My take away from the last few pages are this...
1. Don't make this a lot harder than it needs to be.
2. Quit skipping ahead and worrying about step 842 when you are not even on step 1 yet.
3. Painting both genders with a very broad brush is not helpful and will not make you feel better about yourself or your situation.
4. As many have pointed out already... Single
and hopeful / open to marriage is better than being married and wanting to be single
. It's not even close.
Two overarching themes that are repeated often within the thread...
1. There are women (and men) who are bitter and cynical due to prior relationships / marriages / life and they expect whoever is with them to "pay for crimes you didn't commit" or they want you to put on your superhero tights and cape and proceed to rescue
them from the hell of their own creation.
, hurt people. When you run into these types... Keep on trucking down the road. Why or how they got that way isn't your problem to solve and no sane person would give them the time of day.
2. There are many women (and men) who are perfectly happy to be land lovers. Their reasons are valid and vary from kids, family
, enjoy the rat race
, career, dislike water
/ boats, etc.
Whatever the reason, they do not need your permission or approval. Keep looking until you find someone who either already feels the way you do or comes to love it after experiencing it with you.
Nothing has changed. What has worked very well since man has walked the face of the earth still works today!
Step 1 - Walk up and introduce yourself to all the single woman you find attractive and would like to get to know better.
Step 2 - If after having a conversation with them you are still interested, ask them out. If they say no go back to step 1 and repeat until one (or several) say yes.
Step 3 - Show them a good time.
Step 4 - If you lose interest or she does... go back to step 1.
Step 6 - When you finally meet someone and you both develop feelings, care about, value, respect and love one another... the rest of steps all the way through 842 sort themselves out in a normal, natural and healthy way. This is the fun part, not this complicated, difficult and painful process that some have alluded too within the thread.
Why worry about or discuss step 842 when neither of you know each other and for some, you do it prior to your actually first date. The whole "where is this going
" or better yet "you have to give up everything you know to go sailing with me for X number or months or else
" isn't very attractive nor effective.
Slow down fellows. What would you think and what would your reaction be if a woman you just started dating told you that if you want to continue to see her that you have to get her pregnant? Yeah... not good!
Patience and timing is everything. If you give her the opportunity to to get to know you and for the relationship to develop like you should... she might very well come to that decision that she wants to sail away with you and want it just as much as you do.