Sent today to Governor Scott;
We are relocating to Florida in May this Year because it is the Boating
Capital of the Country and because it offers the best staging location for yachts heading for the 30 sovereign countries within Sailing Range. Good weather
, Atlantic/Gulf proximity, extensive shoreline and low lying geography make Florida an International Sailing/Yachting Hub and comprises a commercially significant part of your State economy. Florida is the ONLY State that possesses all these attributes.
THIS COULD BE A CONSTITUTIONAL ISSUE
This particular law is profoundly self-serving and short sighted, as it will;
1. Ignite further destruction of an economy still reeling from the Wall Street generated real estate bust.
2. Once precedent is established, it will spread like an airborne pathogen.
3. While homeowners are protecting their visual horizon, Florida will have to protect the Marine industry and affiliated services or lose them.
4. Most importantly, it infringes the right of Americans to use American Waterways within US Sovereign waters.
5. While Americans have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their homes, they have no constitutional right to a boatless view.
Should you sign this into law, I predict your State will have to find, convert and condemn enough shorefront property to fund construction of several dozen State owned Marinas
within 2 years. Existing privately owned facilities cannot house a 20,000 dock
expansion or the 50 or more mooring fields that will be required to support the Florida Marine Industry. Frankly, you can't afford to lose either the revenue generated from your singular geographic advantages or the expenditures Florida will incur as a result of allowing this to become law.