Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 29-07-2010, 06:10   #16

Boat: Coronado 25
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleHeadMd
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Nice report

I wouldn't call no. 4 a mistake - a fortunate turn of events
Well, it was my intention to arrive much earlier, and explore the town and have a nice dinner somewhere. Still, it didn't ruin the trip having to sleep on the hook. The weather was spectacular.

To clarify- I did have some food. I had plenty of water, soda, and beer. I had a lot of deli meat, cheese and bread and potato chips, so I wasn't starving out there.

I was amazed at how well that ancient icebox held it's temperature.

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?
BubbleHeadMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 16:15   #17

Boat: Sundance 23
Great story. I'm definitely not going to use my old mountaineering stove on the boat. The slimline 2-burner propane will do just fine.

Can't wait to get out by myself on my first cruising adventure. Should be taking the first sail on August 15, after rigging in new halyards and finally setting her up to sail Very excited. Last weekend, we motored 20 miles and had a blast - good food, company and some light drink.

Water is Life!!!!
inSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:40   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Bubblehead, you're sure making all the mistakes in a hurry. But as long as you only make each one ONCE, sooner or later it will be safe to come within hailing distance of you.<G>

You might want to stop by a big box hardware store and look for "water foam" fire extinguishers, they're a bit larger and about twice the price, but they make foam instead of that damned yellow powder. Then you keep the old powder one as a backup, because you can't have too many extinguishers. (No, this isn't the old fashioned baking soda water type.)

Oh, and you might want to look into the "precooked" bacon in the supermarket. It isn't quite the same--but there's no risk of a grease fire from it. Anything that makes a greasy mess, isn't welcome on my watch.<G>

hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: