Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2016, 09:16   #46
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saint Lucie county FLa
Boat: 35' Pearson sloop
Posts: 307
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Mainly because there is absolutely zero physical evidence suggesting otherwise.

All the pictures of earth we've seen are fakes. NASA "practiced" every Apollo mission at Epcot Center at Disney World. Which happens to look like outer space inside.

We haven't been back to the moon(if we ever went).

The constellations have not changed position since we began navigating by them over 5k years ago. Yet everything is moving away from the center of the galaxy at millions of miles per hour...

No one is allowed to go to Antarctica, Antarctica isn't it's own country even though it's a huge island the size of Asia. With mountain ranges 10k ft high and geothermal activity making it warm and semi tropical in places. Huge natural energy sources like coal abound. Yet it's all untapped. And it's all protected by the longest upheld treaty of all. And it's protected by the US, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, the UK and Australia. Countries that don't always get along, especially when the treaty was first started in the late fifties. All while not allowing any military games or training or fighting in the waters around it. (Who tells the US where they can play with their guns)?

Also, a big reason, Flights from Argentina to Australia have made emergency stops in Alaska/Seattle/San fransico. Why so far north when they should fly over Antarctica to save fuel and time.

Even Einstein said our astronomy can not be explained.

I'm wondering if those who wander where maps and control don't go have seen anything that made them think one way or another.

Please don't argue points, this is for fun only.
I fell off the edge once, I was just barely able to pull myself back back on!
__________________

__________________
lesterbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:18   #47
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 580
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Mainly because there is absolutely zero physical evidence suggesting otherwise.

All the pictures of earth we've seen are fakes. NASA "practiced" every Apollo mission at Epcot Center at Disney World. Which happens to look like outer space inside.

We haven't been back to the moon(if we ever went).

The constellations have not changed position since we began navigating by them over 5k years ago. Yet everything is moving away from the center of the galaxy at millions of miles per hour...

No one is allowed to go to Antarctica, Antarctica isn't it's own country even though it's a huge island the size of Asia. With mountain ranges 10k ft high and geothermal activity making it warm and semi tropical in places. Huge natural energy sources like coal abound. Yet it's all untapped. And it's all protected by the longest upheld treaty of all. And it's protected by the US, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, the UK and Australia. Countries that don't always get along, especially when the treaty was first started in the late fifties. All while not allowing any military games or training or fighting in the waters around it. (Who tells the US where they can play with their guns)?

Also, a big reason, Flights from Argentina to Australia have made emergency stops in Alaska/Seattle/San fransico. Why so far north when they should fly over Antarctica to save fuel and time.

Even Einstein said our astronomy can not be explained.

I'm wondering if those who wander where maps and control don't go have seen anything that made them think one way or another.

Please don't argue points, this is for fun only.

Thr only thing I really want to know is if it's flat, and were on the top side, what on the bottom side? just tree roots and worms trying not to fall out?
__________________

__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:49   #48
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Currently South Africa, soon Las Palmas
Boat: Making a final decision :)
Posts: 6
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Irrefutable Evidence.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	123032
Irrefutable evidence
__________________
Always learning
The Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 09:54   #49
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nanaimo BC
Boat: modified Spray 56' oa
Posts: 236
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Latest data from the people who know is that the North pole is suddenly on the move in a completely new direction (ESE at 17 cm a year) No word about similar movements of the south pole. Common sense says that this must be putting severe torsional stresses on the fabric of inner space and likely accounts for the increase of earthquakes rippling across the plane.
__________________
topmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:06   #50
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard
Posts: 78
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

People please! You make it so complicated. You are getting all caught up in technology and words I can not even pronounce. Keep it simple!. If the world was round, and you fell down and started rolling, you would keep on rolling all the way around without being able to stop. This proves the earth is flat.
__________________
fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:08   #51
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: austria (the one without oceans or roos)
Posts: 11
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
See the redhead gets it. If the moon was full two days ago while the sun was in the sky, why isn't the moon full every time the sun is in the sky at the same time? It's clearly not the shadow of the earth making the moon phases.
Sure it was the moon? Maybe someone accidently left the lights on on the death star.
__________________
thomaskoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:18   #52
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Boat: 1976 Albin 7.9 meter sailboat
Posts: 39
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

My friend and sometime crew on my boat spent two different seasons at McMurdo as an IT guy...... I think he loved much of it, but was glad to get back home, too!
__________________
scareygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:26   #53
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 195
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quantum Physics says all our individual perceptions are relative and nothing is really "real". Einstein's Relativity says time is not linear; there is no 'past' or 'future', only now. So what the heck. If some people wish to believe the Earth is flat then maybe it is... for them. Just be careful and don't drop off, fall through a wormhole and come out in a different "now".
__________________
woodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 10:53   #54
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: Cal 29
Posts: 3,796
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Like water could curve.
__________________
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:00   #55
Registered User
 
deblen's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Grand Manan,N.B.,Canada N44.40 W66.50
Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft
Posts: 1,155
Images: 1
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Mainly because there is absolutely zero physical evidence suggesting otherwise.

All the pictures of earth we've seen are fakes. NASA "practiced" every Apollo mission at Epcot Center at Disney World. Which happens to look like outer space inside.

We haven't been back to the moon(if we ever went).

The constellations have not changed position since we began navigating by them over 5k years ago. Yet everything is moving away from the center of the galaxy at millions of miles per hour...

No one is allowed to go to Antarctica, Antarctica isn't it's own country even though it's a huge island the size of Asia. With mountain ranges 10k ft high and geothermal activity making it warm and semi tropical in places. Huge natural energy sources like coal abound. Yet it's all untapped. And it's all protected by the longest upheld treaty of all. And it's protected by the US, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, the UK and Australia. Countries that don't always get along, especially when the treaty was first started in the late fifties. All while not allowing any military games or training or fighting in the waters around it. (Who tells the US where they can play with their guns)?

Also, a big reason, Flights from Argentina to Australia have made emergency stops in Alaska/Seattle/San fransico. Why so far north when they should fly over Antarctica to save fuel and time.

Even Einstein said our astronomy can not be explained.

I'm wondering if those who wander where maps and control don't go have seen anything that made them think one way or another.

Please don't argue points, this is for fun only.
Yes!! You must visit Fogo Island & see for yourself!
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationP..._Labrador.html

Cheers/ Len
__________________
My personal experience & humble opinions-feel free to ignore both
deblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:05   #56
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SoCal
Boat: Formosa 30 ketch
Posts: 297
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

My wife doesn't want to cruise to Catalina, because half the time when we go to the beach, the island isn't there, and she doesn't want to get stuck when it's gone.
Of course, our mountains disappear at times, too.
I'm confused.
__________________
Bill Seal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:12   #57
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2014
Location: So Cal
Boat: Beneteau 38 Nordlund 72, Marquess 55, Jenneau 49
Posts: 189
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards26 View Post
If the world were flat, a person could sit in California with a telescope and see Hawaii....but you can't do that.
Sarah Palin can
__________________
Valmika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:12   #58
Senior Cruiser
 
zengirl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: 1985 Freedom Mach1 32'
Posts: 237
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
The king of rock and roll, Elvis, had to help prove your point.

CBS had broadcasted from atop the empire state building and received a clear signal in Honolulu, proving earth was flat by accident.

To cover their tracks the king performed the first ever concert via "satellite" record from Hawaii the next year. He was televised around the world from Hawaii claiming that it was being done via satellite.

Satellites were invented by a novelist about ten years before that. So they must have moved fast to invent rockets to get them into space as well as the units themselves. Quite a feat just to play some music...

And consequently, a very long time ago, they put a flag on a dinghy and pulled it through a canal six miles away and the telescope saw every inch of the flag which is impossible based on the amount of curvature the earth supposedly has.

Unless the earth is ten times the size they say it is. But then why would they say the earth was smaller than it is?

I love walking these insane lines of thinking. Stretches the imagination.

Ya'll are making my brain hurt!
__________________
"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandberg
zengirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:22   #59
Registered User
 
deblen's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Grand Manan,N.B.,Canada N44.40 W66.50
Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft
Posts: 1,155
Images: 1
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Seal View Post
My wife doesn't want to cruise to Catalina, because half the time when we go to the beach, the island isn't there, and she doesn't want to get stuck when it's gone.
Of course, our mountains disappear at times, too.
I'm confused.
Tell her that the earth is perfectly flat in clear wx only. It droops a little in damp & fog / Len
__________________
My personal experience & humble opinions-feel free to ignore both
deblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 11:26   #60
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Slidell, La.
Boat: Morgan Classic 33
Posts: 795
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Well, obviously the earth is flat, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer, (at least where I live)...
__________________

__________________
jimbunyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Coast Guard boarding experience (not typical i dont think) natraps116 Our Community 302 08-01-2016 09:48


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.