Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2013, 22:22   #1

Boat: Sister-ship to "Restive" -Hiscock 31'
"Restive" featured in Eric Hiscock's Cruising Under Sail

Restive, in Hiscock's book, Cruising Under Sail, was featured as the example of a yacht designed by Nigel Warrington Smyth for his own use, "....large enough to accommodate three people for a summer cruise, but small enough to be handled easily by himself and his wife for week-end and day sailing." She was built by Messrs. Stebbings at Burnham-on-Crouch.
Stebbings-Archive.com
Another was built for his brother and recently I discovered that Black Cygnet is still sailing in the UK. Peter Robyn was built in Sydney Australia and has been in my possession for 16 years, proving herself to be a fine yacht and an excellent sea boat.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Restive? We would like to find where she is!!! The only lead I have had is that she possibly was purchased in the UK by someone from North America and en-route via South Africa.
The following photo is of Black Cygnet. For info on Peter Robyn go to:- http://pratkins.webs.com/sailinginpeterrobyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2311.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	58183  
PeterR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 03:51   #2

Boat: Sister-ship to "Restive" -Hiscock 31'
Re: "Restive" featured in Eric Hiscock's Cruising Under Sail

If the above link does not work, try:- Sailing in " Peter Robyn" - Shenandoah
PeterR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:56   #3

Re: "Restive" featured in Eric Hiscock's Cruising Under Sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR7 View Post
Restive, in Hiscock's book, Cruising Under Sail, was featured as the example of a yacht designed by Nigel Warrington Smyth for his own use, "....large enough to accommodate three people for a summer cruise, but small enough to be handled easily by himself and his wife for week-end and day sailing." She was built by Messrs. Stebbings at Burnham-on-Crouch.
Stebbings-Archive.com
Another was built for his brother and recently I discovered that Black Cygnet is still sailing in the UK. Peter Robyn was built in Sydney Australia and has been in my possession for 16 years, proving herself to be a fine yacht and an excellent sea boat.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Restive? We would like to find where she is!!! The only lead I have had is that she possibly was purchased in the UK by someone from North America and en-route via South Africa.
The following photo is of Black Cygnet. For info on Peter Robyn go to:- http://pratkins.webs.com/sailinginpeterrobyn
Hi I sailed on Restive in 1998 from Hawaii to Vancouver, BC. She is one fine sailing boat. I am not sure where she ended up but I think in BC Canada.
Gulliver2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, sail