Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2016, 08:16   #46

Boat: 35' Pearson sloop
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Mainly because there is absolutely zero physical evidence suggesting otherwise.

All the pictures of earth we've seen are fakes. NASA "practiced" every Apollo mission at Epcot Center at Disney World. Which happens to look like outer space inside.

We haven't been back to the moon(if we ever went).

The constellations have not changed position since we began navigating by them over 5k years ago. Yet everything is moving away from the center of the galaxy at millions of miles per hour...

No one is allowed to go to Antarctica, Antarctica isn't it's own country even though it's a huge island the size of Asia. With mountain ranges 10k ft high and geothermal activity making it warm and semi tropical in places. Huge natural energy sources like coal abound. Yet it's all untapped. And it's all protected by the longest upheld treaty of all. And it's protected by the US, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, the UK and Australia. Countries that don't always get along, especially when the treaty was first started in the late fifties. All while not allowing any military games or training or fighting in the waters around it. (Who tells the US where they can play with their guns)?

Also, a big reason, Flights from Argentina to Australia have made emergency stops in Alaska/Seattle/San fransico. Why so far north when they should fly over Antarctica to save fuel and time.

Even Einstein said our astronomy can not be explained.

I'm wondering if those who wander where maps and control don't go have seen anything that made them think one way or another.

Please don't argue points, this is for fun only.
I fell off the edge once, I was just barely able to pull myself back back on!
lesterbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:18   #47

Quote:

All the pictures of earth we've seen are fakes. NASA "practiced" every Apollo mission at Epcot Center at Disney World. Which happens to look like outer space inside.

The constellations have not changed position since we began navigating by them over 5k years ago. Yet everything is moving away from the center of the galaxy at millions of miles per hour...

No one is allowed to go to Antarctica, Antarctica isn't it's own country even though it's a huge island the size of Asia. With mountain ranges 10k ft high and geothermal activity making it warm and semi tropical in places. Huge natural energy sources like coal abound. Yet it's all untapped. And it's all protected by the longest upheld treaty of all. And it's protected by the US, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, the UK and Australia. Countries that don't always get along, especially when the treaty was first started in the late fifties. All while not allowing any military games or training or fighting in the waters around it. (Who tells the US where they can play with their guns)?

Also, a big reason, Flights from Argentina to Australia have made emergency stops in Alaska/Seattle/San fransico. Why so far north when they should fly over Antarctica to save fuel and time.

I'm wondering if those who wander where maps and control don't go have seen anything that made them think one way or another.

Thr only thing I really want to know is if it's flat, and were on the top side, what on the bottom side? just tree roots and worms trying not to fall out?
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:49   #48

Boat: 2002 Beneteau 44 Center Cockpit

Click image for larger version

Name:	Irrefutable Evidence.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	123032
Irrefutable evidence
Old 23-04-2016, 08:54   #49

Boat: modified Spray 56' oa

Latest data from the people who know is that the North pole is suddenly on the move in a completely new direction (ESE at 17 cm a year) No word about similar movements of the south pole. Common sense says that this must be putting severe torsional stresses on the fabric of inner space and likely accounts for the increase of earthquakes rippling across the plane.
topmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:06   #50

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard

People please! You make it so complicated. You are getting all caught up in technology and words I can not even pronounce. Keep it simple!. If the world was round, and you fell down and started rolling, you would keep on rolling all the way around without being able to stop. This proves the earth is flat.
fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:08   #51

Quote:
See the redhead gets it. If the moon was full two days ago while the sun was in the sky, why isn't the moon full every time the sun is in the sky at the same time? It's clearly not the shadow of the earth making the moon phases.
Sure it was the moon? Maybe someone accidently left the lights on on the death star.
thomaskoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:18   #52

Boat: 1976 Albin 7.9 meter sailboat

My friend and sometime crew on my boat spent two different seasons at McMurdo as an IT guy...... I think he loved much of it, but was glad to get back home, too!
scareygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:26   #53

Quantum Physics says all our individual perceptions are relative and nothing is really "real". Einstein's Relativity says time is not linear; there is no 'past' or 'future', only now. So what the heck. If some people wish to believe the Earth is flat then maybe it is... for them. Just be careful and don't drop off, fall through a wormhole and come out in a different "now".
woodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:53   #54

Boat: O'Day 28

Like water could curve.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:00   #55

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

Quote:

Yes!! You must visit Fogo Island & see for yourself!
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationP..._Labrador.html

Cheers/ Len
Old 23-04-2016, 10:05   #56

Boat: Formosa 30 ketch

My wife doesn't want to cruise to Catalina, because half the time when we go to the beach, the island isn't there, and she doesn't want to get stuck when it's gone.
Of course, our mountains disappear at times, too.
I'm confused.
Bill Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:12   #57

Boat: Beneteau 38 Nordlund 72, Marquess 55, Jenneau 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards26 View Post
If the world were flat, a person could sit in California with a telescope and see Hawaii....but you can't do that.
Sarah Palin can
Valmika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:12   #58

Boat: Freedom 32'

Quote:
The king of rock and roll, Elvis, had to help prove your point.

CBS had broadcasted from atop the empire state building and received a clear signal in Honolulu, proving earth was flat by accident.

To cover their tracks the king performed the first ever concert via "satellite" record from Hawaii the next year. He was televised around the world from Hawaii claiming that it was being done via satellite.

Satellites were invented by a novelist about ten years before that. So they must have moved fast to invent rockets to get them into space as well as the units themselves. Quite a feat just to play some music...

And consequently, a very long time ago, they put a flag on a dinghy and pulled it through a canal six miles away and the telescope saw every inch of the flag which is impossible based on the amount of curvature the earth supposedly has.

Unless the earth is ten times the size they say it is. But then why would they say the earth was smaller than it is?

I love walking these insane lines of thinking. Stretches the imagination.

Ya'll are making my brain hurt!
Old 23-04-2016, 10:22   #59

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Seal View Post
My wife doesn't want to cruise to Catalina, because half the time when we go to the beach, the island isn't there, and she doesn't want to get stuck when it's gone.
Of course, our mountains disappear at times, too.
I'm confused.
Tell her that the earth is perfectly flat in clear wx only. It droops a little in damp & fog / Len
Old 23-04-2016, 10:26   #60

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Well, obviously the earth is flat, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer, (at least where I live)...
jimbunyard is offline   Reply With Quote