Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2016, 09:55   #166
Registered User
 
Sandibar's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Finland
Boat: Sandibar 35
Posts: 283
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post

On another fade from topic...
Since occult crept in....
Did you know voodoo doctors get paid by South African medical plans.?
And the old saying, ' the devil can quote the bible'.
Did not know that and I think that's rather interesting, thanks!
__________________

__________________
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 10:15   #167
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: Cheoy Lee Luders 36
Posts: 38
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnston View Post
Hi

Given Zika is all through the Caribbean have any holiday makers actual experience of this ? It would seem the true number of infections would be covered up by island authorities to keep visitor numbers up.

I posted this yesterday - https://www.oyster.com/articles/5336...o-one-told-me/

Quote:
From the moment I decided to embark on a three-month journey around the Caribbean and Central America, I knew Zika was a possibility. It was impossible not to ignore the headlines. Caused by a bite from the Aedes mosquito, Zika is affecting dozens of countries and territories in Asia, Africa, and the Americas, including every single one I planned to visit. Over 400 cases have been diagnosed in the U.S. among travelers who had returned from the tropics. To top it off, there’s still no effective vaccine, so I couldn't protect myself that way.

.
.
.
.
.
.
I was in Rio Dulce, Guatemala when my legs gave out.

She caught it and recovered...
__________________

__________________
RokNRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:17   #168
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
Did not know that and I think that's rather interesting, thanks!
No prob. My wife's South African. I've changed my thoughts a bit since I've met her.
Also, let it be know you have enlightened my to further my sources.
I do read mainstream but I also understand it bought and paid for. We have major censorship of news , not just in USA.
My wife and I argued online for a couple years b4 meeting in person.
We still argue, hehe!
Cheers!
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:32   #169
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,105
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
Did not know that and I think that's rather interesting, thanks!
For westerners, look at witchdoctors as producing a placebo effect, much like psychologists and psychiatrists do. So it makes sense to put them on the health reimbursement schedule. Besides, they also know a lot of folk medicines that do have real curative powers. They are also a very effective way to introduce vaccines into tribal societies.
__________________
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 21:28   #170
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: Shopping
Posts: 425
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

WHO reports no Zika cases among athletes, spectators at Olympics:

Zika At The Olympics: How Many Cases Were There? : Goats and Soda : NPR

More than 200 scientists had signed a letter urging the Olympics be moved. How could 200 scientists signing a letter be wrong about anything?
__________________
Cottontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 22:23   #171
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
For westerners, look at witchdoctors as producing a placebo effect, much like psychologists and psychiatrists do. So it makes sense to put them on the health reimbursement schedule. Besides, they also know a lot of folk medicines that do have real curative powers. They are also a very effective way to introduce vaccines into tribal societies.
Oh really ? Are you serious? I'm sure my wife would like to converse with you.
She is from Gauteng. How do you recommend this for westerners exactly?
You may want to re-examine your reasoning.

traditional cultural practices in South Africa are also termed muti killings. More correctly known as medicine murder, these are not human sacrifice in a religious sense, but rather involve the murder of someone in order to excise body parts for incorporation as ingredients into medicine and concoctions used in witchcraft.

In February 2010, Deputy Provincial Commissioner William Mpembe of the South African Police Service (SAPS) in North West Province said that “muti murders, particularly those involving young children, seem to be on the rise in the Tshwane areas including Soshanguve, Garankuwa and Rietgat"[3] That same month, African traditional healers and the Gauteng government convened at a seminar in Pretoria, South Africa to root out the "evil practice of mutilating human bodies for purposes of muti making."[4]
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 00:25   #172
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Posts: 347
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

The fact that the Zika virus can be purchased by "researchers" has got me thinking: Who has been buying this virus in the last few years? Chikungunya, Zika, aedes mosquitoes and probably dengue were all researched as biological weapons. We were on the verge of wiping out the aedes mosquitoes but the Army kept releasing more for their "experiments". I don't know if Zika,(or chikungunya) could have appeared and spread as fast as it did without help. So who has been buying this stuff? Or perhaps it is W.H.O. that is the culprit!
__________________
Thumbs Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:20   #173
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
For westerners, look at witchdoctors as producing a placebo effect, much like psychologists and psychiatrists do. So it makes sense to put them on the health reimbursement schedule. Besides, they also know a lot of folk medicines that do have real curative powers. They are also a very effective way to introduce vaccines into tribal societies.

Introducing vaccines ? You mean of course the western vaccines with hiv, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, other fine tidbits of sterilization for the masses ?
You are a fool or an idiot or a troll .... Or all three it would seem.

Try to explain that placebo effect to parents who find their children in pools of blood, with their fingers and testicles removed. You are insensitive and grossly misinformed .
Next you will be wanting us to smoke crack with you I suppose ?
I find no credibility in you or your words.

