Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2010, 13:40   #16

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Oh, just saw your post about the drug dog, I feel better that the boat is clean but still search carefully, and name names this is why we have a community.
E
Old 29-07-2010, 13:43   #17
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
we found a big block of cannabis resin that went over the side.
How big is big?
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 13:51   #18

Boat: grampian 26
How big does it have to be to get ten years in that part of the world?
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 13:52   #19

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
How big is big?
I'd say about 8 ounces but I didn't stop to weigh it.

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 13:52   #20
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Wow- we may get the Mods involved in this. Can we keep a "book" of sorts, maybe only accessible by members, with a list of individual like this? Even their initials and place of last port....
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 13:53   #21

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
For the price of an anchor, I would have disposed of her when she sabotaged the engine.
Your too passive and good natured.
Old 29-07-2010, 14:01   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Wow- we may get the Mods involved in this. Can we keep a "book" of sorts, maybe only accessible by members, with a list of individual like this? Even their initials and place of last port....
Much as I'd like to name her, I know from involvement with other forums, that is a path fraught with legal problems for the forum owners, even when there are a number of witnesses who will testify to the truth of a statement. But like I said, one to one messages, no problem.

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
Old 29-07-2010, 14:03   #23

Boat: 36ft one off trimiran
What sort of friend would reccommended a physco bitch like that ,bloody hell! friends like him/her you could do with out ,your story was something out of a horror movie ala-dead calm style, you are a patient man and more forgiving than i ,when she first came aboard what was your first impression of her? did you have an ikling to what she was like ? glad you found the dope god knows what the outcome would have been cheers Andy
trinescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 14:12   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
For the price of an anchor, I would have disposed of her when she sabotaged the engine.
Your too passive and good natured.
I love your style, wanna come cruising

I don't think she actively sabotaged the engine, she was fiddling. It was only having a checklist for an engine failure that helped me find the problem quickly. Start at the beginning of the fuel path etc. I knew a valve couldn't have turned itself off so I reviewed the engine room camera records which get recorded on a virtual endless loop. There she was, opening and closing them, playing with the valves. It could have been far worse if she'd closed the fuel return valve.

P.
Old 29-07-2010, 14:17   #25
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinescape View Post
you are a patient man
You been smoking something?

Quote:
What sort of friend would reccommended a physco bitch like that ,bloody hell! friends like him/her you could do with out
That's what I am wondering.
Old 29-07-2010, 14:24   #26

Quote:

Not a friend, an acquaintance who will surely get hell when I get back to the UK.

trinescape: She was on the boat for 36 hours before we departed and I didn't have any alarms sounding in my head. I did give her a good quizzing about her knowledge and she demonstrated that she could navigate and knew her way around a boat.

P.
Old 29-07-2010, 14:29   #27

Boat: 36ft one off trimiran

Quote:

i dont smoke that crap ,funny though you seemed interested in the amount /size ? !!!!!! why what would make you asume that ?
trinescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 14:32   #28

WOW, all I can say is, WOW!! You are a far more patient man then me. At the very next port, I would have just left, screw waiting for them!! They have earned their way out off my yacht/life!! If you did leave her at your first port together, she would have absolutely nothing to complain about as she is a grown adult woman, and she can find her way back to anywhere. I'm actually amazed that you gave her money and tickets?!?! You are a saint as I would never have paid for the privilege of of her sins. Unless you both actually signed a contract/agreement, she's and adult and on her own.. I would only be happy to pay for anything if all parties involved were gracious and respectful..

I would definitely pass the word around and have her "blacklisted" to all potential cruisers to be aware of this devil dog. I would also talk to your "friend" about his recommended crew suggestion. If he plays dumb, just punch him square in the face..LOL

Anyway, thank GOD, all worked out for you and everything is well and safe. Unfortunately, this bad experience will put you off on other possible crew. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone else...
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 14:35   #29
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
you are a patient man
For a Fishwife?
Old 29-07-2010, 14:37   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
Much as I'd like to name her, I know from involvement with other forums, that is a path fraught with legal problems for the forum owners, even when there are a number of witnesses who will testify to the truth of a statement. But like I said, one to one messages, no problem.

P.
If she uses drugs on your boat then she probably uses them at home. A quiet word to the local cops in her home town may be in order.

I would not have given her the plane tickets - I would have given her a bill for the repairs.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote