Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2016, 14:54   #766

Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
My...!!
Amazing how a bunch of sheep Farting in OZ and NZ in the last century has matured...
I say the solution to GW is corks. Big, huge, gigantic corks. It would also solve the unemployment problem. Can you imagine how many corkers will be needed in just New Zealnd. Well have to have special training for these cork insertors though. I suspect there will be differences in corking the rear end of a sheep as apposed to cows. Thinking about it I believe we will need a Government sponsored study on how best to shove a cork into various livestock.

Any one interested in setting up a research body for Government funding with me. I think we'll call the it, Gone With The Wind Global Warming Institute.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 23-03-2016, 15:00   #767
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
I say the solution to GW is corks. Big, huge, gigantic corks. It would also solve the unemployment problem. Can you imagine how many corkers will be needed in just New Zealnd. Well have to have special training for these cork insertors though. I suspect there will be differences in corking the rear end of a sheep as apposed to cows. Thinking about it I believe we will need a Government sponsored study on how best to shove a cork into various livestock.

Any one interested in setting up a research body for Government funding with me. I think we'll call the it, Gone With The Wind Global Warming Institute.
They'd have to be threaded corks.. else they'd just pop when shaken..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Old 23-03-2016, 15:06   #768

Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
They'd have to be threaded corks.. else they'd just pop when shaken..
Now we are talking. That's the kind of science we need for our Gone With The Wind GW Institute. If you can draw a mechanical drawing I can put it in our Government Grant submission. Yah. I've found my first scientist for our Institute.
Old 23-03-2016, 15:12   #769
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Now we are talking. That's the kind of science we need for our Gone With The Wind GW Institute. If you can draw a mechanical drawing I can put it in our Government Grant submission. Yah. I've found my first scientist for our Institute.
But what could we Patent it as..??
I believe Cork Screw is already taken..

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 23-03-2016, 15:27   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Um - nothing about falling sea levels over that past four years in your link or in the the original.

A slowing of the rate is not a falling sea level.

A decade of sea level rise slowed by climate-driven hydrology | Science

Sea level continues to rise.

A report on the study

Parched Earth soaks up water, slowing sea level rise: study
The slowing down is so significant it that if trend lines continue it will become a reverse hockey stick and we will end up like ocean less Mars. I love how the alarmists project irrational horror and make it look like science. It must be a big worry that Manhattan and Miami aren't going to disappear like Atlantis any time soon in the next multible centuries.
Old 23-03-2016, 15:30   #771

Quote:
Let me look into it. Perhaps if we come up with a novel way of describing the threads. Also if no one has patented an anti clockwise screw thread we could have a winner. We just patent the anti clickwise with a latex thread. What's the worst that could happen at the USPTO. They could tell us to go screw ourselves.
Old 23-03-2016, 15:49   #772

Quote:
The slowing down is so significant it that if trend lines continue it will become a reverse hockey stick and we will end up like ocean less Mars. I love how the alarmists project irrational horror and make it look like science. It must be a big worry that Manhattan and Miami aren't going to disappear like Atlantis any time soon in the next multible centuries.
That spin will will work well with your "cork screw."
jackdale is offline   Reply
Old 23-03-2016, 16:05   #773

Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That spin will will work well with your "cork screw."
What happens when an alarmist and a denier are walking together on the beach and they come accross a happy sunbather who doesn't give a Sh... ? They scream and yell at the sunbather and then both pull him apart limb by limb. Because there is nothing worse and a greater threat to civil order than a happy sunbather.
Old 23-03-2016, 16:11   #774
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Oh

What happens when an alarmist and a denier are walking together on the beach and they come accross a happy sunbather who doesn't give a Sh... ? They scream and yell at the sunbather and then both pull him apart limb by limb. Because there is nothing worse and a greater threat to civil order than a happy sunbather.
A+1...

Old 23-03-2016, 16:15   #775

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Quote:
News Flash. Latest oceanic research report shows ocean levels have fallen every year for the last 4 years. Sounds like we need a new thread to discuss the impact of falling ocean levels on navigation. :-)
This has to be true because it explains the reason I grounded on a bommie last year. I was blaming my own incompetence, which I must admit I found difficult to accept, but now it all makes perfect sense!

Sent from my SGP521 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 23-03-2016, 16:21   #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
This has to be true because it explains the reason I grounded on a bommie last year. I was blaming my own incompetence, which I must admit I found difficult to accept, but now it all makes perfect sense!

Sent from my SGP521 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Absolutely. It's all this Global Changing that is not being taken into account by the chart plotter makers. Very very serious sutuation.
Old 23-03-2016, 17:09   #777

Falling Sea Level

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ing-sea-level/

Sea level has been falling on the Atlantic seaboard for the past six years.

8534720 Atlantic City, New Jersey

8518750 The Battery, New York

Scientist:
"Our top scientists say that Manhattan will be underwater no later than 2018" as reported in Salon October, 2016 Stormy weather - Salon.com

Now back to sunbathing because I don't give a .............
Old 23-03-2016, 19:10   #778

Quote:
Falling Sea Level

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ing-sea-level/

Sea level has been falling on the Atlantic seaboard for the past six years.

8534720 Atlantic City, New Jersey

8518750 The Battery, New York

Scientist:
"Our top scientists say that Manhattan will be underwater no later than 2018" as reported in Salon October, 2016 Stormy weather - Salon.com

Now back to sunbathing because I don't give a .............

Really" You post the mythical Steve Goddard's bogus, cherry-picked disinformation. I suppose you use his data for for tidal heights as well.

++++++++++++++++++++

Hansen's off-the-cuff forecast was based on doubling of CO2 which has not happened.

James Hansen made his statement in response to a question by Bob Reiss, a journalist and author, in 1988. He did not predict that the West Side Highway would be underwater in 20 years.

Bob Reiss reports the conversation as follows:

"When I interviewed James Hansen I asked him to speculate on what the view outside his office window could look like in 40 years with doubled CO2. I'd been trying to think of a way to discuss the greenhouse effect in a way that would make sense to average readers. I wasn't asking for hard scientific studies. It wasn't an academic interview. It was a discussion with a kind and thoughtful man who answered the question. You can find the description in two of my books, most recently The Coming Storm."

James Hansen reports the conversation as follows:

"Reiss asked me to speculate on changes that might happen in New York City in 40 years assuming CO2 doubled in amount."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8518750.png
Views:	100
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	121342   Click image for larger version

Name:	8534720.png
Views:	130
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	121343  

Old 23-03-2016, 19:33   #779
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Here is a name that just might work
The methane reducing inclined plane wrapped around a central axis for the reduction of gw gasses in livestock. ( remember the fancier it sounds the easier it is to patent.)
Old 23-03-2016, 19:38   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Here is a name that just might work
The methane reducing inclined plane wrapped around a central axis for the reduction of gw gasses in livestock. ( remember the fancier it sounds the easier it is to patent.)
It is a "short term methane inhibitor". That might give you a better acronym.
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising