Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 23:14   #46

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Re: Man Tried to Steal Sailboat, Called Owner in Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Just yesterday I was talking to my neighbor on the dock (65' custom steel sloop). He and his wife were away during the winter and when they came back a woman had moved onto their boat. She had eaten all the food, flooded the bilge because she didn't know how to use the washing machine, and best of all, gone around to other empty boats in the marina and stolen electronics which she was storing on said steel sloop!! (I felt that called for more than one !)

We are out on the commercial dock and are the only 2 live aboards way out here. They don't lock the gates because the fishermen need access. So this woman pretty much had it made.

When he alerted the marina and the police she went quietly. She explained her plan was to get as much booty as she could and then cross the border and disappear into northern British Columbia. Only the longer she lived there, the more comfortable she became and she never did leave.

This is the whackiest story I have ever heard. He just told me yesterday.
Any chance you are in Br*****on Marina on Sinclair Inlet???? Would explain it....
Old 07-11-2017, 07:47   #47

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberg30Shill View Post
So you think death is a reasonable punishment for theft. Maybe check the fluid in your moral compass?
Death was not the "punishment ". It was brought on by their own circumstances!
Consider it was your boat . Feel different ? Nah lets let them have your boat lol.
Karmas a bugger aint it ?
If they'd lived they'd be in jail on your tax dollar watching cable with 3 squares .
Nothing wrong with my moral compass, i dont steal boats. But methinks your compass is a bit akilter.
If your boat was your home , go figure that, i protect whats mine , and others if need be .
If we let them have a boat , it should be yours .
Moral compass my arse!
At least my moral compass has fluid .
A matter of cleansing the gene pool perhaps.....
Have a wonderful day in the neighborhood.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:24   #48

Let's be clear, the original comment wasn't implying the thief would die through bad seamanship. The poster was clearly implying that if he caught someone stealing his boat, HE would kill them. It is ilegal to kill someone you catch trying to steal your property in nearly all juristictions, also an opinion held by the vast majority of humans.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:44   #49

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberg30Shill View Post
Let's be clear, the original comment wasn't implying the thief would die through bad seamanship. The poster was clearly implying that if he caught someone stealing his boat, HE would kill them. It is ilegal to kill someone you catch trying to steal your property in nearly all juristictions, also an opinion held by the vast majority of humans.
Lets be clear!
Stealing is illegal!
There is no longer a vast majority held on anything.
If someone was boarding my boar/home without knocking or greeting or unwelcomed , id protect it at all costs. No moral compass required.
Grow a set.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:04   #50

Boat: Bristol 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Lets be clear!
Stealing is illegal!
There is no longer a vast majority held on anything.
If someone was boarding my boar/home without knocking or greeting or unwelcomed , id protect it at all costs. No moral compass required.
Grow a set.
Ya know, I'm a bleeding heart liberal, but I agree with this. I detest thieves. Think about all the things they ruin for the rest of us. Think of all the locked doors, the hidden cameras and the money spent to protect your stuff from these @ssh0les. I would like to place all thieves on a small island with a broken spreader, in the devil's triangle surrounded by fifty foot tail-slapping tiger sharks that are teaching their offspring how to hunt.

I got to this place the hard way. No, you can't normally shoot 'em. But if I found a thief on my boat you can bet that he would get wet. The water is cold up here. We don't have tiger sharks.
Old 07-11-2017, 21:33   #51

Boat: Cabo Rico 45 build #005
Send a message via Skype™ to stevec195

Please murder this thread
Old 07-11-2017, 21:41   #52
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebristol View Post
Ya know, I'm a bleeding heart liberal, but I agree with this. I detest thieves. Think about all the things they ruin for the rest of us. Think of all the locked doors, the hidden cameras and the money spent to protect your stuff from these @ssh0les. I would like to place all thieves on a small island with a broken spreader, in the devil's triangle surrounded by fifty foot tail-slapping tiger sharks that are teaching their offspring how to hunt.

I got to this place the hard way. No, you can't normally shoot 'em. But if I found a thief on my boat you can bet that he would get wet. The water is cold up here. We don't have tiger sharks.
Best Round up the government then - I can't think of a better place for them
Old 07-11-2017, 22:01   #53

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

This thread went way off track; therefore I closed it.

JPA Cate 1700 Local, 8 Nov 17

Tags
boat, cal, sail, sailboat