Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2016, 08:55   #166

Boat: Sandibar 35
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post

On another fade from topic...
Since occult crept in....
Did you know voodoo doctors get paid by South African medical plans.?
And the old saying, ' the devil can quote the bible'.
Did not know that and I think that's rather interesting, thanks!
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 09:15   #167

Boat: Cheoy Lee Luders 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnston View Post
Hi

Given Zika is all through the Caribbean have any holiday makers actual experience of this ? It would seem the true number of infections would be covered up by island authorities to keep visitor numbers up.

I posted this yesterday - https://www.oyster.com/articles/5336...o-one-told-me/

Quote:
From the moment I decided to embark on a three-month journey around the Caribbean and Central America, I knew Zika was a possibility. It was impossible not to ignore the headlines. Caused by a bite from the Aedes mosquito, Zika is affecting dozens of countries and territories in Asia, Africa, and the Americas, including every single one I planned to visit. Over 400 cases have been diagnosed in the U.S. among travelers who had returned from the tropics. To top it off, there’s still no effective vaccine, so I couldn't protect myself that way.

I was in Rio Dulce, Guatemala when my legs gave out.

She caught it and recovered...
RokNRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 11:17   #168

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
No prob. My wife's South African. I've changed my thoughts a bit since I've met her.
Also, let it be know you have enlightened my to further my sources.
I do read mainstream but I also understand it bought and paid for. We have major censorship of news , not just in USA.
My wife and I argued online for a couple years b4 meeting in person.
We still argue, hehe!
Cheers!
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 11:32   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandibar View Post
For westerners, look at witchdoctors as producing a placebo effect, much like psychologists and psychiatrists do. So it makes sense to put them on the health reimbursement schedule. Besides, they also know a lot of folk medicines that do have real curative powers. They are also a very effective way to introduce vaccines into tribal societies.
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 20:28   #170

Boat: Shopping

WHO reports no Zika cases among athletes, spectators at Olympics:

Zika At The Olympics: How Many Cases Were There? : Goats and Soda : NPR

More than 200 scientists had signed a letter urging the Olympics be moved. How could 200 scientists signing a letter be wrong about anything?
Cottontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 21:23   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
For westerners, look at witchdoctors as producing a placebo effect, much like psychologists and psychiatrists do. So it makes sense to put them on the health reimbursement schedule. Besides, they also know a lot of folk medicines that do have real curative powers. They are also a very effective way to introduce vaccines into tribal societies.
Oh really ? Are you serious? I'm sure my wife would like to converse with you.
She is from Gauteng. How do you recommend this for westerners exactly?
You may want to re-examine your reasoning.

traditional cultural practices in South Africa are also termed muti killings. More correctly known as medicine murder, these are not human sacrifice in a religious sense, but rather involve the murder of someone in order to excise body parts for incorporation as ingredients into medicine and concoctions used in witchcraft.

In February 2010, Deputy Provincial Commissioner William Mpembe of the South African Police Service (SAPS) in North West Province said that “muti murders, particularly those involving young children, seem to be on the rise in the Tshwane areas including Soshanguve, Garankuwa and Rietgat"[3] That same month, African traditional healers and the Gauteng government convened at a seminar in Pretoria, South Africa to root out the "evil practice of mutilating human bodies for purposes of muti making."[4]
Old 26-08-2016, 23:25   #172
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

The fact that the Zika virus can be purchased by "researchers" has got me thinking: Who has been buying this virus in the last few years? Chikungunya, Zika, aedes mosquitoes and probably dengue were all researched as biological weapons. We were on the verge of wiping out the aedes mosquitoes but the Army kept releasing more for their "experiments". I don't know if Zika,(or chikungunya) could have appeared and spread as fast as it did without help. So who has been buying this stuff? Or perhaps it is W.H.O. that is the culprit!
Thumbs Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 07:20   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post

Introducing vaccines ? You mean of course the western vaccines with hiv, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, other fine tidbits of sterilization for the masses ?
You are a fool or an idiot or a troll .... Or all three it would seem.

Try to explain that placebo effect to parents who find their children in pools of blood, with their fingers and testicles removed. You are insensitive and grossly misinformed .
Next you will be wanting us to smoke crack with you I suppose ?
I find no credibility in you or your words.

