Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2012, 16:38   #136

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Mexico...a Changing Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Yep Mexico is really BAD !! you should all stay away from Mexico!! It's Unsafe !! Now we will Let ya all know when and IF it gets safe anytime in the next 5 or 6 years !!! We don't mind Cus we Have guns LOL
Well, I kind of expected a response like that from you. The post states...Mexico...a Changing Place. Nothing was posted about staying away. The Blog from the Skipper who had his boat meet a sad end was about the increased corruption in the country. We see how the Narcos have moved into "some" tourist areas...not all.
When you get a boat, feel free to have your own experience. I'm going down but with my the same heightened awareness I would have about the weather.

...Oh...I almost forgot............
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 17:17   #137

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Im begining to believe that some folks on here don't have a sence of humor!! To Bad ! Glad we will be cruiseing on different coasts !!LOL
Old 18-09-2012, 17:39   #138

If you call the negativity and sarcasm, humor...then you would be correct that both of us being glad on different coasts...LOL...JMHO...PITA
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 18-09-2012, 20:29   #139

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Too bad that guy's boat didn't have a "Catholic Church" sign on it.
It would have been untouched.
I submit as evidence the church on Isla Carmen in the abandoned salt producing town on the South coast. 26 .00N 111.06 W
The whole town has been stripped of anything useful, even the light bulbs and switches from the schools rooms, but the church (in 1997) was still perfect and there was still money in the poor box.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 07:36   #140

That's pretty interesting. I was able to Google Earth that and see the church. Looks like a great bay to anchor. I'll have to check it out.
Old 24-09-2012, 08:02   #141
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

everywhere on earth is constantly changing.. our only constant is change. if we cannot live with change, we are too inflexible to tolerate life at all. whatcha gonna do then???
what to do ... what to do ...... one can either figure this out and eal with it or one can stay home and remain away from it...now for the subdivisions of each of those groups-lol who wants to make a flowchart????
if one is wiling an dable to deal with change, one willmake god and sure the item they are tryin gto keep safe is just exactly that-- the equipment will be investigated by the owner of the item, and will be made safe for that tool or other item. if not, the tool/item will become lost to them. oops.
if not able to investigate the situation, one will needt o find a safe place to keep the itm as a secondary plan.

if one is not flexible enough to adapt to changes, one needs to consider either less pricey item to lose or they need to make sure they dont have a reason to whine when it is gone due to lack of diligence in the investigating of the situation.

one does NOT leave boats in zihuatenejo for summer. is dangerous. storms run over ztown frequently in summer. so far, 4 of the named storms have rendered the area unanchorable. yet foks complain when their boat on a too light mooring is lost. did they try to save it?? no--they left it. NO ONE LEAVES BOAT IN DANGER IN SUMMER in a hurrycame zone.
they lose the boat. is the way things are.
i truly and sincerely doubt the boat was cut from mooring. there was way too much weather activity in the area to rule out storm damage. did they dive the mooring before they left boat there? heellno.
did they trust a mooring--an unknown and too light for boat mooring?? yes, they did.
my friends who reside on zihuat said there is no way the boat was cut off the mooring. the seas and winds were way too strong.

i think the best thing to do is figger the boat was lost to storm --- they are forming and running over ztown frequently this year--we are to letter m already and last yr only went to j--jova..and we still have to mid november for the rest of em. saw marks on a chain when it is easier to just drop lines into water and take off with a boat not damaged?? makes no sense at all. there are many many rocks on this coast an d mny are underwater and mark the chains--i have lost galvo on all mine so far in just under 2 months of anchoring ..... is a sd day for the owners of halcyon, but they SHOULDA done the right thing by their boat and not left her in a 'cane zone unprotected.

yes all is changing.. but the cruisers will find they will be assisted more than hassled here in mexico. if ye disagree--stay home or go elsewhere. the locals are not going to do anything to hamper their tourism income. that is a given. when they do , the port captain punishes them. when the boat owner is wrong, the port cpt will stand with the locals. when the boat owner has a legitimate complaint, that owner is assisted in a friendly and helpful manner. that is a good thing and prolly one reason zihuatenejo is a favorite cruising spot in winter, or high season. is avoided in summer, or low season.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 22:02   #142

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
That's pretty interesting. I was able to Google Earth that and see the church. Looks like a great bay to anchor. I'll have to check it out.
The BEST one on the island is the small V cove on the North end of Isla Carmen near the NE tip.
Now THAT's a great anchorage in settled weather!
It's got to tie for the best one in all of my Mexico cruising.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 06:57   #143
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

senor--sounds like a good place for me to hang a bit---thankyou for info.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote