Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2011, 07:23   #1
mct

Boat: catamaran, 50'
Eastbound Transat Forum in St Martin

There's an informal get-together of cruisers planning an eastbound transat this coming season from caribbean towards Europe to be held next Thurs 28th April 3pm at Lagoonies Bar in St Martin. Lots of experienced and not-so experienced types up for a chat share ideas etc and in all sorts of boats and free beer! All welcome. Okay, I'm lying about the free beer.
mct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 07:32   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: Eastbound transat forum in St Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mct View Post
Okay, I'm lying about the free beer.
I think what you meant to say was
the free beer was "not intended to be a factual statement".
CharlesFCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 07:42   #3
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

mct - when are you planning on leaving? I'll be down from May 13th to the 16th. I'd be happy to supply you some free beer to pick your brain. I'm leaving in a year from now.
Old 20-04-2011, 08:40   #4
mct

Boat: catamaran, 50'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
mct - when are you planning on leaving? I'll be down from May 13th to the 16th. I'd be happy to supply you some free beer to pick your brain. I'm leaving in a year from now.
Aw, i'm planning to leave earlier in May, aroundf the 5th wx permitting, though many leave after me.

One good idea if in St Martin would be to bring a mobile VHF and tune into the cruiser net at 0730 (yeah, i think it's a bit dang early as well!) and/or meet up with lots of us at Barnacles Bar on Wednesdays from 5pm and /or make contact on Ch14 with a mate here called Mike by calling up boat "Quinn" also on ch14, and he'll be very attracted to your offer of transat brain-picking for beer. He is different sorta boat tho - i go with 4/5 of us on 50ft cat - he singlehander on 28footer but he's into double figures on atlantic crossings between st martin and canaries via azores eastbound, more southerly route westbound. Or chat here. Or email me on noteasytoremember at hotmail dot com which would save the beers until of course we eventually meet and then hopefuly the beer will have accrued interest, possibly, albeit picking my brain wouldn't realistically attract a huge beer fee, really...
mct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 08:57   #5
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

I'm in Oyster Pond. I have a freind who is going with me who has done 15 crossings and two Pacific's also so I'm somewhat covered. I'll also have 4 people. What I'm really lacking is knowledge about what's going to happen once I get to the Mediterranean. The logistics are tremendus as we will be having 8 familys fly from the States to join us the first year and another 8 the second year.

Where are you going?
Is this your first trip?

I'm sure you have loads of stuff to work on right now but if you would like to waste a few hours I've posted my route here: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ece-56302.html
If you have Google Earth loaded on your computer you can just double click the file and it will load it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.