Old 03-11-2016, 18:47   #151

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

You had me at afternoon naps.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 18:13   #152

Boat: wanting a cat
Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Just to resurrect an old but entertaining thread, search on youtube the hot and crazy women matrix...

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 06:29   #153

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
You had me at afternoon naps.

Made me laugh. Too true.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a female companion. Mid-20s, tall, trim, firm. No dingbats or snowflakes. Employed with a good job, makes enough money to support me. Must be intelligent and logical. I'm OK if she has a catamaran, but I'd prefer if she has a 45-50' monohull with sugar scoop. And she'd better know how to cook.

Until she comes along I'm going to stick with the one I have now. I wonder if it will be a long wait.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 07:43   #154

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post

Made me laugh. Too true.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a female companion. Mid-20s, tall, trim, firm. No dingbats or snowflakes. Employed with a good job, makes enough money to support me. Must be intelligent and logical. I'm OK if she has a catamaran, but I'd prefer if she has a 45-50' monohull with sugar scoop. And she'd better know how to cook.

Until she comes along I'm going to stick with the one I have now. I wonder if it will be a long wait.
Unless you're a 1%er, fat chance! And I'll bet she'll still will not cook.
Love is just another 4 letter word!
Old 16-03-2017, 12:20   #155

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post

Made me laugh. Too true.

Anyone with also a proper walking foot zig-zag sewing machine?
ErikFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 12:29   #156

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikFinn View Post
Anyone with also a proper walking foot zig-zag sewing machine?
My heart fluttered. I think that's asking for too much.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 14:24   #157

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

WANTED, A good women who can dig worms, catch, clean and cook fish. Also has a boat and motor. Please send photo of boat and motor.
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 23:19   #158

Boat: wanting a cat

had a good friend who ended up marrying a beautiful woman in St. Thomas, quite the lady's man! She was a multi millionaire, had a Lagoon 52, farm in Virginia. He left her and never took a dime! I met her and she was absolutely beautiful and quite pleasant!
The stuff that I have witnessed in my brief tour on earth...

You can make this stuff up, but real life can twist your brain sideways...

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 08:11   #159

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Ah ... companionship and love ...

Mrs. Trump was asked if she would have married The Donald if he were not a wealthy man. She responded with her own question: Would he have married her if she were not beautiful?

Me: I'd like to find a gal* that wakes up wondering about Comparing techniques used for eye splicing double braid polyester (=Class 1) as well as doing all the other stuff I can't do. Large aluminum yacht a plus!

*This is a fictional description. No reference to living persons is intended.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 19:54   #160

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

^^^^^
Good one, Blue Crab. You're welcome to come over and clear the coffee from my computer, now!

Ann
Old 20-03-2017, 05:34   #161

Boat: Leopard 39 Owners Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawatuman View Post
Yes ive noticed many women on date sites say their kids come first and are their everything. Unwilling to flex for a partner. Leaving the man to feel second place at best.
But then the kids are grown in 10 to 15 yrs leaving the woman old and alone in many cases.
They cant see the long game where the adults raise the children as a couple, children leave the nest, couple grow old together and go sailing, this is a sailing site of course .
Most people live 75yrs and to base ones whole life on10 to 15 yr child raising period seems short sighted.
I think you have forgotten what can happen in close families. After the kids are grown, the grand kids arrive, and now, going sailing is even more difficult then when it was the kids at home. It may be a short time in child raising, but until you die, either you stay close to the grand and great grand kids, or you wait on the boat for them to come and visit. Mother/grand mother/wife will rarely choose the boating/cruising life over any issue.
Privleoplag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 17:03   #162

My take away from the last few pages are this...

1. Don't make this a lot harder than it needs to be.

2. Quit skipping ahead and worrying about step 842 when you are not even on step 1 yet.

3. Painting both genders with a very broad brush is not helpful and will not make you feel better about yourself or your situation.

4. As many have pointed out already... Single and hopeful / open to marriage is better than being married and wanting to be single. It's not even close.

Two overarching themes that are repeated often within the thread...

1. There are women (and men) who are bitter and cynical due to prior relationships / marriages / life and they expect whoever is with them to "pay for crimes you didn't commit" or they want you to put on your superhero tights and cape and proceed to rescue them from the hell of their own creation.

Hurt People, hurt people. When you run into these types... Keep on trucking down the road. Why or how they got that way isn't your problem to solve and no sane person would give them the time of day.

2. There are many women (and men) who are perfectly happy to be land lovers. Their reasons are valid and vary from kids, family, enjoy the rat race, career, dislike water / boats, etc.

Whatever the reason, they do not need your permission or approval. Keep looking until you find someone who either already feels the way you do or comes to love it after experiencing it with you.

Nothing has changed. What has worked very well since man has walked the face of the earth still works today!

Step 1 - Walk up and introduce yourself to all the single woman you find attractive and would like to get to know better.

Step 2 - If after having a conversation with them you are still interested, ask them out. If they say no go back to step 1 and repeat until one (or several) say yes.

Step 3 - Show them a good time.

Step 4 - If you lose interest or she does... go back to step 1.

Step 6 - When you finally meet someone and you both develop feelings, care about, value, respect and love one another... the rest of steps all the way through 842 sort themselves out in a normal, natural and healthy way. This is the fun part, not this complicated, difficult and painful process that some have alluded too within the thread.

Why worry about or discuss step 842 when neither of you know each other and for some, you do it prior to your actually first date. The whole "where is this going" or better yet "you have to give up everything you know to go sailing with me for X number or months or else" isn't very attractive nor effective.

Slow down fellows. What would you think and what would your reaction be if a woman you just started dating told you that if you want to continue to see her that you have to get her pregnant? Yeah... not good!

Patience and timing is everything. If you give her the opportunity to to get to know you and for the relationship to develop like you should... she might very well come to that decision that she wants to sail away with you and want it just as much as you do.
ddeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 17:26   #163
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i HAVE that walking foot sewing machine.
i also have a 40 ft boat.
MINE
none of you is qualified to sail her.
you all believe women donot wish to cruise.
hahahahahahaha
you also have not met women whose kids are not center of planet anymore . ha ha ha ha ha oops
there are these out here.,\
my view is better than your view as is my ambient winter temperature. you have snow, yes?? hahahahahahaha i donot.

oh yeah i forgot.
you clowns want 20 -30 yr olds to fill the eyecandy category as ypu are all in your 40-60 yrs range of midlife crisis., why would a good woman want that??
gag.
it is your mentation that is the issue. once you get over yourselves mebbe you MIGHT meet someone decent with whom to sail, but then you would be too old and she would be HOT. hahahahaha
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 05:35   #164

To add to this thread, and speaking from experience

It is (far) easier to turn a nice (yet intelligent and adventurous) girl to sailing, than to woo and wend to your way a single sailing female.

I say this on my honeymoon, from on board our shared 32' cruiser/racer
MJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 09:23   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i HAVE that walking foot sewing machine.
i also have a 40 ft boat.
MINE
none of you is qualified to sail her.
you all believe women donot wish to cruise.
hahahahahahaha
you also have not met women whose kids are not center of planet anymore . ha ha ha ha ha oops
there are these out here.,\
my view is better than your view as is my ambient winter temperature. you have snow, yes?? hahahahahahaha i donot.

oh yeah i forgot.
you clowns want 20 -30 yr olds to fill the eyecandy category as ypu are all in your 40-60 yrs range of midlife crisis., why would a good woman want that??
gag.
it is your mentation that is the issue. once you get over yourselves mebbe you MIGHT meet someone decent with whom to sail, but then you would be too old and she would be HOT. hahahahaha
Zeehag, I'm not a frequent poster and not on your radar. But of all the people I have ever seen post on any internet forum, you would be my choice if faced with the question " Who would you choose if allowed to meet only one person from the internet?"

This is said in the most complimentary way possible.

I might not like you, but that list is small so unlikely. It's 50/50 you would dislike me (maybe already do). I wouldn't tell you how to sail or touch your stuff or try to bait you into an argument. I'd just sit and listen because your perspective and outlook on life is at the same time humorous, maddening, educational, and cringey.

Keep on keeping on!
Crazy Talk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail