Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2016, 10:57   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Alert Bay, Vancouver Island
Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Posts: 937
Images: 4
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Just whatched a 'documentory' on far right christian fundimentalist training camps in the southern USA (old bad but still scary, but I was board). Strikes me that we need to get them together with ISIS in an unpopulated desert nobody else wants and they can finish each other off.
__________________

__________________
roland stockham is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:02   #17
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
This is a heads up of invasion of Libya starting this weekend that will affect shipping in the region.

Intel Report From My Home Server:


While collaborating with Russia in the Syrian arena, and with the Iranians and the Iraqi army and Sunnis in Iraq, Obama took his close aides by surprise by another decision – to lead the Libya campaign again in conjunction with Russia, as well as with concerned Western Europe allies.

The first step in this campaign took place this weekend: A group of US, Russian, French and Italian Special Forces quietly landed at a point south of Tobruk near the Libyan-Egyptian frontier. Standing by after preparing the ground*were some 1,000 British SAS troops.

The landing area is located some 144 kilometers from Darnah, the main bastion of extremist Libyan Islamic groups linked to Al Qaeda or ISIS, of which the ultra-violent Ansar al Sharia is the most powerful.

The joint US-Russian war offensive building up in Libya, the first such collaboration in many decades, may be seen as an extension of their expanding military partnership in Syria, military sources report.

Preparations for the campaign were assigned to two special operational commands set up at the Pentagon and at the US Central Command, CENTCOM, in Tampa, Florida.

According to the scenario large-scale US air, naval and ground units are to spearhead the new coalition’s combined assault on the main Libyan redoubts of ISIS, Al Qaeda, Ansar al-Sharia and other radical Islamist organizations. Cruise missiles strikes will blast them from US, British, French and Italian warships on the Mediterranean.

At the peak of the assault, large-scale US, British and French marines will land on shore for an operation first billed as the largest allied war landing since the 1952 Korean War.

The attachment of Russian forces was negotiated later.

According to this scenario, one group will be dropped ashore from the Gulf of Sidra (see attached map) to seize the town of Sirte, a city of 50,000, where ISIS has located its central military command center in Libya.

This group will then split up into two task forces.

One will head south to take over Tripoli and its oil fields 370 kilometers away and reinstate Libya’s central government, which had been exiled to Tobruk, at its seat in the capital.

On its way to Tripoli, the force will take control of three renegade towns: Misrata, Zliten and Khoms.

The second task force will head north to capture the eastern Libyan capital of Benghazi, seizing Ras Lanuf, 200 kilometers east of Sirte, en route.*

A second marine force will meanwhile land in eastern Libya to capture the radical Islamist stronghold of Darnah, a port city with 150,000 inhabitants.

The Obama administration will therefore be going into Libya for the second time in four years – only this time up front and on the ground - for three objectives:

1. Control of Libya’s oil and gas fields.

2. Stripping ISIS of its jumping-off base for terrorizing Europe, especially Italy, from across the Mediterranean.

3. Saving Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco from the noose ISIS and Al Qaeda are pulling around them from their back yard.
Come on now,this is so much horse ****! This is not correct and it never happened and it never will...I dont know much about the source of this info but it is Russian propaganda at best or just total bullshit...I hope you mean well by writing this stuff but I would check and recheck before stating such horse ****..This would be front page news and a revolution would happen in the western world to overthrow anyone that would formulate such horse ****..What is really going on is that China has been handed the middle east without firing a shot ! Seems like Russia would know better than to be dragged into another situation that will only bankrupt them(propping Asad)...This sounds like something that RT would have come up with back in 2010 or so...This has been written as if it were fact when infact it is not..Either you made a mistake or you are a agent of misinformation (I want to belive its a mistake)..Where did you get this misinformation?
__________________

__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:10   #18
Moderator
 
a64pilot's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albany Ga.
Boat: Island Packet 38
Posts: 17,062
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

OK guys, strong language isn't called for and is often ineffective as people seem to concentrate on the language, instead of the message.
__________________
a64pilot is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:22   #19
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
OK guys, strong language isn't called for and is often ineffective as people seem to concentrate on the language, instead of the message.
The statements made are much ,much,much, stronger than my language ! If they concentrate on my language rather than the message(irresponable message) they deserve far stronger language than I have written !
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:29   #20
Registered User
 
Lizzy Belle's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Ohlson 29
Posts: 1,522
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Holy Equus ferus caballus excrements, Batman, this thread went OT and nasty quick!

GW posted this info as a "FYI", that is all.

