Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 20:23   #1

Boat: PETERSON 44
co2 vs efficient life style

Having watched the climate change thread with curiosity. I wondered if the greenies and disbelievers could agree. The agreement is a)efficiency is a good thing b) dependancy on foreign fuel is a bad thing c) alternative technologies need investigating d) Cost and return are important.
I hope to hear how investing in life changes and alternative options benefits or takes away from our quality of life.
I start with my thoughts.
Green/ vegetated roofs no bang for your buck unless there are restrictions on sq footage access and run off capacitys a well designed storm sceprtor can manage this for a better return.
Institutions and homes can reduce there dependancy on utilities by 20% without loss of quality. Simple measures like switching to compact flourescents, Replacing an old refigerator upgrading your ac unit to a high sear rated unit, Insulating exterior walls and replacing single pane windows, use low flow toilets, manage your yard watering, change your faucets to low flow aerators look at grey water systems.
Solar panels make no sense unless you are in an area where access is restricted or you have spent your dollars on everything above.
As a true republican who will vote for Obamma It is our governments responsabilty to protect life, liberty and property It is our resposability to choose wisely where we expend and devote the gifts we are so fortunate to have been burdened.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:12   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
sabay,
This would be an excellent topic for a forum relating to green issues. The valuable information you are providing is also available in the same type of websites. This type of thread also creates factions and tends to bring out the worst in people, typically ending in arguments that go negative. I am not saying the material is unimportant,it is important, it just belongs in a forum more suited to the subject matter. Given Cruisers Forum is primarily about boats, then lets try to keep the subject matter directly relating to boats in some way. If you would like to debate climate change and global warming then we already have a thread relating to that.

Also, bringing in politics only serves to stir the pot even more.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ange-8284.html

Life begins where land ends.
Closed Thread