Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-05-2012, 13:25   #76
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: A Tale of Two "Captains"

rofl-i found chapter 13 of that list ye had for the book--seems it was buried prematurely just before its need----
chapter 13--hurrycame survival tactics while at sea

sounds like a lovely memorial-- sorry i had to miss it.

zeehag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 14:07   #77
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

I'm gong to miss my Dad and will be wanting his boat which is rightfully MINE! You will be hearing from my lawyer!

Old 22-05-2012, 15:56   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Dang. and I thought you 2 were getting married......
He was just an old tart, seems that he would rub off on anyone. He is probably surfing down some great waves on his ghostly schooner yelling "starboard port" at all the stupid angels in his way sitting on clouds filing their nails, or whatever they are supposed to do up there.

Coops.
Old 22-05-2012, 17:51   #79

Boat: private yacht always moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
I'm gong to miss my Dad and will be wanting his boat which is rightfully MINE! You will be hearing from my lawyer!
I have received the letter today. It has been forwarded to my attorney for review. he will be in touch later this week
Old 22-05-2012, 19:09   #80
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
Fantasy Yacht Club - Notice of Race (CaptainADD Memorial Series)

1. Rules - The race will be governed by the International Sailing Federation's Racing Rules of Sailing, except the first 30 Chapters which are too complicated and detailed

2. Entries - All entries will be registered with The widowADD with an accompanying fee of $32.10 per boat plus $15.00 per crew. Payments can be made by PayPal or equivalent value of beer, rum and hamburger meat

3. Notices to Competitors - Will be posted on twitter and the widowADD's knitting blog (where there is a convenient PayPal button) although it is probably more convenient to just ask the skipper or bowman on the next boat about any changes during the prestart

4. Changes to Sailing Instructions - Wiil be made frequently and distributed by word of mouth as not everyone has twitter but everyone can ask the next guy

5. Signals Made Ashore - Are confusing so we plan to make a lot of them. When the "AP" signal is made ashore it means the race is delayed 30 minutes or thereabouts and "All Party" is encouraged. Boats without coolers will be penalized

6. Schedule of Races - See instruction 4

7. Class Flags - The class flag for Cruising Keelboats is B for beer. The class flag for IOR and IRC certified boats is W for wannabees. The class flag for Cruising Catamarans is T for I Think all Cats Are Faster Than Monos. The Class flag for "bluewater" boats, houseboats with steadying sails, liferafts and Hunters is G for Get out of the way of the real boats.

8. The Start - The race will be started using rule 26. If you don't know rule 26 just follow someone. You can pass him on the course later. The starting line will be biased and moved frequently but the last move of the committee boat will be no later than 1 minute before thre start. The start time will be 12:05 using an average of 3 different Casio sport watches worn by various committee members and a sundial mounted on the committee boat cabin top.

9. The Course - Will be sort of windward/leward dependig on where the wind is blowing. All marks rounded to port unless that is too difficult, then round to starboard or "get close" and give it a try. The Committee will give credit for trying. A picture of the mark using a camera phone is probably close enough

10. The Marks - Will be various colors and locations. We will add a couple of crab pot buoys to make it interesting

11. The Finish - Will happen eventually. The time limit for all boats is when the beer runs out on the committee boat (sail fast or donate more beer)

12. Scoring - Will be done in secret behind closed doors using a home grown handicap system

13. Alternative Penalties - RRS 44.2 will apply however no one likes making gybes so the penalty is one tack followed by a down down of 16 oz of beer. Running out of beer results in a DSQ result

14. Identification - All boats must be identified. No wearing disguises and there can only be one Jolly Roger pennant per fleet (its not that funny). There is a special prize for the boat that gets identified simply as "That boat with the bowchick with the massive hooters" - plan accordingly

15. Protests - Are a big pain in the butt so we won't be hearing any

15. Declaration - All entrants must sign on the race sheet sometime before, during or after the race. Upon completing the course he/she must sign off the sheet. The declaration indicates that the skipper didn't pass out from drinking so really didn't give the race his best effort.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 19:19   #81

Boat: PETERSON 44
Captain add has asked that he be cremated and join the next commercial space x flight memorial stratosphere scattering. For a mere 3 boat bucks he can be re incinerated on earths upper atmosphere.. Space x offers this today for a one time offer of 2,99 boat bucks. Your loved one can be discharged into earths upper atmosphere while the space taxi dragon returns to earth.
Old 22-05-2012, 20:32   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Captain add has asked that he be cremated and join the next commercial space x flight memorial stratosphere scattering. For a mere 3 boat bucks he can be re incinerated on earths upper atmosphere.. Space x offers this today for a one time offer of 2,99 boat bucks. Your loved one can be discharged into earths upper atmosphere while the space taxi dragon returns to earth.
I find that hard to believe as e was a sailor and wanted to be with the water. I think you must be one of the committee boat drivers,,,
Old 23-05-2012, 16:12   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post

Don,,, My attorney advised me that the letter was fake. Being that I have sailed with you I find it hard to believe that CaptainADD was your dad. His skills go unmatched. I am disregarding the letter and advise you to do the same. last week I was promoted from mate to Captain. I am currently working on his old sailboat getting it race ready for next month. See you on the course.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: