Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 13:12   #76

Re: We're Out of Here!

It's a done deal. We'll arrive SD Tuesday evening about 6:30 and make our way down to Ensenada. We'll be cutting it close to make the last bus to Ensenada. Are there any CF folks in San Diego that might give us a ride to the border?
Caribbean53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 14:43   #77

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean53
It's a done deal. We'll arrive SD Tuesday evening about 6:30 and make our way down to Ensenada. We'll be cutting it close to make the last bus to Ensenada. Are there any CF folks in San Diego that might give us a ride to the border?
So glad you are all coming to sail with her. That's great news and Zee is very happy. All things considered it seems the gods were looking out for her when they sent us in. She can explain that further herself.
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:14   #78
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean53 View Post
My wife Vicky and I are working with Zee to get down to Ensenada from Seattle to make the trip to Mazatlan. It's looking like it's all coming together and we should be down there ready to push off on Wednesday weather permitting.
I am soooo glad to hear this looks to work out. I posted requests on Zee's behalf in response to several "crew available" ads here on CF. And as usual our CF family has come through! Whoo hoo!

Zee, if you're reading this, Monkey has been banned for a while. He says hi and wants you to know he's thinking of you, though he can't say it here.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:17   #79
Eternal Member

Zee, while you're there in Ensenada, be sure to eat lots of fish tacos, sold at the open air stands right there by the waterfront. Two for a dollar, and yu -uh-mee!

Old 08-04-2011, 15:20   #80

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
We are definitely getting fish tacos while here. Wolfecon caught a bus an hour ago. I'm here till at least tomorrow possibly to Sunday.

Having a blast with Zee. Chilling and communing at the dock and watching the city fire up it's welcome for the cruise ship that just docked.
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:26   #81

Zee, looks like you got a chance to further check out your boat. Looks like it came through with flying colors. David, had a run in w/ IRS a few years ago myself. They obviously don't advertise they are going to impound your funds. Happy you have a gig to pick up the slack. I am pretty confident you will be able to join Karen again soon.
Zee, PLEASE keep us posted, I have learned so much from cruising sailors, that I have the confidence to do it myself with one exception MONEY!!! But 6that never stopped me before ,I'll get there.
JohnT (the other one)
Nusailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:27   #82

Boat: J40 #33 since 1987

If you are going to join a boat in Ensenada from San Diego, don't forget to stop at immigration as you cross the border and get a tourist card. Last November in Ensenada we saw someone being fined (~$75) for not getting one at his first port of entry (Tijuana) and just trying to get one in Ensenada instead after the boat had already entered.
sded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:28   #83

What a great bunch of people. I makes a body proud to be a member of a place where people will go to these lengths to help out a fellow sailoress. Well done, group.

Bill Burgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:29   #84
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i love my boys-- they are good guys, great help, and wonderful to be with. i will miss them both greatly until i see each of them again.
i am in communication with salty monkey--i understand his exuberance-- similar to my own when i have a passion and a cause... is ok--please dont let him be banned for a long time--i like his salty and vinegary disposition...and he does have good points to share--i have learned a lot from him as well as from the rest a yaz....cf is a good sharing site. we all help each other. we all learn from each other even when we dont necessarily get along -- like siblings .....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:42   #85
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sded View Post
If you are going to join a boat in Ensenada from San Diego, don't forget to stop at immigration as you cross the border and get a tourist card. Last November in Ensenada we saw someone being fined (~$75) for not getting one at his first port of entry (Tijuana) and just trying to get one in Ensenada instead after the boat had already entered.
Yes. It's possible, and simple, to do it right there at the border, for instance if you have taken the trolley to the border. Before getting on the bus, take care of it when you walk across the border at the San Ysidro crossing.

Old 08-04-2011, 16:31   #86

Quote:
We'll check the requirements when crossing at TJ. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 16:42   #87

very good news.
ude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 16:46   #88

Boat: J40 #33 since 1987

Immigration is on your left just after you go through the border crossing maze at San Ysidro. There is a bank right next to it; so you just fill out the form, pay, return for a stamp, and are on your way.
sded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 16:54   #89

Quote:
Immigration is on your left just after you go through the border crossing maze at San Ysidro. There is a bank right next to it; so you just fill out the form, pay, return for a stamp, and are on your way.
Sounds simple enough. Any idea how much the "Pay" part is
Old 08-04-2011, 17:04   #90
Eternal Member

Last I did it, about $20. USD.