Now , come on bring on the accusations of attacking etc.
(Mod edited)
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:34   #174
Senior Cruiser
 
Kenomac's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Adriatic Sea
Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter
Posts: 8,447
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Introducing vaccines ? You mean of course the western vaccines with hiv, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, other fine tidbits of sterilization for the masses ?
You are a fool or an idiot or a troll .... Or all three it would seem.

Try to explain that placebo effect to parents who find their children in pools of blood, with their fingers and testicles removed. You are insensitive and grossly misinformed .
Next you will be wanting us to smoke crack with you I suppose ?
I find no credibility in you or your words.

Now , come on bring on the accusations of attacking etc.
And stick it where the sun don't shine.... There's no moticon for that !
I can't remember a CF thread that's gone so far off track into la la land, in so many ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	130145  
__________________
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:45   #175
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokNRich View Post
I posted this yesterday - https://www.oyster.com/articles/5336...o-one-told-me/




She caught it and recovered...
Wow , in spite of her partying in the tropics, which of course we know is not the healthiest approach.
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:47   #176
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I can't remember a CF thread that's gone so far off track into la la land, in so many ways.
Your pic proves that,
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 14:39   #177
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea
Boat: a sailing boat
Posts: 17,266
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Clearly SOME folk medicines have been tested and found effective. These got sythetized or cultured and are today mainstream medicine. But that process, in its mass, ended somewhere at the start of the 19th century!

There are no new plants around (quite contrary, biodiversity is decreasing at a frightening rate) and we do not see any 'folks' roaming forests in attempt to find any new medicines. Neither do we have slaves anymore to test our what-ifs for every single medicine there could be. (Does an iPhone cure obesity? Well, actually it could.) So where from any new alternative medicines could come from? Perhaps from alternative medicine FORUMS? I bet so.

Stuff known to shamans that worked you buy today at the drugstore. Stuff that did not work is called 'alternative medicine'.

Not to say nothing new will ever again appear unexpectedly and from a non commercial r&d. But I would bet on hundreds of researchers spending years at uni, then lives in laboratories, while burning billions of dollars, to deliver the medicines way sooner (if ever) than any shaman will.

Placebos for Zika. Good joke.

b.
__________________
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 16:21   #178
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I can't remember a CF thread that's gone so far off track into la la land, in so many ways.
Of course you remember! It was about anchoring too close, then jimmy Buffett, motorcycles, and mc gangs, etc.

A song lyrics:" Do you suffer from long (short)term memory loss ? I can't remember." Check your meds dude, hehe.

Is your lalalala land in your backyard, in that big pile of sand. Do you imply that making anyone aware of things happening in others parts of the world is lalalala land ? That would be sad, Even in a thread drift.
In regards to that interesting pic of you smoking what looks unlike a filter less camel. Google nabilone, there are others as well. Alternative ?

In any case gday.
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 16:38   #179
Registered User
 
thruska's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cruising / rv
Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1970 Paceship Cruisette20, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Posts: 357
Images: 8
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Clearly SOME folk medicines have been tested and found effective. These got sythetized or cultured and are today mainstream medicine. But that process, in its mass, ended somewhere at the start of the 19th century!

There are no new plants around (quite contrary, biodiversity is decreasing at a frightening rate) and we do not see any 'folks' roaming forests in attempt to find any new medicines. Neither do we have slaves anymore to test our what-ifs for every single medicine there could be. (Does an iPhone cure obesity? Well, actually it could.) So where from any new alternative medicines could come from? Perhaps from alternative medicine FORUMS? I bet so.

Stuff known to shamans that worked you buy today at the drugstore. Stuff that did not work is called 'alternative medicine'.

Not to say nothing new will ever again appear unexpectedly and from a non commercial r&d. But I would bet on hundreds of researchers spending years at uni, then lives in laboratories, while burning billions of dollars, to deliver the medicines way sooner (if ever) than any shaman will.

Placebos for Zika. Good joke.

b.

I agree and I disagree. In the slavery thing, of course there are slaves, sex slaves, child slaves, hostages, unawares in the military testing crap for govts, stop paying your taxes and find out what stage of feudal your in...

I believe alternative meds could be non synthetic. Alternative medicine has plenty of quacks, as in mainstream .

As usual you make valid points.
__________________
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 17:11   #180
Registered User
 
Gadagirl's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 630
Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

I goggled this.....
ocean organisms in new medical research

To state no new natural resources exist is not very hopeful or imaginative.
__________________

__________________
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning to Families and Couples in Tropical Americas: Zika Spreading Fast. Muckle Flugga Health, Safety & Related Gear 227 05-04-2017 05:48
Zika Virus freelandken Health, Safety & Related Gear 6 18-08-2016 17:12
right brain left brain tyrntlzrdking Off Topic Forum 39 20-09-2008 19:40



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:33.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.