Now , come on bring on the accusations of attacking etc.
(Mod edited)
Old 27-08-2016, 07:34   #174
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Introducing vaccines ? You mean of course the western vaccines with hiv, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, other fine tidbits of sterilization for the masses ?
You are a fool or an idiot or a troll .... Or all three it would seem.

Try to explain that placebo effect to parents who find their children in pools of blood, with their fingers and testicles removed. You are insensitive and grossly misinformed .
Next you will be wanting us to smoke crack with you I suppose ?
I find no credibility in you or your words.

Now , come on bring on the accusations of attacking etc.
And stick it where the sun don't shine.... There's no moticon for that !
I can't remember a CF thread that's gone so far off track into la la land, in so many ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	130145  
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:45   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokNRich View Post
I posted this yesterday - https://www.oyster.com/articles/5336...o-one-told-me/

She caught it and recovered...
Wow , in spite of her partying in the tropics, which of course we know is not the healthiest approach.
Old 27-08-2016, 08:47   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I can't remember a CF thread that's gone so far off track into la la land, in so many ways.
Your pic proves that,
Old 27-08-2016, 13:39   #177

Boat: a sailing boat

Clearly SOME folk medicines have been tested and found effective. These got sythetized or cultured and are today mainstream medicine. But that process, in its mass, ended somewhere at the start of the 19th century!

There are no new plants around (quite contrary, biodiversity is decreasing at a frightening rate) and we do not see any 'folks' roaming forests in attempt to find any new medicines. Neither do we have slaves anymore to test our what-ifs for every single medicine there could be. (Does an iPhone cure obesity? Well, actually it could.) So where from any new alternative medicines could come from? Perhaps from alternative medicine FORUMS? I bet so.

Stuff known to shamans that worked you buy today at the drugstore. Stuff that did not work is called 'alternative medicine'.

Not to say nothing new will ever again appear unexpectedly and from a non commercial r&d. But I would bet on hundreds of researchers spending years at uni, then lives in laboratories, while burning billions of dollars, to deliver the medicines way sooner (if ever) than any shaman will.

Placebos for Zika. Good joke.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 15:21   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Of course you remember! It was about anchoring too close, then jimmy Buffett, motorcycles, and mc gangs, etc.

A song lyrics:" Do you suffer from long (short)term memory loss ? I can't remember." Check your meds dude, hehe.

Is your lalalala land in your backyard, in that big pile of sand. Do you imply that making anyone aware of things happening in others parts of the world is lalalala land ? That would be sad, Even in a thread drift.
In regards to that interesting pic of you smoking what looks unlike a filter less camel. Google nabilone, there are others as well. Alternative ?

In any case gday.
Old 27-08-2016, 15:38   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Clearly SOME folk medicines have been tested and found effective. These got sythetized or cultured and are today mainstream medicine. But that process, in its mass, ended somewhere at the start of the 19th century!

There are no new plants around (quite contrary, biodiversity is decreasing at a frightening rate) and we do not see any 'folks' roaming forests in attempt to find any new medicines. Neither do we have slaves anymore to test our what-ifs for every single medicine there could be. (Does an iPhone cure obesity? Well, actually it could.) So where from any new alternative medicines could come from? Perhaps from alternative medicine FORUMS? I bet so.

Stuff known to shamans that worked you buy today at the drugstore. Stuff that did not work is called 'alternative medicine'.

Not to say nothing new will ever again appear unexpectedly and from a non commercial r&d. But I would bet on hundreds of researchers spending years at uni, then lives in laboratories, while burning billions of dollars, to deliver the medicines way sooner (if ever) than any shaman will.

Placebos for Zika. Good joke.

b.

I agree and I disagree. In the slavery thing, of course there are slaves, sex slaves, child slaves, hostages, unawares in the military testing crap for govts, stop paying your taxes and find out what stage of feudal your in...

I believe alternative meds could be non synthetic. Alternative medicine has plenty of quacks, as in mainstream .

As usual you make valid points.
Old 27-08-2016, 16:11   #180

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

I goggled this.....
ocean organisms in new medical research

To state no new natural resources exist is not very hopeful or imaginative.
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote