Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-01-2011, 22:26   #61

Boat: Westerly Centaur
From a newbie with a dream, I just want to say thankyou. To both the people that made this forum in the first place and the forumers that make it work. I had a dream and most ffolks think I'm crazy On here I found the dream wasn't crazy but that aspects of it needed addressing to make it a reality and not a nightmare. To know that this life doesn't belong to the rich, or the lifelong seasalt was important. It makes it an achievable goal.
We don't know the folk on the other end of these threads generally so we must always temper advice. But to read sound knowledge, not from one but several should make you take some heed and perhaps redefine a vague plan. A twelve foot draft is a bad choice for the Bahamas. Believe it. More than one on here will have been and is saying it from real experience.
I'm going ahead with my plan. It's all I really want. I wont be put off by the naysayers But I will absorb the advice that is offered and make any changes accordingly.
I've actually never met a more fiery but sincere group of folk.

Old 19-01-2011, 00:46   #62

Boat: Marine Trader 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillylad View Post
To know that this life doesn't belong to the rich, or the lifelong seasalt was important. It makes it an achievable goal.
Quite right, you can be an absolute novice, never been in a boat of any kind, but if you have the desire, the initial cash, and some restraint, you can do it, learn more, and do it better, no matter how young, or old you are. If anyone ever had a bucket list, this should be #1 with a bullet.

Imagine, 60 years old and you have a chance to scrap everything you have ever done or not done and start again. In a place where you will be accepted just for what you are doing now.

I have had a pretty good life, but there has always been something missing, now I have found it.

Old 19-01-2011, 00:52   #63

Boat: Westerly Centaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
Quite right, you can be an absolute novice, never been in a boat of any kind, but if you have the desire, the initial cash, and some restraint, you can do it, learn more, and do it better, no matter how young, or old you are. If anyone ever had a bucket list, this should be #1 with a bullet.

Imagine, 60 years old and you have a chance to scrap everything you have ever done or not done and start again. In a place where you will be accepted just for what you are doing now.

I have had a pretty good life, but there has always been something missing, now I have found it.
Good on yer Don. I'm 50 and ready and kicking for that change now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: