Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2015, 08:57   #151
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: More problems in Mexico

Damn lack of editing feature.....
The 30Yr number stuck in my head from one of his other comments citing 30yr old accounts....my bad....

But when dealing with little minded folks, you gotta give them something easy to ding you on so they can duck the topic.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:01   #152
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Na.....I'm retired remember and for a hobby I like to poke fools with a stick just for the fun of it...
Old 27-03-2015, 09:12   #153
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Na...$1 says he will be back....
Old 27-03-2015, 09:21   #154

Boat: President 43 Sportfish

$1 says he hasn't reached puberty.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:33   #155

My cousin's barber flew over Port Clyde, Maine in an airliner, back in the Sixties. He said that from the air, it looked like it smelled of elderberries.
Old 27-03-2015, 10:01   #156

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49

Wait, Port man is on the couch. Stay home where you belong.

Old 27-03-2015, 10:02   #157

It's really too bad every time a thread warning folks about safety issues in Mexico appears, the die hard Mexico fans pounce on anyone who isn't there, isn't an ex-pat who's occupied the same slip for 20 years, and who take the warnings seriously.

What amazes me is the level of tolerance the defenders have for graft, corruption, boat seizures, stupid fees and crime in Mexico. The 'ain't as bad as it is alleged' crowd. It's a lot more dangerous in America crowd. Always the same tired arguments lacking objective criteria.
Old 27-03-2015, 10:11   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
It's really too bad every time a thread warning folks about safety issues in Mexico appears, the die hard Mexico fans pounce on anyone who isn't there, isn't an ex-pat who's occupied the same slip for 20 years, and who take the warnings seriously.

What amazes me is the level of tolerance the defenders have for graft, corruption, boat seizures, stupid fees and crime in Mexico. The 'ain't as bad as it is alleged' crowd. It's a lot more dangerous in America crowd. Always the same tired arguments lacking objective criteria.
I think you're Wrong.
Old 27-03-2015, 10:14   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
I think you're Wrong.
You're right, I am Wrong. But the content in my post is right on.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:01   #160

Wrong, you're right. This same exact discussion goes on in the Nordhavn site.

I believe anyone's trip to Latin America will most likely be a safe one, but I think you need to be situationally aware. The other thing is, never use a tourists opinion of the safety of any given country. The cultures are different, and people bring their own culture to the new country.

Keep in mind that these people hate your ass......and I mean really hate your ass. That Disney chipmunk facade is just an act.

They also think that you're really stupid....and I mean really stupid. They interpret kindness and fairness as weakness.

Nice story here about the DEA in Colombia......what you're being told is just scratching the surface, there's much more going on with this story. Crime in L. America is vastly under reported because witnesses/victims are afraid to speak up.

Enjoy, have a good time here, you'll be safe as I've been .....BUT watch your back!!

DEA Agents Took Part in Colombia Sex Parties, Watchdog Says - Bloomberg Business
Old 27-03-2015, 12:59   #161
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
Ever imagine what it must feel like to be able to drop a million dollars on a boat without too much of a thought? It makes my Long Island Jewish friends very jealous.
I probably have, but it's not something I dwell on... I've yet to sail a million dollar boat that I'd really care to own, and as beautiful as your wet dream Hinckleys may be, such Faberge' Eggs are distinctly unsuited for the sort of cruising I prefer to do. They rarely seem to venture very far, or off the beaten track, at least in my observation, and delivery captains often manage to put more miles beneath their keels than their owners do...

Funny, but all the people I've ever known with that kind of money, had far more important things to do with their time than trolling sailing forums, boasting of their financial status, "breeding" and Ivy League education, blah, blah, blah...

And, they certainly never would have been so uncouth as to make such a reference to "Long Island Jews", whatever that was meant to convey...
Old 27-03-2015, 13:46   #162
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards26 View Post
Wrong, you're right. This same exact discussion goes on in the Nordhavn site.

I believe anyone's trip to Latin America will most likely be a safe one, but I think you need to be situationally aware. The other thing is, never use a tourists opinion of the safety of any given country. The cultures are different, and people bring their own culture to the new country.

Keep in mind that these people hate your ass......and I mean really hate your ass. That Disney chipmunk facade is just an act.

They also think that you're really stupid....and I mean really stupid. They interpret kindness and fairness as weakness.

Nice story here about the DEA in Colombia......what you're being told is just scratching the surface, there's much more going on with this story. Crime in L. America is vastly under reported because witnesses/victims are afraid to speak up.

Enjoy, have a good time here, you'll be safe as I've been .....BUT watch your back!!

DEA Agents Took Part in Colombia Sex Parties, Watchdog Says - Bloomberg Business
Everybody needs to get laid ,but you my friend can go get F#@$^&...99% of what you write is normal opinionated content the 1% of BS is unacceptable and will not have its desired affect ..
Old 27-03-2015, 14:12   #163

The wrongs, Port Clydes and tropicals of this world are bullies, plain and simple. They don't like it when someone disagrees with them, and then they get even MORE belligerent, as if that was even possible.

I said "scaredy-cats" and was taken to task for it. Hmm, how about some of THEIR responses with cussin' and the like.

Heck, we're all sailors, so I guess a few frathouse words aren't gonna ruin my day, but it sure makes them look like exactly what they are: schoolyard bullies.

I wish all of you well, and safe journeys wherever you choose to go or not go.

20 years? 30 years? Still a looong time ago...
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 27-03-2015, 14:16   #164
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
The wrongs, Port Clydes and tropicals of this world are bullies, plain and simple. They don't like it when someone disagrees with them, and then they get even MORE belligerent, as if that was even possible.

I said "scaredy-cats" and was taken to task for it. Hmm, how about some of THEIR responses with cussin' and the like.

Heck, we're all sailors, so I guess a few frathouse words aren't gonna ruin my day, but it sure makes them look like exactly what they are: schoolyard bullies.

You better give me your milk money or else..
Old 27-03-2015, 14:34   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Quote:
Shucks. I'm not even sure what "scaredy cats" are, and who took you "...to task for it"? I added one of these to indicate I was joshing with you. Here, let me try again

Quote:
Heck, we're all sailors,
Not necessarily so. Not real sailors anyway. Lots of armchair sailors and even some trolls...

Quote:
so I guess a few frathouse words aren't gonna ruin my day, but it sure makes them look like exactly what they are: schoolyard bullies.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. We got them too.

Quote:

Gee. No need to be so nice after enduring abuse from bullies. A good smack upside the head would be more fitting.
Closed Thread

Tags
Mexico