Very sorry to hear about this but try to focus on the positive aspects.
- They were able to send a distress
signal that was received immediately
- They were able to locate the boat quickly
- It seems like a well run trip and I suspect they have great survival gear
- You mention cyclones so I presume weather
- A search is on, and the quicker that happens the smaller an area needed to search
- It would be important for you to find out if the raft and other emergency gear
was deployed - i.e. no longer on the found vessel
If so they are doing what they planned and trained for. They are surviving on the open seas in a life raft awaiting rescue
Keep your hopes up and we are all saying a sailor's prayer for your Dad and the rest of the crew.
PS - As a well organized trip I am sure there are people leading and involved. It might be a good idea to plug
into the US missoin and maybe get a 2 way flow of communication going.