Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2016, 14:46   #3106
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

What the....
I leave you guys along for the morning while I work on the deck and I come back to talk about MENSA membership?
Sheesh...I better not leave you guys unsupervised again.

Now lets get back on track...
Read and Discuss.
After Brexit, Clexit | Global Climate Scam

There will be a Test.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 30-08-2016, 18:10   #3107

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Albert Einstein was not member of Mensa. He never sat an IQ test. Stephen Hawking is not a member of Mensa, he officially never did one either.

Like a real SEAL, a real genius is recognised by his work and not by his club membership cards.
So my point isn't misunderstood, I am referring to people who are not really members of Mensa or the Navy Seals but say they are to feed their ego and there's a fungus among us...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply
Old 30-08-2016, 20:32   #3108

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
So my point isn't misunderstood, I am referring to people who are not really members of Mensa or the Navy Seals but say they are to feed their ego and there's a fungus among us...
MENSA = My Ego Needs Special Attention
Old 30-08-2016, 21:16   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
5. data collection inaccuracies due to geographic changes such as increase in heat collection cement and pavement over the years in proximity to the reading devices

I think you have just figured out what man made global warming is.
landlockedsquid is offline   Reply
Old 30-08-2016, 21:36   #3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlockedsquid View Post
I think you have just figured out what man made global warming is.
Indeed. Cities generate heat. Trees cool things down.

Changed added heat inducing structures around old temperature reading stations end up measuring the increase of temperature due to the increased radiant heat. So it is not currently measuring climate change per se but a localised phenomenon that would be very different a few miles out on the edge of town. What it is measuring is anthropomorphic localised pavement effect. ALPE to be scientific.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 31-08-2016, 03:50   #3111

Atlantic coastline sinks as sea levels rise | Grist

The melting of the Laurentide Ice Sheet results in a continuing rebound of the earth in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts , but south of the ice sheet there is a see-saw subsidence in Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina -- as reported in the Geophysical Research Letters.

SailOar is offline   Reply
Old 31-08-2016, 04:04   #3112

Climate change could cut coffee production up to 50pc by 2050, report shows | Always Been Crazy (ABC)

Even the Aussies have been suckered into this cultist madness. The Climate Change Institute, in A Brewing Storm, thinks that coffee production could be halved in a few decades due to climate change. But we, the enlightened, know that is just a thinly veiled nefarious plot to try and corner the coffee stock market.

Old 31-08-2016, 04:30   #3113
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Weavis. I am so offended by you being a marmite cultist. Vegimite lovers such as myself are always having to cope with the marmites. But at the end of the day I can respect marmite eaters even though I prefer vegimite. After all we both appreciate the vitamin B shot.

By the way, marmite and vegimite had the same origin. The UK and the British Commonwealth country, Australia both developed marmite and vegimite immediately following the 2nd World War. Purpose was to provide a nutritional shot in the arm so to speak following both countries war time food shortages.

Both M & V are rich in vitamin B and would be worthwhile for all cruisers to consider having on board. But be warned both are an acquired almost exotic taste.

This perhaps leads to another topic. Supplements, health foods and exercise strategies for cruisers.
WRONG..!!
Check your facts Goingwalkabout.. Vegimite is the new kid on the block..
Marmite was around pre First World War...
British Marmite was originally supplied in earthenware pots, but since the 1920s has been sold in glass jars shaped like the French cooking pot.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Old 31-08-2016, 06:31   #3114

Quote:
Indeed. Cities generate heat. Trees cool things down.

Changed added heat inducing structures around old temperature reading stations end up measuring the increase of temperature due to the increased radiant heat. So it is not currently measuring climate change per se but a localised phenomenon that would be very different a few miles out on the edge of town. What it is measuring is anthropomorphic localised pavement effect. ALPE to be scientific.
BEST discounted the UHI. Read the findings.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
jackdale is offline   Reply
Old 31-08-2016, 22:45   #3115

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
WRONG..!!
Check your facts Goingwalkabout.. Vegimite is the new kid on the block..
Marmite was around pre First World War...
British Marmite was originally supplied in earthenware pots, but since the 1920s has been sold in glass jars shaped like the French cooking pot.
You are of course correct. Weaves corrected my error. An error brought about from being told what is now proven to be erroneous, as a child.

I am glad you reminded me of my error. But I still prefer vegemite.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 01-09-2016, 03:44   #3116

The most important mystery about U.S. climate change policy | Washington Lier's Club

While the U.S. is burning less "dirty" coal and more "clean" natural gas, thus reducing CO2 emissions, releases of methane, an even more potent green house gas, is on the rise. I say, "Frack, Baby, frack".

Old 01-09-2016, 03:55   #3117

A changing sun, a changing climate? | Physical Therapy

A gaggle of yokels with 99¢-degrees from fly-by-night Internet universities, have studied the relation between solar output and Earth's temperature and concluded that solar variation can alter climate variability regionally, but that it does not trigger global warming.

Ha Ha Ha! What fools!
Old 01-09-2016, 04:22   #3118
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
You are of course correct. Weaves corrected my error. An error brought about from being told what is now proven to be erroneous, as a child.

I am glad you reminded me of my error. But I still prefer vegemite.
I only corrected it because it is the MOST verifiable fact on this entire thread..

weavis is offline   Reply
Old 01-09-2016, 04:46   #3119
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I only corrected it because it is the MOST verifiable fact on this entire thread..

Earth Tilt IS the only possible answer but...!!
There's none so blind as those who will Not See...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Old 01-09-2016, 07:00   #3120

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
The most important mystery about U.S. climate change policy | Washington Lier's Club

While the U.S. is burning less "dirty" coal and more "clean" natural gas, thus reducing CO2 emissions, releases of methane, an even more potent green house gas, is on the rise. I say, "Frack, Baby, frack".
Ah yes...contaminated ground water is much better than CC right?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising