Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 18:36   #1
Marine Service Provider

Where to Anchor for Strictly Sail Miami ?

If you're showing up just a few days before the show? This showing up right before showtime seems to becoming a trend for me.

I had originally planned to anchor just South of Belle Island, not even just for the show, but to hang out for a while. But I'm guessing that's area is going to be pretty crowded during show week, especially by the time I get down.

What about Marine Park Stadium? My second choice. I figure it's a little further from the action, so may be less crowded.
off-the-grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 18:59   #2
cruiser

is this a boat show of some type? any links? date?

will i be there in time or miss it??? I am leaving So Cal on Feb 22, and will take at least a week to get there..

thanks

bill
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 19:01   #3
Marine Service Provider

You'll miss it. It's from the 17 - 21.
Old 11-02-2011, 21:00   #4
cruiser

dang it....

thats ok.. I will be around for the next one...
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 06:47   #5
jzk

We are planning on anchoring off of Watson Island or thereabouts. Can the show be attended via dinghy?
jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:05   #6
Marine Service Provider

Not sure about dinghy access at Bayside. I anchored at Belle Island afterall. Not to crowded. From here you can dinghy up the canal to Pulix, which is just a few blocks from the convention center. Shuttles run between the marina and convention center until 9:00.
Old 18-02-2011, 18:21   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Tie off at Publix for sure the most easy way and catch the free shuttle to see Ol Tellie. No dingy docking at the show that I know of. I will ask Saturday and find out but can't report until after the show. It's a looooooong long walk from the old Marine stadium to the show and too dangerous to walk back at night in that neighborhood. Hail a taxi both ways.
Offer still stands for any CF member for a couple of free tickets. Caveat, gotta stop by and talk watermakers for a few minutes then you're free to do whateva you want. Man don't that sound like a time share hustle? Haha, we have a lot of fun at our booth no pressure really. Raffling off a 5K Spectra watermaker with Bob Bitchin Saturday night
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 04:48   #8
Marine Service Provider

Oops! Wish I saw this sooner. I already got tickets, but at least I got discount ones.

What's the name of your company, Tellie?

I was actually there yesterday. Coming back today, probably later, mainly for the party. Got to get the boat cleaned up, and finish some work, so it's ready for a first mate interview!!!
Old 20-02-2011, 03:38   #9
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunzster View Post
Oops! Wish I saw this sooner. I already got tickets, but at least I got discount ones.

What's the name of your company, Tellie?

I was actually there yesterday. Coming back today, probably later, mainly for the party. Got to get the boat cleaned up, and finish some work, so it's ready for a first mate interview!!!

Man I've been offering free tickets to the Miami Strictly Sail show for months here on CF. So far, other than CF member Beausoleil no one has taken any. My company is Halden Marine Service and I run the Spectra Watermaker booth at the show. I heard someone yell "Tellie" yesterday at the show but they did not come up and say "Hi" was that you? We gave away a new Spectra Watermaker last night at the party, I would have loved for a member here to have won it. But the offer for tickets stands because there are still two more days left for the show, today and Monday. Just give me a shout. (954) 515-7077
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 05:54   #10
Marine Service Provider

Wow, how did I miss that? Maybe because the search feature on the board isn't great...or maybe because I wasn't sure I'd even make it down for the show. Wasn't me, but I did apparently walk right past you last night. I'll be back today. Keep an eye out for the short guy, with an even shorter blond.
Old 21-02-2011, 16:54   #11

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Re: Where to Anchor for Strictly Sail Miami ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
Man I've been offering free tickets to the Miami Strictly Sail show for months here on CF. So far, other than CF member Beausoleil no one has taken any. My company is Halden Marine Service and I run the Spectra Watermaker booth at the show. I heard someone yell "Tellie" yesterday at the show but they did not come up and say "Hi" was that you? We gave away a new Spectra Watermaker last night at the party, I would have loved for a member here to have won it. But the offer for tickets stands because there are still two more days left for the show, today and Monday. Just give me a shout. (954) 515-7077
How did I miss that?

Anyway it was good to see you again.

Shoulda stayed longer I guess.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 16:55   #12

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunzster View Post
Wow, how did I miss that? Maybe because the search feature on the board isn't great...or maybe because I wasn't sure I'd even make it down for the show. Wasn't me, but I did apparently walk right past you last night. I'll be back today. Keep an eye out for the short guy, with an even shorter blond.
I ran into Stuart and he said you were at the Convention Center.
The next day we went to the center. I guess you were at Bayside.

Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 16:58   #13
Marine Service Provider

I was do short days at every location, trying to get the boat cleaned up for a visit that never happened Sat I showed up just for the party. Too bad. Wish I knew you were going to be there.
Old 21-02-2011, 17:28   #14

Boat: Finnsailer 38

Which canal is it that you can go up to get to the Publix? Is it labeled Collins Canal on the chart? Is there a dinghy dock there? Thanks!
Old 21-02-2011, 17:42   #15
Marine Service Provider

That's the one! Be sure to wave when you go by. No docks, but lots of fences, piling, and other things you can tie off to. By Publix, there's a big stretch of chain across the ground that everyone ties and chains too.

Tags
anchor, miami, sail