Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2011, 06:02   #1

Boat: Leopard 47 Catamaran
Zodiac Liferaft

In a recent offering in the classifieds a rumor surfaced re: Zodiac getting out of the recreational life raft business and discontinuing repair and inspection support.

I contacted Zodiac and recieved this reply:

Hi Jim,

It is completely false.....we have been revamping our line over the last several months and have had some delays and hurdles, as I am sure you can imagine. Please see attached information on our "NEW" line up of recreational life rafts.

Regards
ALAN BROCIOUS
Americas Service Manager
Zodiac of North America, Inc.
124 Spaniel Lane
Summerville, SC 29483
alan.brocious@zmp-zodiac.com
Tel: 843-376-3470 Ext. 217
Tel: 843-285-7263 Direct
Fax: 843-285-7267
Cell: 843-291-8514

----- Forwarded by Alan Brocious/STEVENSVILLE/ZNA/BML/ZODIAC on 01/28/2011 01:20 PM -----
From: Sales DBC/RICHMOND/DBC/BML/ZODIAC To: Alan Brocious/STEVENSVILLE/ZNA/BML/ZODIAC@ZODIAC Date: 01/28/2011 12:51 PM Subject: Fw: Continued service Sent by: Mark Hansen

Hi Alan

I will let you respond to this one
----- Forwarded by Mark Hansen/RICHMOND/DBC/BML/ZODIAC on 28/01/2011 09:50 AM -----
From: "> To: <> Date: 28/01/2011 07:56 AM Subject: Continued service

Rumor has it that Zodiac is getting out of the recreational life raft market. Is this rumor true? If so how long will inspection support be available?

Thanks

Jim
S/V AYSHA NOUR
jim767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 07:53   #2

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
I'm pretty sure I didn't mishear the Zodiac sales dude state that Zodiac was discounting their rafts (and they were priced to sell) at the Toronto Boat Show two weeks ago because they were stopping the manufacture of liferafts. It stuck in my head because the list is relatively short of decent raft makers.

I have no dog in this fight as I'm not in the market for a lift raft for another 18 months. I just reported what I heard. I have no other evidence to offer, so make of it what you will. In the history of corporate communications, well...it wouldn't be the first time.
S/V Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 09:25   #3

Boat: Leopard 47 Catamaran
"I have no dog in this fight as I'm not in the market for a lift raft for another 18 months. I just reported what I heard. I have no other evidence to offer, so make of it what you will. In the history of corporate communications, well...it wouldn't be the first time."

Certainly no desire to imply an improper motive to your report. I asked the company they replied, let the buyer be informed.

Cheers.
jim767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:53   #4

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Thanks, I merely reported it in the context of another thread. I own a Zodiac C310 RIB and apart from my intention to retube it in Hypalon, I have no argument with the company or their products.

In fact, I had no idea until this boat show that they made lift rafts...which made me think "hmm, maybe that why they are shutting down the line". It's like learning that Furuno makes shackles...what? (Note: Furuno do not make shackles). I had no idea Quickline made anchors, as I've only heard of their swivels.
S/V Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liferaft, zodiac