Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2010, 12:37   #121

Boat: Haida 26', 18' Sea Kayak, 15' kayak, 6.5' skiff, shorts
I thought my guests were bad for being lazy, know it all, uninterested in sail trim, smoking near the gas, and leaving beer cans and cigarette butts in inappropriate places. This sounds like a nightmare!
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 13:05   #122

Boat: Hobie, Wave Cat 16ft - "Bum Soaked"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
smoking near the gas
What the hell is wrong with these people?!

Smoking... near... the... gas... GAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Smoking is not allowed on my boat, PERIOD!!!!! Too much **** on a boat can easily catch fire for me to allow smoking. Not to mention I don't like cleanning nasty smears of ash off the deck of my boat. I nearly made my older brother swim his drunk ass to shore when he lit up while I was below deck using the head. I guess he thought he could get in a quick smoke while I was occupied. Evidently the wake from a passing boat caused him to drop his cigarette and put a small hole in one of my cockpit cushions. Since that incident cigarettes are no longer just a "no-no" on my boat but a strictly banned substance.
maisis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:44   #123

Fishwife, i am at a loss for words at your situation. I think you did the right thing given what information you had. beyond that all i can say is..

ps:- Also read that your sailing buddies have decided too give up cruising as a result of all this. Hope it all works out for you. Good luck with finding a more manageable boat.
troymclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 19:54   #124

Boat: 22' Avalon Pontoon - The WINE BARge
Fishwife, I am literally sick to my stomach after reading this. What a violation! She tried to make you lose your boat, your home! She's made you and your friends want to change a way of life that you love. She'll get hers one of these days.

I'm being very generous when I say I hope her problem was that she fell off her meds rather than just being evil.

K
RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 20:05   #125
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
With respect to the original post, its a great reason for getting multiple references.

I wonder how feasible it is to get a drug test kit that can be processed on the spot and a psych evaluation that can also be done on the spot?

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:45   #126
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post

I wonder how feasible it is to get a drug test kit that can be processed on the spot and a psych evaluation that can also be done on the spot?

for skipper or crew?
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04   #127

Boat: Silverton 42
Hi P,
Firstly, I'm so sorry that you, your crew, and your boat had to experience such contemptible conduct. I read your post several times and realized that much of what you discovered you discovered after the fact - so you were still giving the deville the benefit of the doubt. That's humanity. People like the deville are few and far between - and so people like you who are prepared to deal with such conduct so humanely. I would likely have abandoned her in the hospital or earlier at sea.... Regards,
Bill
Bill Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 10:33   #128

Boat: private yacht always moving
I need a date Friday night,,,is she available,,,,,,just kidding,,,

I have had similar experiences,,,,, not this bad,, but close, both with crew members and owners.... not a good time for anybody,,,,,hard to tell what is going to happen,,, what I have found is if there is no chemistry within the first couple of day it is better to part ways,,, set down the rules before leaving and stick to them
captainKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 10:42   #129

Boat: private yacht always moving
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacust View Post
I agree with the sentiments. But posting the name could open them up for a lawsuit. If it was me, I wouldn't post it.

-dan
I have a question,,, IF the person's name is Sara Smith,,, how would anybody know which Sara Smith it is. He could be talking about any Sara Smith. End of lawsuit..... how could he lose a lawsuit if he doesn't put down an address, phone number,,,or country?????

There are 3,129 people in the U.S. named Sara Smith.
How Many of Me
captainKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 11:06   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainKJ View Post
I have a question,,, IF the person's name is Sara Smith,,, how would anybody know which Sara Smith it is. He could be talking about any Sara Smith. End of lawsuit..... how could he lose a lawsuit if he doesn't put down an address, phone number,,,or country?????

There are 3,129 people in the U.S. named Sara Smith.
How Many of Me
According to that site, there are 5 other people with my name in the US...and my girlfriend is the ONLY person with her name in the US. So there are definitely some cases where a name is enough.
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 12:05   #131

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Just to be clear, the person who caused my rant is not called Sara Smith. We don't need a class action from people called Sarah Smith.

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 12:15   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
Just to be clear, the person who caused my rant is not called Sara Smith
Going off on a slight tangent... did you ever get hold of the guy who referred "not Sara Smith"? I always like stories to tie up nice and neat. That's why I never really liked the end of the original "Italian Job".
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 12:17   #133

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Going off on a slight tangent... did you ever get hold of the guy who referred "not Sara Smith"? I always like stories to tie up nice and neat. That's why I never really liked the end of the original "Italian Job".
Thats why I prefer Columbo or 'Murder she wrote', and Scooby Doo for that matter cos yoiu always get the run down at the end.
If it hadnt been for those pesky kids, I wouldnt have a clue what was happening.
Old 16-09-2010, 12:25   #134

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
He's paying for new head liners, quite a bit of money, and for a new mattress and bedding.

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 12:29   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
He's paying for new head liners, quite a bit of money, and for a new mattress and bedding. P.
Good!
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote