup! Haha. She's all cleaned out and waiting for the little 2 stroke to get to work!
__________________
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 10:02   #68
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_ZA View Post
I'm sure transformer has a short between his windings and this is causing him to keep blowing his fuse.
Possibly English not being his native tongue and misunderstanding.
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 11:07   #69
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 449
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Possibly English not being his native tongue and misunderstanding.
I would concur ... the "I bought a stolen dinghy" title was take as a fact known to the purchaser, and not as a headline.

Makes a good point ... think before posting ... to all parties ...
__________________
Richard_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:34   #70
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_W View Post
I would concur ... the "I bought a stolen dinghy" title was take as a fact known to the purchaser, and not as a headline.

Makes a good point ... think before posting ... to all parties ...
Still...the reaction was a little strong and not well thought out.
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:48   #71
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 449
Re: I bought a stolen dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Still...the reaction was a little strong and not well thought out.
I am NOT disagreeing ...

Glad that the story had happy ending ... woohoo!
__________________

__________________
Richard_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:19.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.