How about simply ignoring it, if you don't find the info useful?
You don't have to act on it / respond to it, especially not if you're not anywhere near that region anyway.
__________________
"Il faut ętre toujours ivre." - Charles Baudelaire
Dutch ♀ Liveaboard, sharing an Ohlson 29 with a feline.
Lizzy Belle is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:36   #21
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Holy Equus ferus caballus excrements, Batman, this thread went OT and nasty quick!

GW posted this info as a "FYI", that is all.

How about simply ignoring it, if you don't find the info useful?
You don't have to act on it / respond to it, especially not if you're not anywhere near that region anyway.
For me to simply ignore it is a kin to ignoring that my friends wife is cheating with his worse enemy..I feel compelled to let him know,sorry if it bothers anyone..Im not trying to be nasty just floored that these statements pass as some sort of truth and it seems that ignorance is bliss..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:42   #22
Registered User
 
Lizzy Belle's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Ohlson 29
Posts: 1,522
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
sorry if it bothers anyone..
C'est le ton qui fait la musique ...

Meaning: all I got from your post was "rude person!" - which was probably not what you were trying to say. It's slightly counterproductive to post in that way, and usually all this does is create more angry posts - which results in the moderators having to clean up (and eventually even lock) a thread.

TL;DR: count to 10 before you post and try to keep in mind why you're posting - to p**s people off or because you have something to say? And if the latter, is this the topic to say it in?
(Or even the forum - I assume you're aware of the community rules.)
__________________
"Il faut ętre toujours ivre." - Charles Baudelaire
Dutch ♀ Liveaboard, sharing an Ohlson 29 with a feline.
Lizzy Belle is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:43   #23
Registered User
 
GoingWalkabout's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA & Argentina
Boat: In the market for a Lagoon 56 (seems like the perfect fit)
Posts: 1,477
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Holy Equus ferus caballus excrements, Batman, this thread went OT and nasty quick!

GW posted this info as a "FYI", that is all.

How about simply ignoring it, if you don't find the info useful?
You don't have to act on it / respond to it, especially not if you're not anywhere near that region anyway.
Thanks Lizzy Belle. That is exactly why I posted it. The information came to me as public information that I felt was important to give a heads up to people in the Med region. I just cut and pasted a briefing report. As with theses kind of reports no one knows exactly what is happening until it does happen. Plans are hatched and things put into motion and then a call comes from on top changing the plans. Events can be changed within hours of them being put into effect. What I do know is that anyone floating around this part of the world needs to keep a watch out and their ears and eyes wide open.

Im not interested in the politics of this. Either here or elsewhere. I am truly concerned for the welfare of the sailing community and if I hear of other possibilities that can endanger others on the water I will speak up. By the way I said nothing until it was supposed to have started.

If the operation was cancelled I am absolutely sure it was planned. But as Shakespeare said, "many a slip between the cup and the lip"

regards,
Chaya
__________________
GoingWalkabout is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 11:55   #24
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Holy Equus ferus caballus excrements, Batman, this thread went OT and nasty quick!

GW posted this info as a "FYI", that is all.

How about simply ignoring it, if you don't find the info useful?
You don't have to act on it / respond to it, especially not if you're not anywhere near that region anyway.
What does FYI mean,' I know this info is made up but I will present it as factual anyway' ? I thought it meant "for your information" and if so in this case it should have been written as the following "FY(dis)I"..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:06   #25
Registered User
 
Sailshabby's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Deltaville, VA
Boat: Baba 40
Posts: 144
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

OP is right. I was making a reservation at the Tripoli Marriott and they asked is I wanted a shooting or non-shooting room.
__________________
Sailshabby is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:08   #26
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 77
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Well they need to make sure the American contingent does not bring guns ashore or this thread will self-ignite
__________________
SpiritofGlenans is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:16   #27
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
Thanks Lizzy Belle. That is exactly why I posted it. The information came to me as public information that I felt was important to give a heads up to people in the Med region. I just cut and pasted a briefing report. As with theses kind of reports no one knows exactly what is happening until it does happen. Plans are hatched and things put into motion and then a call comes from on top changing the plans. Events can be changed within hours of them being put into effect. What I do know is that anyone floating around this part of the world needs to keep a watch out and their ears and eyes wide open.

Im not interested in the politics of this. Either here or elsewhere. I am truly concerned for the welfare of the sailing community and if I hear of other possibilities that can endanger others on the water I will speak up. By the way I said nothing until it was supposed to have started.

