Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2010, 16:33   #76
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ude123 View Post
Zeehag, I am interested to see your sources as 'they' are not a source for information. Who specifically has estimated this spill anywhere near 250k barrels/day? I'm guessing from your post that we should never believe anything the government tells us? Was your father covering up things, is this what leads you to believe all do this? Please show me where it is a crime to fly over the spill zone? or walk on the beach? The spill cleanup people signed a contract with BP(employment contract) of non-disclosure. This is much different than 'against the law'/ a crime. And isn't the 'facts' you give without so much as any resources by definition propaganda? How is it that you, Zeehag, can 'choose' what's the truth and what's propaganda? When you only listen to one side of a debate aren't you, by your own definition, a 'sheeple'?
my father didnt have to cover anything up--he wasnt one of the bad guys..lol.....he was an indian, not a chief.
dumping the corexit into the sea without first knowing or advising the residents of the area that they stood a huge chance of being harmed by the chemical is negligent, and a crime to humanity as welol as a crime to the earth. the procedures and steps an dall the practices and results here are same as with the mexican bp spew yrs ago--the only difference is the size--this is huge. all the time the powers that be were issuing statements declaring there were no plumes under water, the tug and tow captains and fishi8n gcaptains were reporting back to their friends and the real world that there were and giving the coordinates of them on their gps. these men are not liars.they are no t hallucinating nor exaggerating. they are not propaganda experts nor are they interested in anything save their own homeland and the livelihoods involved in the disaster--many will be continuing to lose all they have because of thi8s mess for many years.
look back to the end to middle of april when the rig blew--ther3e were officious statements propagandized by bp then--they stated in their to the press stat3ments--BEFORE thad allen gave the gag order--that there were 5000-250000bbl of oil spewing from the well head daily.
i was aware of this as of 4-21 when it blew , as i was cruising the gulf of mexico at the time, funny thing, in that area of the gulf. wow.i am definitely not sooo dumb i have to believe the spew and balderdash spouted by the deified oil companies and our corrupt government,but i remember the lies they tell...

LOL--you state i should consider me a sheeple--do you know the definition of the word as it is accepted?? look it up. i am in no way , shape or form a sheeple.i am an individual with my own thought processes and without a freeking television to tell me how to think and feel and what is approved for this week.

the numbers i quoted for the initial spew were written here and other places and came from the propaganda your friends were spouting initially. y6pu should have listened better. is part of learning.
look up the archives of the deepwater horizon incident response. you WILL find the info. i have received that propaganda since we were trying to find out how much, where, how to get past it to go home, etc , for our cruising we interrupted during this. boat is out of slidell, louisiana. we had to research our trip home, even tho the fact of it not being a possibility to be able to return home. we wer unable to learn anythin gfrom the cya bs i found online--published by bp and usgovt. nothing whatsoever of use exceptt hat statement of quantity of flow. not location of oil on surface, nor closures of waterways--nothing. only that 5000bbl-250,000bbl of rude was flowin into the beautiful gulf we just cruised for a year, and was in danger of killing the barrier islands--which was done---there have been folks who have been to these barrir islands--used to be a cool place to anchor--not now.is oiled from hell. no pix are being allowed to be shown from these islands--cat, horn, dauphin, ship, sand. the media is just as boxed in an dhindered as is normal h8man traffic-with same fines and assessments as joe q public. they are taken on flyovers ocasionally, when thad allen gives approval and to where thad allen allows them to go , is no tentire spew area and is not the worst of the mess. is the light stuff only.pay attention, and you wont HAVE to ask where the source is. and go back to the first weekand a half of the spill and find the info--it IS there--they were proud of that part. then you go to the places wherein the p=vides are of the sea flooor that was damaged from the mexican spill long ago and compounded by this drilling into the same floor. thye well hit the mother lode of methane and crude. very high pressures down there--go re-read your info-you just missed the words by mebbe 2 paragraphs,im the initial propaganda spewed forth from bp. just after the squawk the vp of bp said about safety measures--"safety measures only get in the way of profit and inhibit productivity"
LOL
my info on that number of bbls came from the horses mouth--the propaganda spewers , themselves. was a much earlier version of this one--from their mouth. they are ass coverers only not anything but a dog and pony show .

Key contact numbers
  • Report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information: (866) 448-5816
  • Submit alternative response technology, services or products: (281) 366-5511
  • Submit your vessel for the Vessel of Opportunity Program: (866) 279-7983
  • Submit a claim for damages: (800) 440-0858
  • Report oiled wildlife: (866) 557-1401
Deepwater Horizon Incident
Joint Information Center
Phone: (713) 323-1670
(713) 323-1671
Old 29-07-2010, 16:38   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bristol 35 Bellesa
This thread has gone the same direction as the last ones.

We do NOT do politics. Let me repeat that, we do NOT do politics.

This thread is NOT about boating and cruising. Just because water is somehow involved doesn't mean it is about boating. Just because some people boat through this body of water does not mean it is on topic for the forum.

We also do not allow personal attacks. We do allow debate that is on topic for the forum.

Thread is closed.
Closed Thread