Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51   #61
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
It is the disrespect to officials, ridiculing them, their job and their country, demonstrated even in this thread, which gets some in trouble and rightly so imo. The pain is that this also hurts others who do try to be friendly, respectful and comply with laws and regulations because of the rude behavior of their fellow countrymen.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:28   #62

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Mexico confiscated 380 yachts?? Any confirmation?

I'm sure this whole thing will blow over like most things do here. People will come up to speed with their paperwork and all will be well. I seriously doubt any boat will be confiscated.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39   #63
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

all of the folks with diligence and proper paperwork will be fine.
the rest will be fined and then life will continue on until next regime enforces the issues this regime puts into place. as it always goes.

never believe that officials donot read this drivel. i know they do. they do not need names or boat names to perform a purge. just location. guess what they got..location.. and generalities.
treat all officials with respect both in person and online. it does not take a long time to coordinate a purge.
mexico is not as backwards as some persist in thinking.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44   #64

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post

never believe that officials donot read this drivel. i know they do. they do not need names or boat names to perform a purge. just location. guess what they got..location.. and generalities.
treat all officials with respect both in person and online. it does not take a long time to coordinate a purge.
mexico is not as backwards as some persist in thinking.
I'm curious how you would know this?...Alfonso Debartolo
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20   #65
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I gave TWO real life examples of Mexican Officials reading internet blogs and then taking action....you can either believe it or not. Your choice because if a horse doesn't want to drink the water, all your leading won't help.....
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
It is the disrespect to officials, ridiculing them, their job and their country, demonstrated even in this thread, which gets some in trouble and rightly so imo. The pain is that this also hurts others who do try to be friendly, respectful and comply with laws and regulations because of the rude behavior of their fellow countrymen.
I'm not "disrespecting" Mexico by stating that the government is largely corrupt. The Mexican military, last week, went into Lorenzo Cardenas and removed all current officials and replaced them with their own from out of state. El Chapo Guzman (the most powerful cartel leader in the world) was walked right out the front door of a maximum security prison dressed as a guard. Assassins have been let out of jail, allowed to use police vehicles and police weapons, conduct hits, and then come back to their cells.

This is all well documented, researched, and clear as a bell.

It takes about 30 minutes of research to arrive at the very clear conclusion that Mexican politics is riddled with corruption stemming from the hacienda induced viceroys of Spanish colonialism, all the way through police forces that were given no budget but still needed to acquire resources, to Oliver North letting planes land in the US full of magic beans while he loaded them back full of cash and weapons for the Contra rebels.

Plato o plomo is a way of life, and children play sicarios in the plaza.

I speak passing Spanish, my wife is fluent. She spent two years in Mexico studying narco trafficking and I've done my own limited work in that area. We've been involved in Mexico long before we took a boat here. Since then we have a dual citizen child born here, Mexican and American.

I would like anyone to argue a single point I've made here, or try to make the case that Mexico is not bedeviled with corruption.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29   #67
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
We've been involved in Mexico long before we took a boat here.
Which then makes it even more of a shame that "Tripple A" (as our local Mexican friends call it) is all that seems to be shining through here lately.....

(Arrogant American Attitude)
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33   #68

Not sure whats happening these days but 15 years ago it was common for the Army to arrive in LaPaz and take over the local policing duties while the local cops all got fired. All Governments are corrupt, some much more than others.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:53   #69

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

If it was a technologically savvy country that takes care of its people, then why millions of its citizens risk their lives to illegally come and stay in the US? I do not want this thread to turn into a political debate. I was just illustrating a point, thank you!

Mauritz
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02   #70

Boat: Beneteau 373

Check out Transparency International - Country Profiles
2013 rankings just came out.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13   #71
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
If it was a technologically savvy country that takes care of its people, then why millions of its citizens risk their lives to illegally come and stay in the US? I do not want this thread to turn into a political debate. I was just illustrating a point, thank you!

Mauritz
Really....Lets throw a political bomb and then say I don't want the thread to turn political...ha ha ha.

But seriously, the answer is obvious. The Mexicans are fleeing the risk of having their boats conficated. That or they are tired of having to worry about backing up their computer hard drives and would rather have the US Government via the NSA do it for them...take your pick.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22   #72
cruiser

Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Hello THIS IS NO HOAX ITS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW
I have a boat in Ensenada. This week the marina informed me the boat cannot leave the dock and is subject to a hearing this month. I understand there are other boats from this marina in a similar category (some may not have documents). In my case the marina representative is at a loss and has no idea why the boat is at the moment under investigation. The TIP, registration, clearance documents are all in perfect order, and no there has been no firearms or contraband on the boat, its Captain or crew.
This may or may not be anything to worry about but it sure makes me nervous, would be interested if anybody is in this situation and or has additional information.
It would also be interesting to hear what other owners are doing to resolve this issue.
Tarzan
Scary, but does the marina have a gate by the ocean? If i was told that i would nicely agree, and under cover of dark i would get out to about 20 miles offshore, in a big hurry, full sails, and engine to full throttle. i would not look back.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56   #73
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
because i speak spanish and i do not hang with gringos,but with locals. some of my better friends to sail with have been mexican captains inclusive of second in command port capt in one port in which i stayed a short time.
i also am kinda intelligent and pay attention despite my uncanny ability to look as if i were not interested in any way-...rodlmao. i learned well from relatives how to intellectually ¨work¨ high level society and political cocktail parties, as i was always being dragged along to them by relatives. i can hear and understand and assimilate more than one conversation at one time, although i need a night of sleep to differentiate them, i can do it accurately. yes i was asked about what i heard from whom. i was being groomed. lol.
i have perfect pitch and used to sing. perfect pitch can be useful. very very useful. i pickup languages as fast as i used to invent melodies and counter harmony as i walked along a road. i also functioned awesomely well as an emergency room and triage rn in trauma centers and some other have to be quick thinking on feet investigational cardiology nursing stuff.
questions......???

you asked. i told you exactly how i know what i know. lol...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
If it was a technologically savvy country that takes care of its people, then why millions of its citizens risk their lives to illegally come and stay in the US?
Because thousands of US employers are willing to hire illegals.

I would have thought this was obvious.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:20   #75

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor

Glad I decided against Mexico this year. Until things get cleared up probably good idea to stay in the higher latitudes where officials are more level headed.
Closed Thread

Tags
Mexico