Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2017, 05:24   #166
Registered User
 
CareKnot's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Greater Houston Galveston Metroplex
Boat: 1979 Endeavor 32
Posts: 337
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotsailor View Post
You are paying. Access points, boat launches public docks pump out boats and stations are all payed for by the federal and state taxes on boating and fishing equipment etc
YES! And this is what local and State politicians (including judges) would do, given the chance: write and enforce discriminatory and unconstitutional laws and ordinances, then by legal maneuvering, confine all challenges and appeals to the state court level.
  • They do this to deny you your Blood Bought rights as an American citizen.
  • They do this as a paid service for their wealthy contributors.
  • They do this in order to deny us privileges, goods and services for which we have already paid, through onerous and excessive taxation.
I've got a bulletin for you: The states do NOT have the right to set up private fifedoms independent of federal jurisdiction. But they will do just that if you allow it. We, as Citizens, are losing our rights to a process of attrition through the connivance of some and the apathy of others.

The boundaries of ethical rectitude and morale imperatives (not to mention constitutional safeguards and Oaths of office) that lawmakers transgress to follow this strategy is the very definition of evil. I can think of several, 'Thou shalt not...' statements off the top of my head; directives that our duly elected representatives have profitably, glibly and gleefully ignored. To them it is just business as usual; a service provided for those that pay to keep them in office.

However, if moral and ethical issues don't motivate you or if patriotism isn't your thing, try to remember that while they claim to be proponents of 'the greater good', they're stealing from the poor to feed the rich - and that it's you from which they're stealing.

So no, Robin Hood they ain't. More like the sheriffs of rotting ham.
__________________

__________________
Kindest Regards,
Phillip
CareKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 18:05   #167
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42
Posts: 2,026
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareKnot View Post
YES! And this is what local and State politicians (including judges) would do, given the chance: write and enforce discriminatory and unconstitutional laws and ordinances, then by legal maneuvering, confine all challenges and appeals to the state court level.
  • They do this to deny you your Blood Bought rights as an American citizen.
  • They do this as a paid service for their wealthy contributors.
  • They do this in order to deny us privileges, goods and services for which we have already paid, through onerous and excessive taxation.

I've got a bulletin for you: The states do NOT have the right to set up private fifedoms independent of federal jurisdiction. But they will do just that if you allow it. We, as Citizens, are losing our rights to a process of attrition through the connivance of some and the apathy of others.



The boundaries of ethical rectitude and morale imperatives (not to mention constitutional safeguards and Oaths of office) that lawmakers transgress to follow this strategy is the very definition of evil. I can think of several, 'Thou shalt not...' statements off the top of my head; directives that our duly elected representatives have profitably, glibly and gleefully ignored. To them it is just business as usual; a service provided for those that pay to keep them in office.



However, if moral and ethical issues don't motivate you or if patriotism isn't your thing, try to remember that while they claim to be proponents of 'the greater good', they're stealing from the poor to feed the rich - and that it's you from which they're stealing.



So no, Robin Hood they ain't. More like the sheriffs of rotting ham.


Well said, Philip.
__________________

Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 17:02   #168
Registered User
 
Davy J's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tampa Bay
Boat: Gemini 105Mc
Posts: 190
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

This thread is getting old, However, Matt Caldwell, the author of HB 1051, during that FL session, is now running for Commissioner of Agriculture. FL residents please do your best to remind this POS why we boaters will not be voting for him........
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 17:21   #169
Registered User
 
Davy J's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tampa Bay
Boat: Gemini 105Mc
Posts: 190
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Link to email Matt Caldwell:

E-Mail Representative Matt*Caldwell*

Do it...............................................
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 18:36   #170
Registered User
 
S/V Illusion's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FLORIDA
Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 1,841
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
FL residents please do your best to remind this POS why we boaters will not be voting for him........
Some of us will be voting for him. As always, there are two sides to the story.
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:23   #171
Registered User
 
Davy J's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tampa Bay
Boat: Gemini 105Mc
Posts: 190
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
As always, there are two sides to the story
Please, enlighten us why a representative from SW Florida would author a bill restricting anchoring on the EAST Coast of Florida..............
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:21   #172
Registered User
 
Group9's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,823
Images: 10
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
Please, enlighten us why a representative from SW Florida would author a bill restricting anchoring on the EAST Coast of Florida..............
Life experience with politicians (and, living in Florida), has taught me that the reason will undoubtedly involve money.
__________________
Cruising again!
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:08   #173
Moderator
 
a64pilot's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albany Ga.
Boat: Island Packet 38
Posts: 21,979
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Life experience with politicians (and, living in Florida), has taught me that the reason will undoubtedly involve money.


Ya think?
__________________

a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Philippines, yacht

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Florida boaters, $100K reward to find (2) teenage boaters deckofficer Our Community 20 24-04-2016 13:59
Florida boaters: Engage your marine industry vendors to fight the anchoring proposals avb3 Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 29 29-11-2014 06:35
For Sale: Live-aboard Ready, Cruise Ready. Best Deal Around. dockbumdan Classifieds Archive 0 21-04-2012 06:07
Getting ready to get ready barreldriven Meets & Greets 8 25-02-2008 10:09



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:58.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.