Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 11:23   #1

Boat: 1980 Freya 39
Rimas Meleshyus where is he now???

For those of you that were following the wayward sailor Rimas Melshyus here is the latest as of 04-08-19.

I will come out now and tell everyone who I am. I'm Jean Mondeau, an old salt myself with a bazillion sea miles under my keel. I met Rimas after he defected Russia and was wandering the globe and passing threw in Guam in 1991.

I later found him sailing a San Juan 24. He manages to get around sort of. I helped his dreams by enabling him with working boats. That's why Sailing Anarchy and other web pages have called me the Enabler. I do philanthropic work giving boats away, on a small scale. I fixed his San Juan 24 and later gave him a Raulson 30. Sadly Rimas can't handle boats and looses them on the rocks.

Rimas is currently back in Washington. He got stranded in Vietnam when he was starving (no food and drifting because he does not know how to sail). I'm not trying to be cruel and diminutive about him but I assisted getting him back to the USA so those hooligans cant blame me for creating his situation.

He is currently looking for another boat. I am no longer helping him with a boat. If he gets one I may fix it for him so he has a fighting chance to fulfill his dream, but that's about it. And that's my story and Rimas's also.
jmmondeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:18   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Rimas Meleshyus where is he now???

Jean, my take away from the sailing mags and posts has been that you seem like a nice person who's willing to help another sailor. What's wrong with that? I met Rimas in San Francisco. He's a likeable type though a little off in his decision making skills. But we each make our own choices; Rimas makes his; haters are gonna hate. I just wanted you to know that I certainly don't fault you for your support. I think stuff like that just makes for more interesting stories at the end of the day. Some also live their lives more differently than most...who's to judge?
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote