Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2015, 10:45   #61

Boat: 55' sloop.
Re: Piracy In Gulf of Aden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulawayo View Post
You are absolutely correct - the fighting has stopped in Aden itself. I am in daily email contact with people living there, actually in Aden - not relying on the media. As you say - enough of hearing / reading rumours. Not withstanding, you can sail right on passed Aden if someone wishes. Read my postings, I have not recommended any such action: but correcting misinformation shall always upset some. As you said, these people should desist.
And your opening gambit was that there were NO Houthis in Aden, and that they were 400kms away? Are your friends alumni of a school for the deafblind, or are you exaggerating, just a little? I mean… you did say this precisely in context of your telling Mark that his information was out of date and yours was up to date in a daily fashion right? Or does tens of thousands of refugees from their actual city, thousands killed or wounded, civilians shelled in their homes and killed by tankfire not register above their fascination with the latest hits? I don't know about the OP, but in view of the UNANIMOUS agreement of ALL sources apart from your "in daily contact" friends, I am not going to go with you on this one! Bye.
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 11:45   #62
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: V45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post
Well, the obvious fact that the facts of the matter totally contradict what you clearly originally stated and have been shifting around trying to say who knows what since then. I mean… you actually suggested that Reuters is just making ***** up about what is happening in Aden… what? So that it keeps yachties away? What is your issue?
Muckle Fugger, I am not a sooth sayer and I cannot see into the future - obviously you believe you can. I am not a back peddler and you should read my postings and try and understand them rather than peddling insults. As for the other comic - lived in the Middle East? Really? Its a big place .........
Reading and understanding postings might be useful to you - I have said previously you can bypass Aden - that is not back peddling especially given the latest developments. Of course, its easy to beat your chest when developments go your way. However, regardless of your visions, it does not change anything - you can still sail the Red Sea. Perhaps in some peoples instances they should stay at home in bed as they might get wet, and that could lead to an illness and perhaps even something worse. Better safe than sorry.
As for Reuters and the BBC - they are renowned for misinformation and having a politically biased slant.
Bulawayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 11:48   #63
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
And THIS… I am too gobsmacked to laugh or else would be ROFFLMHO. I mean, that was my whole original point to you when you made the ridiculous observation that the Houthis were NOT in Aden and were "400kms" away. This is a war zone, get it? The whole problem is that it constantly changes and is highly unpredictable, and there you are advising some complete stranger that it's perfectly fine to just sail on in… really, the recklessness of your advice is breathtaking. If someone wants to do that. Fine. Let them. You blithely and in a blatantly misinformed manner suggesting that they should? Not fine by me. Your caveats are ineffective. And your words on this matter, with particular reference to Aden, were and are flat wrong.
READ THE POSTING, The embassies are in Sana'a which is 400kms away. Selective adaption of a posting......again, to make your version correct.
Old 19-05-2015, 11:57   #64

Quote:
Muckle Fugger, I am not a sooth sayer and I cannot see into the future - obviously you believe you can. I am not a back peddler and you should read my postings and try and understand them rather than peddling insults. As for the other comic - lived in the Middle East? Really? Its a big place .........
Reading and understanding postings might be useful to you - I have said previously you can bypass Aden - that is not back peddling especially given the latest developments. Of course, its easy to beat your chest when developments go your way. However, regardless of your visions, it does not change anything - you can still sail the Red Sea. Perhaps in some peoples instances they should stay at home in bed as they might get wet, and that could lead to an illness and perhaps even something worse. Better safe than sorry.
As for Reuters and the BBC - they are renowned for misinformation and having a politically biased slant.
Get real, you clearly implied that it would be acceptable to go to the PORT OF ADEN else why state that it was "open" with no Houthis etc. You don't need to be a "soothsayer" to know that the Houthis have been besieging and attacking Aden since the MIDDLE OF MARCH, particularly in view of your avowed and vaunted "daily contact" with persons inside the city specifically to do with this matter. As to the 400km remark, it was directly in context of your immediately preceding remark about their being NO HOUTHIS IN ADEN, what on earth would you expect people to read into that? With regard to the weak and rather sad gesturing at the idea that "media sources are biased", what are you suggesting, that the BBC AND NBC AND Reuters AND Al Jazeera AND the Bishop just made up all that stuff about tanks, casualties and airstrikes??? I mean WTF is your actual point? If that ain't backpedalling that you've been doing you appear not to know what is. And as for staying home, mate, I'm a commercial skipper, I live at sea, either sailing other people's boats or my own, globally… so your point is what exactly? That I should endorse ill informed blusterers in their suggesting based on "special inside information" that the entire news service of the world is wrong and usage of Aden as a stop off on the way is just fine? That they don't need to be concerned about the fact that it is an active war zone? What, precisely are you trying to say that is coherent through this whole thread? As for the rest, the record above speaks for itself, and I am totally done with you. I will not reply to another post of yours here.
Old 19-05-2015, 12:53   #65
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Get real, you clearly implied that it would be acceptable to go to the PORT OF ADEN else why state that it was "open" with no Houthis etc. You don't need to be a "soothsayer" to know that the Houthis have been besieging and attacking Aden since the MIDDLE OF MARCH, particularly in view of your avowed and vaunted "daily contact" with persons inside the city specifically to do with this matter. As to the 400km remark, it was directly in context of your immediately preceding remark about their being NO HOUTHIS IN ADEN, what on earth would you expect people to read into that? With regard to the weak and rather sad gesturing at the idea that "media sources are biased", what are you suggesting, that the BBC AND NBC AND Reuters AND Al Jazeera AND the Bishop just made up all that stuff about tanks, casualties and airstrikes??? I mean WTF is your actual point? If that ain't backpedalling that you've been doing you appear not to know what is. And as for staying home, mate, I'm a commercial skipper, I live at sea, either sailing other people's boats or my own, globally… so your point is what exactly? That I should endorse ill informed blusterers in their suggesting based on "special inside information" that the entire news service of the world is wrong and usage of Aden as a stop off on the way is just fine? That they don't need to be concerned about the fact that it is an active war zone? What, precisely are you trying to say that is coherent through this whole thread? As for the rest, the record above speaks for itself, and I am totally done with you. I will not reply to another post of yours here.
Yes Muckle Fugger, the Port of Aden WAS open when I made the posting - the truce has only just ceased. Tough luck if that doesn't fit your position. I have also said it wasnt necessary to stop at Aden. I repeat, at the time of the posting Aden was open and there was a truce. It was mentioned that Reuters stated the city was being invaded by the Houthies - yet the posting conveniently forgot to mention that same media source also confirmed that they had already since been pushed back. You also conveniently concentrate on one issue whilst the bigger picture was transiting through to the Red Sea. This routing is still being done. Situations change, exactly as they did recently in Baltimore, though thankfully, to a much lesser extent. People over react and then seek evidence to support their position. The GoA and the Red Sea can be transited, despite your protestations and incorrectly attributing of claims. Good night to you.
Old 19-05-2015, 12:53   #66

Quote:
READ THE POSTING, The embassies are in Sana'a which is 400kms away. Selective adaption of a posting......again, to make your version correct.

But I will comment further on this one, as a final demonstration of your frankly now bizarre backpedalling. With regard to your attempt NOW to assert that you didn't mean the Houthis were 400km away, just the embassies, then why did you state the following in a reply to me on that precise subject? :

Quote:
400km's might be only a few hours drive under 'western' conditions. However, under the prevailing conditions you are talking more in terms of at least a week for a powerful armed unit to force a route through. You need to understand the region before commenting and judging it by the standards that you are used to.
What could you have possibly meant? That they were already at the gates of Aden but… well, gosh, would just randomly decide to back off 400km and this is why it would take so long? PLEASE stop doing this. And "standards [I] am used to"? What on earth gave you the hubris to consider you know what in my life I have or have not been "used to". Poor and mistaken hostage to fortune. It is just humiliating, and not to myself. End of.
Old 19-05-2015, 13:04   #67

Quote:
Yes Muckle Fugger, the Port of Aden WAS open when I made the posting - the truce has only just ceased. Tough luck if that doesn't fit your opinion. I have also said it wasnt necessary to stop at Aden. I repeat, at the time of the posting is was open and there was a truce. It was mentioned that Reuters stated the city was being invaded by the Houthies - yet the posting conveniently forgot to mention that same media source also confirmed that they had already since been pushed back. You also conveniently concentrate on one issue whilst the bigger picture was transiting through to the Red Sea. This routing is still being done. Situations change, exactly as they did recently in Baltimore, though thankfully, to a much lesser extent. People over react and then seek evidence to support their position. The GoA and the Red Sea can be transited, despite your protestations.
Ok, you just force me to answer this. For the LAST time. So the port was open, but now you say during a truce… funny you didn't mention that earlier. Also funny that it doesn't seem to mesh with your unequivocal statements that the HOUTHIS WERE NOT IN THE CITY and clear implication that they were not WITHIN 400KMS of Aden! So… even if we go with your most recent "update" on what you say you said, your point was? What? The port was open during a brief and unstable truce in an active siege? Odd detail to miss out dontcha think? And?… that makes it ok to visit for a leisure trip in a yacht? What, for 5 minutes? Man you must have a hotline to the Saudi Minister of War. The Houthies are still in Aden. Even if they were "pushed back", what do you think that means? To the Moon? I mean get real, they were occupying the presidential palace, battling for control of the airport and other key locations TWENTY HOURS AGO… and here's me thinking that you are all about how long it takes for an armed force to go from A to B. Funny how fast you think they can move out of a city when it suits your nonsense, eh?

And as usual you try to put words in my mouth or assume that I am saying something I am not. I have no doubt such places "can" be transited. That is self evident. Maybe 100, maybe 1000 yachts will transit unmolested this year.

But maybe one will have its entire crew tortured and killed. The clear advice of the Naval force YOU repeatedly pointed to as the main protection in the area states unequivocally (in the document you completely neglected to comment on which I provided) that it cannot protect yachts and a VERY HIGH RISK continues to exist in the area:

http://eunavfor.eu/wp-content/upload...ingWarning.pdf

But I suppose you've got the informational drop on them too, huh?

People are poor at measuring or considering the depth of the downsides of this kind of situation, and your candy coating everything is really, really unhelpful, particularly when it is so OBVIOUSLY misinformed! Final. Comment. Goodbye.
Old 19-05-2015, 13:37   #68
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Ok, you just force me to answer this. For the LAST time. So the port was open, but now you say during a truce… funny you didn't mention that earlier. Also funny that it doesn't seem to mesh with your unequivocal statements that the HOUTHIS WERE NOT IN THE CITY and clear implication that they were not WITHIN 400KMS of Aden! So… even if we go with your most recent "update" on what you say you said, your point was? What? The port was open during a brief and unstable truce in an active siege? Odd detail to miss out dontcha think? And?… that makes it ok to visit for a leisure trip in a yacht? What, for 5 minutes? Man you must have a hotline to the Saudi Minister of War. The Houthies are still in Aden. Even if they were "pushed back", what do you think that means? To the Moon? I mean get real, they were occupying the presidential palace, battling for control of the airport and other key locations TWENTY HOURS AGO… and here's me thinking that you are all about how long it takes for an armed force to go from A to B. Funny how fast you think they can move out of a city when it suits your nonsense, eh?

And as usual you try to put words in my mouth or assume that I am saying something I am not. I have no doubt such places "can" be transited. That is self evident. Maybe 100, maybe 1000 yachts will transit unmolested this year.

But maybe one will have its entire crew tortured and killed. The clear advice of the Naval force YOU repeatedly pointed to as the main protection in the area states unequivocally (in the document you completely neglected to comment on which I provided) that it cannot protect yachts and a VERY HIGH RISK continues to exist in the area:

But I suppose you've got the informational drop on them too, huh?

People are poor at measuring or considering the depth of the downsides of this kind of situation, and your candy coating everything is really, really unhelpful, particularly when it is so OBVIOUSLY misinformed! Final. Comment. Goodbye.
So you are back, despite your statement? Oh yes, please check the link to the stated document - it was posted in late 2013 and has not been updated. Old information. Sailing has inherent risks regardless of where you are in world. Its not just terrorism or rogue states or whatever you wish to call them. Many people still visit Korea despite the risks. Many go to Cuba despite various embargo's (passport dependent) which are also presently being reviewed. Yes, there was a truce in place in Aden and that has since ceased. Your looking up more recently available information and applying it subsequently shall not change that nor shall the scare mongering about a crew being potentially tortured and murdered. That scenario can happen anywhere at anytime, globally. Look at what happened in Norway only a few years ago - a country that had no recent history of such situations. Meanwhile, piracy reports from the GoA are significantly reduced (the actual subject matter) and whether that can be attributed to the presence of naval vessels & which activity has been extended by the EU task force until late 2016, or to the matter of commercial vessels taking additional precautions is some what irrelevant - the small sail boats benefit. Anyhow, you have your opinions and I have mine so we will agree to differ. History shall prove whether small boats shall continue to transit the GoA. Have a pleasant evening.
Old 19-05-2015, 17:02   #69

Wowee guys, take a chill pill. As far as Iīm concerned, there are two types of people: Those who listen to the news, and those who live life. The greatest risk and most common outcome is a life half-lived. We have one life.

For example, responding to MarkJ (why always the naysayer?)
I hitchhiked through Iran at the height of the media frenzy in 2012. That country remains the friendliest, most welcoming population I have yet encountered. They truly put all western countries to shame, and most other countries. Donīt limit your life by the propaganda machine - take calculated risks where the rewards are comparatively worthwhile. See for yourself. Personally I havenīt calculated the risks of the gulf of Aden, but from the educated posts it looks positive [Mark - the Iranian ships in Yemen are delivering aid]

The situation is Yemen is bad, but that is a mainland civil-war power struggle. I donīt see it relating to maritime issues nor Somali outlaws. Read the right information, and ignore the western hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
The Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea are an absolute no-no.

Read the papers and you will see Iran has invaded Yemen and AlQuada controls the coast. Aden is a no mans land of waring factions. The US embassy and EVERY European embassy have closed in the last month.
People trafficing from Somalia to Yemen is rife and they are on the lookout for rich boys like you.
Saudi Arabia restarted bombing Yemen yesterday after the 5 day ceasefire.

You need to get the news and follow it carefully before you make plans.

I did it in 2010 and its not worth putting your wife and crew in mortal danger of having their throats slashed on TV in the lounge room of all her friends.... Let alone your own throat.

Mark
WildWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 18:56   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWill View Post
Wowee guys, take a chill pill. As far as Iīm concerned, there are two types of people: Those who listen to the news, and those who live life. The greatest risk and most common outcome is a life half-lived. We have one life.

I hitchhiked through Iran at the height of the media frenzy in 2012. That country remains the friendliest, most welcoming population I have yet encountered.
They truly put all western countries to shame, and most other countries. Donīt limit your life by the propaganda machine - take calculated risks where the rewards are comparatively worthwhile. See for yourself. Personally I havenīt calculated the risks of the gulf of Aden, but from the educated posts it looks positive [Mark - the Iranian ships in Yemen are delivering aid]

The situation is Yemen is bad, but that is a mainland civil-war power struggle. I donīt see it relating to maritime issues nor Somali outlaws. Read the right information, and ignore the western hype.
What is the point of this? You do recognise the difference between a diplomatic spat between two or more entirely peacetime nations and a hot civil war, right? And you know that Iran has been fully internally stable for thee and a half decades? What did you expect? Why should we be surprised or find this comment relevant to the situation in Yemen? Wanna try hitchhiking from Aden to Riyadh just now? Go ahead. 'Course with all the media bias and hype and stuff, perhaps you should try it from Baghdad to Aleppo?
Old 19-05-2015, 19:05   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWill View Post

I hitchhiked through Iran at the height of the media frenzy in 2012. That country remains the friendliest, most welcoming population I have yet encountered. They truly put all western countries to shame, and most other countries. Donīt limit your life by the propaganda machine - take calculated risks where the rewards are comparatively worthwhile. See for yourself. Personally I havenīt calculated the risks of the gulf of Aden, but from the educated posts it looks positive [Mark - the Iranian ships in Yemen are delivering aid]

Of course as we all know civil wars are discrete affairs with tightly and efficiently controlled bordering areas and no smuggling of arms or anything else. And no group seeks to take advantage of the chaos by moving influence, fighters and materiel into and out of the area across borders (that would be unheard of! And especially by sea, such a thing is preposterous!)… and of course Yemen is fully open for business as usual and accessible by superhighway, rail, and monorail links from all the major friendly areas in the middle east… Sigh. 'Course… you know why they call it a "straits"? No? Ever heard of Al Shabaab? But no, that's all Western Hype too. You know, inspired by these comments I think I'll return to the land of my birth, Kenya, and start telling them that the mall shootings and bombings and kidnappings and the recent massacre in the college were all just Western Media Hype as well. Believe me, they'll be glad to hear it! Meanwhile, I may visit Aden and take a stroll along the little ports and landings along the coast and give the locals a nudge about the extraordinary fact that the sea offers a route in and out of the country, that they may wish to take advantage of at some point, for, oh, I don't know, moving stuff, y'know. Dude.
Old 19-05-2015, 22:42   #72

For tha avoidance of doubt, because an attempt has just been made to obfuscate the issue by claiming that this document is out of date, and has not been "updated" since 2013, the EUNAVFOR warning to yachts (posted again below) was web published by he international task force whose responsibility it is to patrol the Gulf of Aden area in August of LAST YEAR, as is clearly visible in the web address itself. This is and REMAINS the CURRENT advice from this force, which is the same force to which various commentators have appealed in order to suggest that these waters are now safe, and in which document they EXPLICITLY CONTRADICT this amateur and anecdotal advice, and EXPLICITY STATE that they are unable to protect yachts transiting the area to whom the advice is crystal clear: AVOID this area.

Now, some amateur figures based upon "I know this guy who says" kind of anecdotal evidence have claimed that the situation has now changed. Well, let me be the first to say that I wholeheartedly agree, the situation has changed.

It has changed in precisely the manner that there is now a hot Islamic sectarian CIVIL WAR flanking the ENTIRE LENGTH of the Gulf of Aden, whose other side is Somalia, well known for its own ongoing civil war with Al Shabaab Islamic militants. In the latter case, a war which has spilled over into neighbouring countries and areas, with devastating and/or fatal consequences to thousands of innocent civilians by incursion, kidnap, mass murder and bombings in those non combatant areas.

This means, without a shade of a doubt, that should you choose this route you will be motoring more than 1000 nautical miles down a corridor across which is moving illicit military personnel and materiel (none too friendly to passing Westerners in their plastic fantastic leisure palaces) and whose entire length on both sides is involved in an Islamic civil war, whose elements undoubtedly involve both Al Qaeda and ISIS/DAESH affiliates, as well as opposing Shi'a insurgents. How's your engine maintenance, by the way?

This is not just about piracy.

By all means sail (motor!) through that area if it is your wish to do so. But be informed, and do not be mislead by sugar coating Dr. Pangloss' who stick their fingers in their ears to any bad news, always see a positive outcome and blithely invite total strangers to traverse what is undoubtably and unarguably a hot war zone.

Caveat sailor. And please, carefully consider the depth, nature, and extremity of the possible downsides of your actions before you talk yourself or a loved one into taking them! Remember, you will have a tendency to imagine yourself as the lucky one. You have zero warrant in reality to consider that this will be the case.

Enough said, one would have thought.
Old 19-05-2015, 23:24   #73

Quote:
For tha avoidance of doubt, because an attempt has just been made to obfuscate the issue by claiming that this document is out of date, and has not been "updated" since 2013, the EUNAVFOR warning to yachts (posted again below) was web published by he international task force whose responsibility it is to patrol the Gulf of Aden area in August of LAST YEAR, as is clearly visible in the web address itself. This is and REMAINS the CURRENT advice from this force, which is the same force to which various commentators have appealed in order to suggest that these waters are now safe, and in which document they EXPLICITLY CONTRADICT this amateur and anecdotal advice, and EXPLICITY STATE that they are unable to protect yachts transiting the area to whom the advice is crystal clear: AVOID this area.

Now, some amateur figures based upon "I know this guy who says" kind of anecdotal evidence have claimed that the situation has now changed. Well, let me be the first to say that I wholeheartedly agree, the situation has changed.

It has changed in precisely the manner that there is now a hot Islamic sectarian CIVIL WAR flanking the ENTIRE LENGTH of the Gulf of Aden, whose other side is Somalia, well known for its own ongoing civil war with Al Shabaab Islamic militants. In the latter case, a war which has spilled over into neighbouring countries and areas, with devastating and/or fatal consequences to thousands of innocent civilians by incursion, kidnap, mass murder and bombings in those non combatant areas.

This means, without a shade of a doubt, that should you choose this route you will be motoring more than 1000 nautical miles down a corridor across which is moving illicit military personnel and materiel (none too friendly to passing Westerners in their plastic fantastic leisure palaces) and whose entire length on both sides is involved in an Islamic civil war, whose elements undoubtedly involve both Al Qaeda and ISIS/DAESH affiliates, as well as opposing Shi'a insurgents. How's your engine maintenance, by the way?

This is not just about piracy.

By all means sail (motor!) through that area if it is your wish to do so. But be informed, and do not be mislead by sugar coating Dr. Pangloss' who stick their fingers in their ears to any bad news, always see a positive outcome and blithely invite total strangers to traverse what is undoubtably and unarguably a hot war zone.

Caveat sailor. And please, carefully consider the depth, nature, and extremity of the possible downsides of your actions before you talk yourself or a loved one into taking them! Remember, you will have a tendency to imagine yourself as the lucky one. You have zero warrant in reality to consider that this will be the case.

Enough said, one would have thought.
So here is a live updated map of just who will be your Northern neighbours (and how do you think they get supplied, manned and equipped?) as you waltz your way in your leisure boat along this 1000 mile long coastline. Go on, give it some scrutiny (hint: pay particular attention to the black dots, for instance, and while you are looking at them ask yourself why they are where they are, and why they appear to be spread along some 200 miles of specifically coastline!):

Template:Yemen Insurgency detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fancy anywhere to stop for "emergency" repairs? Perhaps you could ask those kind chaps at the North of the entrance to the Gulf? I am sure they would be more than happy to oblige… No? Oh well, you could always try the Somalis on the other side… oh wait...
Old 20-05-2015, 00:30   #74

Quote:
So here is a live updated map of just who will be your Northern neighbours (and how do you think they get supplied, manned and equipped?) as you waltz your way in your leisure boat along this 1000 mile long coastline. Go on, give it some scrutiny (hint: pay particular attention to the black dots, for instance, and while you are looking at them ask yourself why they are where they are, and why they appear to be spread along some 200 miles of specifically coastline!):

Template:Yemen Insurgency detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fancy anywhere to stop for "emergency" repairs? Perhaps you could ask those kind chaps at the North of the entrance to the Gulf? I am sure they would be more than happy to oblige… No? Oh well, you could always try the Somalis on the other side… oh wait...
Figured out who those black dots belong to yet? You got it, same wonderful chaps who carried out the Charlie Hebdo massacre. 'Course, I am sure that they will be much more hospitable to you delightful Western tourists closer to the actual large swathes of Yemeni territory and coastline they currently occupy…

Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a thing, if they come alongside and you don't understand what they are saying, you could always draw them a little picture to assist in the process… And dont forget, humour is the best way to break down barriers with other cultures! Try and enjoy a good laugh together. It'll help. I'm sure...

Are you?
Old 20-05-2015, 00:59   #75

Quote:
Figured out who those black dots belong to yet? You got it, same wonderful chaps who carried out the Charlie Hebdo massacre. 'Course, I am sure that they will be much more hospitable to you delightful Western tourists closer to the actual large swathes of Yemeni territory and coastline they currently occupy…

Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a thing, if they come alongside and you don't understand what they are saying, you could always draw them a little picture to assist in the process… And dont forget, humour is the best way to break down barriers with other cultures! Try and enjoy a good laugh together. It'll help. I'm sure...

Are you?
From the asssociated Wikipedia article, footnoted and confirm referenced in the original page available through the above link:

"The U.S government believes AQAP to be the most dangerous al-Qaeda branch due to its emphasis on attacking the far enemy and its reputation for plotting attacks on overseas targets."

Course these guys wouldn't dream of bothering you as you coast it at 7 knots past hundreds of nautical miles of their hard won and recently acquired territory and seaports… nah. Why bother after all? Seems like so much effort… and the likes of Charlie Hebdo etc? Well that was all overstated. Just Western Media hype…

Tags
piracy