If the operation was cancelled I am absolutely sure it was planned. But as Shakespeare said, "many a slip between the cup and the lip"

regards,
Chaya
What you have stated isnt going to help anyone as the 'propaganda is 5 yrs. old'..! It didnt get cancelled as I am sure it never was planned ! I understand you want to help but how can you help someone when your "FYI" was never ever information ? You might want to check your "server" I think slick Willy and his wife gave one away after she was caught sending top secret info. on hers and then decided to get rid of it.. I do belive that you are sincere about wanting to help inform the sailing community but the story you quoted was produced by a website that states "where journalism ends" (or something like that) that should be a big red flag such as the one that "The National Enquirer " waves to most people..Humint is not that hard to master but we must be able to comprehend what is being said in order to push it further if help is indeed the objective...I agree with a lot of what you have posted in the past and look forward to reading more of your posts..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:18   #28
Registered User
 
athene's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adriatic and Inland France (summer); New Forest, UK (winter)
Boat: Oyster 435 cutter-rigged ketch and Nowee 38 motor yacht
Posts: 303
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
But as Shakespeare said, "many a slip between the cup and the lip"

regards,
Chaya
No he didn't. But he did write

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

which others on this thread perhaps ought to digest ...

GORDON KNIGHT
__________________
Athene of Lymington and Cheyenne of Lymington
athene is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:25   #29
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by athene View Post
No he didn't. But he did write

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

which others on this thread perhaps ought to digest ...

GORDON KNIGHT
What did he write about being irresponsible and spreading disinformation? ?
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:32   #30
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 107
Re: Libya And Surrounding Med Waters Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
This is a heads up of invasion of Libya starting this weekend that will affect shipping in the region.

Intel Report From My Home Server:


While collaborating with Russia in the Syrian arena, and with the Iranians and the Iraqi army and Sunnis in Iraq, Obama took his close aides by surprise by another decision – to lead the Libya campaign again in conjunction with Russia, as well as with concerned Western Europe allies.

The first step in this campaign took place this weekend: A group of US, Russian, French and Italian Special Forces quietly landed at a point south of Tobruk near the Libyan-Egyptian frontier. Standing by after preparing the ground*were some 1,000 British SAS troops.



The landing area is located some 144 kilometers from Darnah, the main bastion of extremist Libyan Islamic groups linked to Al Qaeda or ISIS, of which the ultra-violent Ansar al Sharia is the most powerful.

The joint US-Russian war offensive building up in Libya, the first such collaboration in many decades, may be seen as an extension of their expanding military partnership in Syria, military sources report.

Preparations for the campaign were assigned to two special operational commands set up at the Pentagon and at the US Central Command, CENTCOM, in Tampa, Florida.

According to the scenario large-scale US air, naval and ground units are to spearhead the new coalition’s combined assault on the main Libyan redoubts of ISIS, Al Qaeda, Ansar al-Sharia and other radical Islamist organizations. Cruise missiles strikes will blast them from US, British, French and Italian warships on the Mediterranean.

At the peak of the assault, large-scale US, British and French marines will land on shore for an operation first billed as the largest allied war landing since the 1952 Korean War.

The attachment of Russian forces was negotiated later.

According to this scenario, one group will be dropped ashore from the Gulf of Sidra (see attached map) to seize the town of Sirte, a city of 50,000, where ISIS has located its central military command center in Libya.

This group will then split up into two task forces.

One will head south to take over Tripoli and its oil fields 370 kilometers away and reinstate Libya’s central government, which had been exiled to Tobruk, at its seat in the capital.

On its way to Tripoli, the force will take control of three renegade towns: Misrata, Zliten and Khoms.

The second task force will head north to capture the eastern Libyan capital of Benghazi, seizing Ras Lanuf, 200 kilometers east of Sirte, en route.*

A second marine force will meanwhile land in eastern Libya to capture the radical Islamist stronghold of Darnah, a port city with 150,000 inhabitants.

The Obama administration will therefore be going into Libya for the second time in four years – only this time up front and on the ground - for three objectives:

1. Control of Libya’s oil and gas fields.

2. Stripping ISIS of its jumping-off base for terrorizing Europe, especially Italy, from across the Mediterranean.

3. Saving Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco from the noose ISIS and Al Qaeda are pulling around them from their back yard.
Hi Going Walkabout,
I don't know where you got your information , (nor do i care ). If it's true then yet more people are going to suffer from the greed of arms dealers around the world.
America seems intent on leading the western world into permanent wars to satisfy the military complex of those nations.
ISIS is a result of western interference in the middle east.
But,hey they're only WOG,S who don't deserve our sympathy.Right ?
Are a few yachtsmen going to be inconvenienced.Tough !
__________________

__________________
bustermaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
water

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Available: South Carolina and surrounding areas. Tsofli Crew Archives 4 03-12-2013 11:36
For Sale: Long island and surrounding areas charts many scoobert Classifieds Archive 2 10-10-2013 14:27
Crew Available: Boston and Surrounding areas rjconway Crew Archives 1 23-04-2013 10:43



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.