Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2016, 11:32   #196
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: Cal 29
Posts: 3,797
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Search for "shrooms."
__________________

__________________
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 11:46   #197
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 583
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Search for "shrooms."
or toads.
__________________

__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 18:24   #198
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now, in the marked for a ~50ft cat
Posts: 339
Images: 1
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Search for "shrooms."
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
or toads.
You guys made my day!
__________________
“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.”
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:13   #199
Registered User
 
Deep Blue Blues's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 176
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
Yes, same from our side looking North, from Victoria to Cattle Pass, the land mass at times looks stretched out vertically x10 and other times it doubles with one imagine floating over the other, what looks to be thousands of feet higher. Very cool.
Is this the phenomenon that makes a city look like its floating in the sky? Plenty of good video of it, just thought it was another gimmick or crazy app.

And I like to search ayahuasca.
__________________
Deep Blue Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:35   #200
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 583
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Is this the phenomenon that makes a city look like its floating in the sky? Plenty of good video of it, just thought it was another gimmick or crazy app.

And I like to search ayahuasca.
Yes I would think so. A few time as I was sailing from the San Juans to Blaine I would see Vancouver. B.C. double image with the top one stretching upward. I'm always fascinated by it. I used to drive to Alaska every year, there were time's the aurora borealis would be so intense at night, I couldn't drive, I would just park and spend hours watching the light show.
__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:38   #201
Registered User
 
Deep Blue Blues's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 176
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
Yes I would think so. A few time as I was sailing from the San Juans to Blaine I would see Vancouver. B.C. double image with the top one stretching upward. I'm always fascinated by it. I used to drive to Alaska every year, there were time's the aurora borealis would be so intense at night, I couldn't drive, I would just park and spend hours watching the light show.
Man that's just....dreamy? Couldn't think of a better word. What time of Year do you see that over Vancouver? Winter thing or just random?

I've always wanted to see a good portion of the borealis. Only ever seen it's glow over the trees.
__________________
Deep Blue Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:42   #202
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 583
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Man that's just....dreamy? Couldn't think of a better word. What time of Year do you see that over Vancouver? Winter thing or just random?

I've always wanted to see a good portion of the borealis. Only ever seen it's glow over the trees.
The last time over, perhaps a month ago. My daughter and grand daughter were with me, my grand daughter was amazed, could not believe her eyes. Good stuff. Northern B.C. the Northern lights would get so intense it seemed 100 yards away. Mind blowing!
__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 17:21   #203
Registered User
 
Deep Blue Blues's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 176
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
The last time over, perhaps a month ago. My daughter and grand daughter were with me, my grand daughter was amazed, could not believe her eyes. Good stuff. Northern B.C. the Northern lights would get so intense it seemed 100 yards away. Mind blowing!
That's wild. I've got to get up that way sooner than later. Thanks for sharing Stinky.
__________________
Deep Blue Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 18:26   #204
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 583
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
That's wild. I've got to get up that way sooner than later. Thanks for sharing Stinky.
Sure. Where are you at? It's a great place the P.N.W. I'm very glad to be back here myself after being gone for 30 or so years.
__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 19:41   #205
Registered User
 
Deep Blue Blues's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 176
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
Sure. Where are you at? It's a great place the P.N.W. I'm very glad to be back here myself after being gone for 30 or so years.
I'm in Georgia for now. On the Alabama line. I just purchased an old RV and I'm planning on touring the country during hurricane season.

I'll be visiting the Dakota's and Wyoming first. The last pocket of the US I've not traveled to yet. Then it's on to Canada and back to Alaska.

Can't wait to see it all.
__________________
Deep Blue Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 22:43   #206
Coastal Cruiser.
 
uncle stinkybob's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: P.N.W.
Boat: Lancer 30-5
Posts: 583
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
I'm in Georgia for now. On the Alabama line. I just purchased an old RV and I'm planning on touring the country during hurricane season.

I'll be visiting the Dakota's and Wyoming first. The last pocket of the US I've not traveled to yet. Then it's on to Canada and back to Alaska.

Can't wait to see it all.
Sounds like a great trip. If your out towards the Olympic Peninsula. Wa state give me a holler.
__________________

__________________
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Coast Guard boarding experience (not typical i dont think) natraps116 Our Community 302 08-01-2016 09:48


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:17.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.