Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2016, 11:32   #151

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/us...toes.html?_r=0

Maybe some of you would like to invite Monsanto over for a party, since you've already had them for dinner no doubt.��������
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 11:37   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/us...toes.html?_r=0

Maybe some of you would like to invite Monsanto over for a party, since you've already had them for dinner no doubt.��������
Ya think cnn will be covering this tidbit? Or nbc or abc or cbs ?

http://trofire.com/2016/08/24/zika-f...ss/:whistling:
Old 25-08-2016, 11:46   #153
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Ya think cnn will be covering this tidbit? Or nbc or abc or cbs ?

http://trofire.com/2016/08/24/zika-f...ss/:whistling:
Bring back DDT.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 12:03   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Bring back DDT.
DDT is widely used throughout the world. Most likely a lot of veggies and fruits folks eat in the US are saturated with the stuff. Since we are in the middle of the Great Extinction Event, might as well speed up our demise.
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 12:45   #155

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
DDT is widely used throughout the world. Most likely a lot of veggies and fruits folks eat in the US are saturated with the stuff. Since we are in the middle of the Great Extinction Event, might as well speed up our demise.
There is a great deal of contrary discussion about DDT. There was one doctor who said that the greatest harm was done when it was banned. he used to tour and eat a tablespoon of it at every symposium he was at! He claims banning it was junk science and he lived well into his eighties and no, he didn't die from it. Others however say it was needed to be banned. There is also some evidence that contradicts the Silent Spring book that started the ban DDT movement. Regardless, it is gone and unlikely to return in the near future.

Regardless, Zika and other illnesses are here and one can only take so many precautions. Each person will have to weigh the risks and rewards of where they want to be. One can't live their life in fear. The best one can do it take precautions and decide for themselves the level of risk they are willing to take.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 13:46   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDaveNY View Post
There is a great deal of contrary discussion about DDT. There was one doctor who said that the greatest harm was done when it was banned. he used to tour and eat a tablespoon of it at every symposium he was at! He claims banning it was junk science and he lived well into his eighties and no, he didn't die from it. Others however say it was needed to be banned. There is also some evidence that contradicts the Silent Spring book that started the ban DDT movement. Regardless, it is gone and unlikely to return in the near future.

Regardless, Zika and other illnesses are here and one can only take so many precautions. Each person will have to weigh the risks and rewards of where they want to be. One can't live their life in fear. The best one can do it take precautions and decide for themselves the level of risk they are willing to take.
Looks like there will be a vaccine coming on line fairly soon for the Zika virus.
Old 25-08-2016, 15:07   #157

http://www.globalresearch.ca/who-own...-virus/5505323

More food for thought, wash it down with DDT if you wish.
Old 25-08-2016, 15:09   #158

And more...

1947 Rockefeller Patent Shows Origins Of Zika Virus: And What About Those Genetically Modified Mosquitoes? – Collective Evolution
Old 25-08-2016, 16:23   #159

Boat: Cheoy Lee Luders 36

Good read, based upon the responses and the amount of news coverage Zika is getting, it seems inevitable that there will be some economic challenges for the cruising/boating/tourism industry. At least until it becomes "yesterdays news" and the story gets replaced by something else.

Read this the other day and thought some might find interesting - https://www.oyster.com/articles/5336...o-one-told-me/

That being said, "killer" bee's are the number #1 animal killer in the US (ps - mosquitos don't kill, the virus does).
RokNRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 23:16   #160

Boat: Sandibar 35

You posted two links with essentially the same content. Both of which claim that Rockefeller Foundation owns the patent of the Zika virus. The "source" is a link to ATTC's website, a supplier of the virus to research institutes, where the history of the virus is briefly outlined and Rockefeller is mentioned as the depositor of the virus. Nowhere is there any mention of a patent (and this would be an impossibility after 70 years anyway). The one essential fact of these posts is that the virus is available to researchers from commercial operators, of which at least ATTC has trademarked their strain. There is no patent on the virus!

How is this significant to the recent outbreak - and how would the patent that does not exist change things? Do you object to researchers having access to their research subjects?

Edit: Can't help but post some of the comments from the collective-evolution article, which perfectly reflect the general quality of that drivel:

"The incurable Virus that we all thought it has no cure has being cured from my body by Dr Olumu a Great and powerful Spell caster/Herbalist."
"I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor called DR DADA who helped me in my life . I was infected with ZIKA VIRUS in 2015"
"The four Gospels contain the most valuable knowledge obtainable concerning the occultism of healing. There is no document preserved to man from the past which has more of the mysteries of occult healing than the Gospels."

I'll stick with mainstream medicine, thank you very much !
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 05:55   #161

Do not go for all these "alternative" meds. You risk your life. We use to treat a lot of young folks for failing hearts and could not understand why a normal, healthy girl would suddenly have a heart of an 80 year old. Fenfen turned out to be the culprit. Supposedly a safe way to lose weight was a deadly way to die of heart failure. So kids, unless its a well tested drug, do not do it.
Old 26-08-2016, 06:43   #162

So hopefully zika will clear the islands for me when my kids are off to college and I get to shove off. I would worry more about sugar, soda, and fast food effects on the human than a mosquito. But then again those items have deep pockets to silence the critics whereas a mosquito doesn't.
surb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 07:38   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
Do not go for all these "alternative" meds. You risk your life. We use to treat a lot of young folks for failing hearts and could not understand why a normal, healthy girl would suddenly have a heart of an 80 year old. Fenfen turned out to be the culprit. Supposedly a safe way to lose weight was a deadly way to die of heart failure. So kids, unless its a well tested drug, do not do it.

Really ?? When did a weight loss product become an alternative Med?
Totally ridiculous .
Go fish .
Old 26-08-2016, 08:10   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
You posted two links with essentially the same content. Both of which claim that Rockefeller Foundation owns the patent of the Zika virus. The "source" is a link to ATTC's website, a supplier of the virus to research institutes, where the history of the virus is briefly outlined and Rockefeller is mentioned as the depositor of the virus. Nowhere is there any mention of a patent (and this would be an impossibility after 70 years anyway). The one essential fact of these posts is that the virus is available to researchers from commercial operators, of which at least ATTC has trademarked their strain. There is no patent on the virus!

How is this significant to the recent outbreak - and how would the patent that does not exist change things? Do you object to researchers having access to their research subjects?

Edit: Can't help but post some of the comments from the collective-evolution article, which perfectly reflect the general quality of that drivel:

"The incurable Virus that we all thought it has no cure has being cured from my body by Dr Olumu a Great and powerful Spell caster/Herbalist."
"I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor called DR DADA who helped me in my life . I was infected with ZIKA VIRUS in 2015"
"The four Gospels contain the most valuable knowledge obtainable concerning the occultism of healing. There is no document preserved to man from the past which has more of the mysteries of occult healing than the Gospels."

I'll stick with mainstream medicine, thank you very much !
You have every right to do that, whatever rocks your boat.
Oh look, alternative news reporting on alternative news !

Confirmed: Zika virus can be purchased over the internet; origins linked to Rockefeller Foundation - NaturalNews.com

No patent, still marketed...

On another fade from topic...
Since occult crept in....
Did you know voodoo doctors get paid by South African medical plans.?
And the old saying, ' the devil can quote the bible'.
Old 26-08-2016, 08:31   #165

Hi

Given Zika is all through the Caribbean have any holiday makers actual experience of this ? It would seem the true number of infections would be covered up by island authorities to keep visitor numbers up.
ajohnston is offline   Reply With Quote