Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 22:02   #1

haricane fossey

the s/v salvor111 was completed 4 days before haricane fossey, I was singlehandled off johnson island on a starb tack runing for my life back north, I could tell by the swell, I would soon be facing something I and salvor wasnt ready for. hoping for landfall at kona. the electrical system was completely dead. all radios,radar,etc, gone. salvor sunk twice, 60 miles south of kona. meaning,her design was intended to float at gun wales when sawmped. lost the port hull. the pod surived beon my expectations. the starboard hull lost three feet off her stern.she is back in my boat shop. what a woman! what a boat. salvor has its own mind. when I could no longer hold on, she would take over,make her own desisions and face each wave with an awareness of a sentient being . she is now a 46' proa.
I am rebuilding the damage, having a rum and coke. thankfull for being allowed to share in the creation of her intent .
hopefully she and my family will follow her lead in the south pacific leaving a clean wake. Salvor111 Home
salvor111 is offline   Reply With Quote