Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2013, 20:29   #16

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: The Real Deal Regarding Mexican Visas...

I thought this was a thread regarding Mexico's Visas
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 21:18   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I thought this was a thread regarding Mexico's Visas
it is all about we can legally escape to MEX

and be happy and live well on a cheap sailing vessel ...

thank gaud we got an honorable chick like ZEE and bubba and the solitary bird, who lead the way....

ZEE has moxy and speaks well as an indigenous, American.

shes happy there after three years.

Im wondering if anyone else wants to go too?

because its warm and cheap.

16 Positive Things About Mexico (and I’m only getting started!) | The MEXICO Report

Cheers...duex cervacias poor favor
LoveMyWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 21:20   #18

A warm smile and open heart will take you a long way and no other country is more rewarding for this than Mexico. Viva!
Old 23-09-2013, 21:21   #19

Re: the real deal regarding mexican visas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
but then, you have yet to come to mexico. baja is not mexico, nor is la cruz de huanacaxtle.
I'll make a point of going and telling people tomorrow that they're not real Mexicans because Zeehag says so.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 21:22   #20

So here's how it works, so pay close attention (fijense bien) because the physical mechanics of this toast are crucial. OK, maybe crucial is a bit much, but the motions come with the phrase.

At each step, be sure to "clink" or touch glasses.

"Arriba" (Literally translates to "up". Glass held high, you touch the rim of your glass)
"Abajo"
(Literally translates to "down". Glass held low, you touch the bottom of your glass)
"Al centro" (Literally translates to "center". Glass held out in front, touch the middle of your glass)
"Pa' dentro or Adentro" (Literally translates to "inside". Drink from glass immediately, bottoms up!)

Simple, right? Well, I say you head to the closest cantina (bar) and practice this until you get it right.
Old 23-09-2013, 21:26   #21

the best part is its real cheap and easy....
and safe iffy ya a good fella....

otherwise ya a dead man
Old 23-09-2013, 21:34   #22

The people are the most generous of Spirit, kind and helpful.Whenever have had the pleasure to visit...I and we have been treated like gold,as is in CUBA.

short story...

A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.

"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.
"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."
"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.
Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.
Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.
"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them.""Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."
Old 23-09-2013, 21:36   #23

we find ourselves wherever we may go....
Old 23-09-2013, 21:46   #24

be happy, life is a gift and that is why most are happy with the present...and with air ,water and food.

everyday above ground is a good day with no body shooting at us....as we old -live -Veterans believe.

Cheers...sea ya there in MEX!

Old 23-09-2013, 21:51   #25

mon Amigo!
Old 23-09-2013, 22:01   #26

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

!'m with Zee on this Mexican visa situation - and, generally, living the good life there in Mexico.

Here's an experience with Mexican officialdom that we found absolutely delightful:

During our Mexican travels we found ourselves in La Paz, BCS, when it again became time to renew our FM3 visas. We'd gotten hold of, and completed, all the forms and had our support documents. So. Comes our turn at the window and we're struggling a bit with the Spanish. But the young lady was patient, giving us time to find the words. When she spoke to us it was slowly and in short sentences, with easily (by us) understood Spanish. So. All works out and we're gathering our stuff to leave. The next chap in line was (forgive me for saying this, but...) a rather loudly spoken and arrogant American. Demanding this, and that. The young lady listened to him for a few moments and - in perfect English, mind you - responded and set him straight. My wife and I looked at each other and smiled. I wanted to get and present a bouquet of flowers to that young lady!

Attitude, my friends...attitude. That and at least TRYING to conduct official business in the host country's language will bear good fruit.

The longer-term visa requirements are spelled out and posted by Zee. Those requirements seem neither onerous nor impossible to meet - or at least they should not be for most cruisers.

But that's just my opinion based upon our experience with Mexico officials. Original FM3(s) at the consulate in San Diego; renewals in Mazatlan; 2nd renewals in La Paz, BCS.

James
svmariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 22:04   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post
!'m with Zee on this Mexican visa situation - and, generally, living the good life there in Mexico.

Here's an experience with Mexican officialdom that we found absolutely delightful:

During our Mexican travels we found ourselves in La Paz, BCS, when it again became time to renew our FM3 visas. We'd gotten hold of, and completed, all the forms and had our support documents. So. Comes our turn at the window and we're struggling a bit with the Spanish. But the young lady was patient, giving us time to find the words. When she spoke to us it was slowly and in short sentences, with easily (by us) understood Spanish. So. All works out and we're gathering our stuff to leave. The next chap in line was (forgive me for saying this, but...) a rather loudly spoken and arrogant American. Demanding this, and that. The young lady listened to him for a few moments and - in perfect English, mind you - responded and set him straight. My wife and I looked at each other and smiled. I wanted to get and present a bouquet of flowers to that young lady!

Attitude, my friends...attitude. That and at least TRYING to conduct official business in the host country's language will bear good fruit.

The longer-term visa requirements are spelled out and posted by Zee. Those requirements seem neither onerous nor impossible to meet - or at least they should not be for most cruisers.

But that's just my opinion based upon our experience with Mexico officials. Original FM3(s) at the consulate in San Diego; renewals in Mazatlan; 2nd renewals in La Paz, BCS.

James
gratis for your love and attitude....your a happy ,wise,traveller
Old 23-09-2013, 22:07   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post

James
Que Dios te bendiga
Old 23-09-2013, 22:13   #29
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyWoodie View Post
mon Amigo!
Mixing your french and spanish there Woody. But I'm with ya - one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies. Cant wait to get there!

-Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 22:29   #30

yep ,lived in Quebec and Mex and im imbibing in some nice sangria,santé

i love good happy people whom travel with Abrázame y bésame ,Bienvenue!

and am in love with ZEE