Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 25-12-2015, 15:30   #136

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold
Re: Vessel boarded and robbed between Trinidad and Grenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by morven55 View Post
What is it with you people? A few nutcase and you have to respond with comments like this one?

I'm not "running scared shitless" right now and paranoia does not rule my world.

Why lump all Americans into your narrow minded perspective?

THst is the impression created when Schools areclosed by the hundreds because of a hoax call from a dumb student? planes diverted everywhere for hoax bomb threats? Repeated calls from Trump to ban all Muslims from entering the USA? And the faithfull followers all awhoop and aholler their support at full volume 24/7 and viewed worldwide, must have really made ISIS's Christmas but none so blind as those with heads in the sand and targets in the air. Not that ISIS needs to kill Murcans, they do it well enough themselves at 30,000 a year

Old 25-12-2015, 16:00   #137

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder37 View Post
Americans: You have a constitutional right to be armed, but only in US territory/waters. Keep that in mind.
You have a constitutional right in the US to possess an otherwise lawful firearm in your own home. Beyond that and it depends on what state in the U.S. you find yourself in. Under the laws of some states, having a firearm onboard your vessel may be unlawful.

In international waters it is lawful to possess a firearm on a US flagged vessel, but only to the extent the firearm and your possession of it are otherwise lawful under U.S. (federal) law.

When your boat is in the territorial waters of another nation, then you are subject to their laws. In practice, that might come down to how a local official chooses to enforce. This is where the practicalties and weighing the cost/benefits come into play. Assuming you properly declare and not try and hide it, it can run the gamet from going to jail in countries like Mexico, to having it impounded until you depart the country again, to having it locked away in a sealed area on your boat, to just a warning not to take it ashore (Bahamas). Noonsite is a good place among others to check this out, but be advised that regardless of what is published, ymmv based on the discretion of the customs official, whether that discretion is exercised lawfully or not.

Old 25-12-2015, 16:14   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
THst is the impression created when Schools areclosed by the hundreds because of a hoax call from a dumb student? planes diverted everywhere for hoax bomb threats? Repeated calls from Trump to ban all Muslims from entering the USA? And the faithfull followers all awhoop and aholler their support at full volume 24/7 and viewed worldwide, must have really made ISIS's Christmas but none so blind as those with heads in the sand and targets in the air. Not that ISIS needs to kill Murcans, they do it well enough themselves at 30,000 a year
Well, I can only wonder why you would be cruising in a country that is populated by such paranoid, Trump loving, missile firing, murdering gun toting lunatics? Are you not in fear for your life each and every moment you spend in the US? The most paranoid comments here seem [to me at least] to be yours.

340,000,000+ people in this country and that is what you see? If so, feel free to go somewhere else...and take your intellectual poison with you. I have travelled in many countries and would never dream of making comments like yours in my host country...
Old 25-12-2015, 17:08   #139

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

This is always a tough one. Bad situation. My main concern is keeping my crew safe. What is safer? Giving up your stuff or opening fire on a bunch of crazies with AK47's?
Don't really know.
Being a macho man might end up getting a lot of people killed. Would be interesting to know the stats rather than listening to a lot of bluster.
Hate to see this happening in the Caribbean.
Old 25-12-2015, 17:11   #140

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by morven55 View Post
Well, I can only wonder why you would be cruising in a country that is populated by such paranoid, Trump loving, missile firing, murdering gun toting lunatics? Are you not in fear for your life each and every moment you spend in the US? The most paranoid comments here seem [to me at least] to be yours.

340,000,000+ people in this country and that is what you see? If so, feel free to go somewhere else...and take your intellectual poison with you. I have travelled in many countries and would never dream of making comments like yours in my host country...
I live in the USA with my American wife. I have a delightful step granddaughter in Indiana who is foster mum to 3 delightful kids whose mother was murdered by a gun toting mercan father who was in turn gunned down by the police when they arrived.
I personally survive quite simply by doing what I have always done and do anywhere in the world, including the USA. I stay away from well reported dangerous situations and locations. I don't strut around advertising wealth, not that I have any ( and that means relative wealth). I am prepared to hand over any money or goods if threatened, none of it is worth dying or going to prison for.

This forum is a worldwide resource of immense value to cruisers everywhere. It is such a shame that certain people have to turn everything into an "I'm Rambo and will blast all threats to me or mine out of existence if at all suspicious"

There is a separate gun thread forum why stray into the real world of normal decent cruiser folk when you can get communal wet dreams in a gun nut friendly place? .

Byzie Bye, bang bang, happy holidays regardless.
Old 25-12-2015, 17:19   #141

Boat: Custom, Ketch, 50 - N'Ice

This is one of the best forums I have read. I'll NEVER do Facebook, love the idea of having a 10 gauge shotgun if I ever get "attacked" and having a good drink of rum sounds like a pretty-damn-good-idea.
Apart from the fact that my hull and windows are bullet proof (1/2 in lexan) - I am an award winning marksman with a rifle SO I hope dem pirates are sober 'cause it may be their last chance!
Koodos to those who report and expose these "hotspots" so we can cleanup on the trash out there.
Have a Merry One people and don't fall overboard during this season.
Old 25-12-2015, 17:21   #142

Boat: Cal 29
pirate Re: Vessel boarded and robbed between Trinidad and Grenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by latka View Post
Please enlighten us,what happens in these "strange and dark anchorages"?
I would ask you to read that entire paragraph much more carefully. All will become obvious, Grasshopper.

USA! USA! USA!

Jes sayin'
Old 25-12-2015, 17:28   #143

Boat: 55 fleming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Mike View Post
Yet another reason to sail fully armed. Also I'm thinking some pre made ready to go Molotov Cocktails might be handy as well.
How do you plan to keep the gas fumes out of your boat to keep them from blowing you up? Ever consider using you flair pistol and acquiring a stun gun. bottle of 180 prof grain alcohol if you must for the Molotov.
Old 25-12-2015, 17:51   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
I live in the USA with my American wife. I have a delightful step granddaughter in Indiana who is foster mum to 3 delightful kids whose mother was murdered by a gun toting mercan father who was in turn gunned down by the police when they arrived.
I personally survive quite simply by doing what I have always done and do anywhere in the world, including the USA. I stay away from well reported dangerous situations and locations. I don't strut around advertising wealth, not that I have any ( and that means relative wealth). I am prepared to hand over any money or goods if threatened, none of it is worth dying or going to prison for.

This forum is a worldwide resource of immense value to cruisers everywhere. It is such a shame that certain people have to turn everything into an "I'm Rambo and will blast all threats to me or mine out of existence if at all suspicious"

There is a separate gun thread forum why stray into the real world of normal decent cruiser folk when you can get communal wet dreams in a gun nut friendly place? .

Byzie Bye, bang bang, happy holidays regardless.
I'm not a gun nut, and do not identify with such. You made very nasty comments and now you are labelling me also.

I don't pay much attention to the "rambo" mentality as you call it, but you are simply the flip side of the same coin. You are every bit as crude as the people you seem to hate so much.

And you are NOT what I would call "normal, decent cruiser folk...you are full of hate, and that is far from normal.

I did not say anything that would even remotely be considered as offensive or aggressive. Please get your hate directed at someone else and quit bashing entire groups of people.
Old 25-12-2015, 18:02   #145

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Gentlemen, it is Christmas. Peace to all and hope all enjoy the holidays. This thread alas has turned into yet another gun tread and it it closed.

Tags
bed, Grenada

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: