Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2016, 16:31   #181
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Perhaps you should leave the Med and start cruising off of Puerto Rico. See how you enjoy Zika then.
Well I just completed a delivery from St Martin to Spain.. spent 16 days in St Martin.. out most (every) nights.. Lagoonies, Sandy Ground, Marigot.. slept with hatches open and suffered from St Martins ear.. BBZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Smack..
Mind.. probably don't have enough brain to damage so explains why I'm just fine.
But then I did not do any vaccines when I went through Panama and the S Pacific either..
Stick to the North where its to cold for skeeters GW.. you'll get brain damage stressing so much..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 17:20   #182

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
I goggled this.....
ocean organisms in new medical research

To state no new natural resources exist is not very hopeful or imaginative.
Good point. There are other people in rainforest research. But also there are articulated industrial chainsaws there also. Thread fade but a relavant note.
Gotta cut those rainforests down , they create too much carbon dioxide!(tongue in cheek)
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 23:31   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Good point. There are other people in rainforest research. But also there are articulated industrial chainsaws there also. Thread fade but a relavant note.
Gotta cut those rainforests down , they create too much carbon dioxide!(tongue in cheek)
Not sure about carbon dioxide but C02 is causing a greening effect of our planet.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 23:32   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Well I just completed a delivery from St Martin to Spain.. spent 16 days in St Martin.. out most (every) nights.. Lagoonies, Sandy Ground, Marigot.. slept with hatches open and suffered from St Martins ear.. BBZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Smack..
Mind.. probably don't have enough brain to damage so explains why I'm just fine.
But then I did not do any vaccines when I went through Panama and the S Pacific either..
Stick to the North where its to cold for skeeters GW.. you'll get brain damage stressing so much..
HI boatman. Good point. Planing on Patagonia in the south.
Old 16-09-2016, 23:33   #185

Old 16-09-2016, 23:58   #186

Quote:
Not sure about carbon dioxide but C02 is causing a greening effect of our planet.
Hi Chaya,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. CO2 is carbon dioxide. Greening effect ?
This topic is a dead horse Chaya, really don't you think so ?

On the other post, 5 people with symptoms is hardly an epidemic of shrunken heads.

Governor Scots wife owns the spraying company doing the deet spraying . Personally garlic oil is friendlier. No ? Can't put deet on your toast.

Thanks
Old 17-09-2016, 02:33   #187

Quote:
Hi Chaya,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. CO2 is carbon dioxide. Greening effect ?
This topic is a dead horse Chaya, really don't you think so ?

On the other post, 5 people with symptoms is hardly an epidemic of shrunken heads.

Governor Scots wife owns the spraying company doing the deet spraying . Personally garlic oil is friendlier. No ? Can't put deet on your toast.

Thanks
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on the my C02 statement. Well done.
Truth is C02 is a greening gas. It spurs plant growth.

Shrunken head epidemic. Haven't heard Zika referred to as that before but understanding the birth defects caused by Zika I think shrunken heads is apt.

5 is small admittedly. But the CDC is very concerned. And rightly so, if you understand epidemiology,.

I would head for the hills if they were spraying those neuro toxins anywhere near me. It's really bad stuff.
Old 17-09-2016, 08:09   #188

Boat: a sailing boat

I am still monitoring Zika in the Caribbean.

It seems it is slowing down there. We are getting some hope back to sail to the West Indies this winter again!

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 10:49   #189

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on the my C02 statement. Well done.
Truth is C02 is a greening gas. It spurs plant growth.

Shrunken head epidemic. Haven't heard Zika referred to as that before but understanding the birth defects caused by Zika I think shrunken heads is apt.

5 is small admittedly. But the CDC is very concerned. And rightly so, if you understand epidemiology,.

I would head for the hills if they were spraying those neuro toxins anywhere near me. It's really bad stuff.

Out of an underwater volcano spews many different gases, but co2 is the only one making waves? Can nitrogen be called a greening gas?

There is no reputable research proving shrunken heads by Zika. Cdc is shrouded with lies , deceit, false research. It's run by big pharma shills. Who did the head work for before being appointed to the position? Cdc blows in the wind like a reed. Anything from them must be examined for credibility. The trend they produce is quite obviously to push vaccines for the masses. Vaccines laden with lead, and glyphosate among a myriad of other poisons beyond any and all limits.
Old 19-09-2016, 11:10   #190

Quote:
Out of an underwater volcano spews many different gases, but co2 is the only one making waves? Can nitrogen be called a greening gas?...
The atmosphere is already ~78% nitrogen, so whatever nitrogen is produced by volcanoes is trivial.

The primary emission produced by volcanoes that effects short-term weather is sulfur compounds. They can produce an aerosol haze that blocks sunlight and can cause cooling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strato...ulfur_aerosols

(sorry for the thread drift)
SailOar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 12:03   #191

Boat: Morgan, OutIsland, 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
The atmosphere is already ~78% nitrogen, so whatever nitrogen is produced by volcanoes is trivial.

The primary emission produced by volcanoes that effects short-term weather is sulfur compounds. They can produce an aerosol haze that blocks sunlight and can cause cooling.

Well the title does mention "Brain Damage".

If you think Zika is anything other than a money making scheme then you are obviously already a victim of the disease.

Did anyone mention the 300 million dollar contract Obama just awarded a Japanese company for a Zika Vaccine or the fact that Brazil just announced that there really is NO conclusive evidence tying Zika to the malformed babies.
Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 22:51   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post

Heck drift away folks, lol
If I asked if nitrogen was a greening agent in a separate paragraph would that change your answer? Co2 is used by plants in growing or greening. Nitrogen used by plants in "greening". I didn't say nitrogen from volcanoes nor meant to imply it but I believe you interpreted it as implied.
Is that complicated enough ?
What are your logical expainatios for any glacier field advancing ?
Oh but the temp "spiked" a half a degree ? Yeah I saw the scares graphs.....
Or am I wrong ? Are we cooling or warming this week?
Please do keep me abreast with the latest scientific bull dung.....
When we are under Marshall law will it make a big difference whether I'm running from warming or cooling?
Hahahahahahaha
Old 20-09-2016, 09:41   #193

Quote:
Out of an underwater volcano spews many different gases, but co2 is the only one making waves? Can nitrogen be called a greening gas?

There is no reputable research proving shrunken heads by Zika. Cdc is shrouded with lies , deceit, false research. It's run by big pharma shills. Who did the head work for before being appointed to the position? Cdc blows in the wind like a reed. Anything from them must be examined for credibility. The trend they produce is quite obviously to push vaccines for the masses. Vaccines laden with lead, and glyphosate among a myriad of other poisons beyond any and all limits.
I'm currently in Argentina. For the geographically challenged, Argentina neighbors Brazil. I have seen too many first hand news reports and interviews of mothers with their shrunken head baby's to accept your claim that it is all a false. lies etc.

Wait till the economists start to cost out the cost of Zika over a 10 year period to a national economy. But in this day and age of non functioning and non economically contributing members of society I suppose Zika babies economic cost is hardly worth worrying about.
Old 20-09-2016, 19:52   #194

Quote:
I'm currently in Argentina. For the geographically challenged, Argentina neighbors Brazil. I have seen too many first hand news reports and interviews of mothers with their shrunken head baby's to accept your claim that it is all a false. lies etc.

Wait till the economists start to cost out the cost of Zika over a 10 year period to a national economy. But in this day and age of non functioning and non economically contributing members of society I suppose Zika babies economic cost is hardly worth worrying about.
Chaya please spare me the guilt trip regarding the shrunken baby heads. There is , as ive pointed out before, plenty of ' first hand news reports' 🎶 citing shrunken heads being caused by heavy spraying of chemicals coincidentally in the areas of the happenstance of shrunken heads. Thats where i leave my beliefs. Lay that guilt on the chemical companies . I have read that the shrunken heads are not caused by Zika and no one has proven thatwith a reliable source that hasnot been disproven.
That being said, i will no longer argue this point with you as its a stalemate and neither one of us will capitulate to the others views. Its what i believe not what i claim but the claims that i ve read and poited out. In regard to first hand nees reports, if you mean the evening news on tv , i wont even comment onthatthrash.

I hope the weather is nice where you are ...
Please note im not making any remark of malevolence nor raising my voice nor insinuate you are wrong . Its my belief and you have your
Prosit!

We are in process of putting the horstman to water in the next two days. We will trailer Deo Volente ourselves to the city basin for launch. A chap built the hulls inthe 80s. Weve takenover last year and decked her , shes shafted now and sealed for the dunking. We will out fit at the marina. Iwill tow herinto marina with the avon. PRayers and praises !
Old 21-09-2016, 06:44   #195

Boat: a sailing boat

You may like reading this:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0915164905.htm

No comment,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote