Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2015, 18:54   #121
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: DUI While at Anchor?

Self removed..
Old 31-08-2015, 18:56   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
LOL! .....Slightly different times when the American Revolution was happening....

Perspective and Ben's bifocals was always a challenge

But I could see that as a useful quote for ISIS to now use.
Hey now! How did we get from sipping a Scotch on board to international terrorism? Let's stay on topic!
Old 31-08-2015, 18:59   #123

Don't be so humble! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 31-08-2015, 19:02   #124

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Yeah, winking used to mean something back in the good old days.

Fifth grade crush, cute blond named Jane sat on the other side of the room winking at me just to see me blush.

I wax nastalgic...... must stop now.

four winds out
Old 31-08-2015, 19:05   #125

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
Don't be so humble! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Thank the Good Lawd! Or I'd still be a virgin.
Old 31-08-2015, 19:16   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
Thank the Good Lawd! Or I'd still be a virgin.
haha. Same here!

"Honey, where's my suit and tie? You know I can't go to the Tropicana in blue jeans and a ketchup-stained tank top."
Old 31-08-2015, 19:24   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
This is one is the most abused quotes ever, but this case is especially egregious. If our definition as Americans of "essential liberty" is the right to get wasted any time and place we chose, then we really have lost our way.
Yup!, I know what you mean. Back in the '60s and '70s it took a little planning to find secluded places to park our cars and roll a 'dube. Now you can just walk into "Weeds Are Us" and buy your weekly stash -- or even have it delivered. The exact reverse is now happening with top-side gin and tonics at anchor. What's this world coming to?
Old 31-08-2015, 20:00   #128

Hey guys. Did any of you hear what the mods just said about ten or fifteen posts back?

This could be a serious subject for us to talk about here. I've sailed both U.S. coasts, and a few foreign countries as well. There is no comparison; the U.S. is no longer a free country. The number of regular citizens here voicing their displeasure should be a clue.

Under the present policies, I can't see things getting any better. If you are in law enforcement, deny that you are being trained and directed to escalate all citizen encounters into a drugs or an alcohol bust, because that is the quickest way to advance your career.

Did I just say that I am a drugged-out hippie dope smuggler that gets blotto? I don't think I did. It is possible for responsible boaters to be concerned about over regulation, and unchecked police discretion too!
Old 31-08-2015, 20:09   #129
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Let's keep the discussion to the facts, and not wander all over the map with conspiracy theories.

It's the fastest way to get a thread closed.
Ryon..perhaps I am mistaken, but it appears that it is you who is citing a conspiracy theory.

Sort of like the "stop and frisk" debate.....different opinions are only worthwhile if they keep it on a factual level
Old 31-08-2015, 20:21   #130

Quote:
Ryon..perhaps I am mistaken, but it appears that it is you who is citing a conspiracy theory.

Sort of like the "stop and frisk" debate.....different opinions are only worthwhile if they keep it on a factual level
Read my post again. It stands on its own. If you are LE, then deny that you are being directed to make the big score.
Old 31-08-2015, 20:29   #131

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

Again they cry, "It's to protect and serve!" Which is true, it serves their political masters and protects their political masters ability to carry out Ricco violations and extortion. The amount is important, yet less so than the volume of victimless, code violations. Malfeasance in government, has made it necessary to milk those wishing to live in peace. In the military, as well as law enforcement it's not whether or not we can get you for something, it's who you've made jealous or pissed off enough to pursue their twisted interpretation of that code As no one was hurt or needed to be made hole again, there was no cause of action, or crime. You may wake up in the morning, but you may not so, we will charge you today. They now have a limitless debt associated with your birth certificate, which has a number you can actually track with the stock market. Too deep, maybe. Too real, stick your head back in the sand as it's all a figment of your imagination, until they turn on the gas.
Old 31-08-2015, 20:31   #132
CF Adviser

Ryon...So....if you are a salesman who is rewarded for leading in sales...that is OK
BUT if you are a diligent LE officer who is recognised for leading in convictions...that is somehow wrong?
Old 31-08-2015, 20:42   #133

Quote:
Ryon...So....if you are a salesman who is rewarded for leading in sales...that is OK
BUT if you are a diligent LE officer who is recognised for leading in convictions...that is somehow wrong?
A sale can only be made if BOTH parties agree. A bust just means that someone was ACCUSED. It can take years, if ever, to find if it was warranted.

Again, LE, are you being directed to escalate every trivial citizen encounter into either an alcohol, or a drug bust? Yes or No.
Old 31-08-2015, 20:53   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post

This could be a serious subject for us to talk about here. I've sailed both U.S. coasts, and a few foreign countries as well. There is no comparison; the U.S. is no longer a free country. The number of regular citizens here voicing their displeasure should be a clue.

Under the present policies, I can't see things getting any better. If you are in law enforcement, deny that you are being trained and directed to escalate all citizen encounters into a drugs or an alcohol bust, because that is the quickest way to advance your career.

Did I just say that I am a drugged-out hippie dope smuggler that gets blotto? I don't think I did. It is possible for responsible boaters to be concerned about over regulation, and unchecked police discretion too!
That was a very good description.

So good in fact that a new (2014 paperback) book was published, by investigative journalist Radley Balco - "Rise of the Warrior Cop --The Militarization of America's Police Forces"; Perseus Book Group 2013 hardcover edition.

It reflects in detail on just these issues.

Not only for boaters anymore.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 31-08-2015, 20:54   #135

SOLUTION!! Starting tomorrow, let's all buy a crap-load of extra rode and start anchoring out site the 12-mile limit. We can then have one heck of a party, just like the good 'ol days. I'll bring the beer. Who's got the chips and salsa?

Ps; Please guess how many rolls of Reynolds Wrap it took me to completely tin-foil my boat today. Well, I don't know either, as I lost count. But let me tell ya, it wasn't cheap!

Strange thing is, it now takes a lot less energy to keep my beer cold. Who'd of thunk?
Closed Thread

Tags
anchor