Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2016, 11:50   #2836
Registered User
 
GoingWalkabout's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA & Argentina
Boat: In the market for a Lagoon 56 (seems like the perfect fit)
Posts: 1,455
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
You have a strange logic system. If what I post is drivel than it will remain drivel whether I include a synopsis in my own words or not. So why would you read it if I gave a synopsis, but won't read it in its original form?

I don't see why I should bruise your tender ears with my drivel when professional journalists can explain the science so much more clearly than I ever could. If you're not interested in reading the current science that's fine with me. It certainly explains a lot about the positions you take.



No need to inform us of that. It's quite evident from your posts that your relationship with actual science is tenuous at best.
Can you please stop with your attacks on others. Either discuss the issues or go away.
__________________

__________________
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 12:06   #2837
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 568
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Can you please stop with your attacks on others. Either discuss the issues or go away.
Do you mean I should follow the example of this poster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
That's what loosers do when loosing an argument. Shut down the conversation. Kind of like the child who doesn't want to hear something and goes ahead and puts his finger in his ears and says lalalalala...

Who are you calling negative narrow minded thinkers? Posters on this thread or scientists with contra views to yours mentioned...

Nice try at first trying to shut down voices you don't like and second, belittling others by insinuating they couldn't originate independent thoughts or accomplishments...

Put your fingers in your ears, throw a tantrum. Yell I don't want to gear this anymore. Then belittle scientists who are real accomplished scientists. Great intellectual contribution based on rationality and logical thinking. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
...I always laugh when I see socialists dressing up their thievery in terms of capitalism. Just part of their deception. What else can you expect of people that use the force of law and regulations to steal from others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
SailOar. Nice to see your dutiful compliance to spreading dubious hysterical climate alarmism....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Soothernpride. You lost the civil war. Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
...Don't you think the same or even more rigorous intervention and deprogramming is needed for the MMGWC cultists? Many may think that we are indeed dealing with something akin to international mass hysteria. Hysterical notions of impending doom and the need to convince others of their hyterical notions is by definition a certain symptom of mental illness that has progressed to the point of a serious psychosis.

We may have to look at spending more money on mental health care for the poor hyterical alarmists by diverting money away from projects currently funded as a result of their psychosis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
One other point regarding mass hysteria and global warming alarmists. It is they who started to say warming "deniers" are crazy.

It is usual in the case of a mental disorder such as a psychotic hysteric that they will be the first to think others are crazy.
__________________

__________________
SailOar is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 16:23   #2838
Liveaboard Cruiser
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,218
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

So why doesn't the Satellite data tell the same "it's getting hotter" story?
The Global Cooling They Don’t Want You to Know About | TheBlaze.com
Could be be the Satellite date can't be as easily faked.....
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water Makers
Technautics CoolBlue Refrigeration

SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 16:32   #2839
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 8,157
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

The need for niceness is apparent...

__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 16:55   #2840
Liveaboard Cruiser
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,218
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Sacrifice your Children to Bale on the brazen Alter.
Should We Be Having Kids In The Age Of Climate Change? : NPR
These folks are dead pan serious...it has nothing to do with Science....it is a Religious Cult to the true MMGW Believers.
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water Makers
Technautics CoolBlue Refrigeration

SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 17:01   #2841
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,667
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
So why doesn't the Satellite data tell the same "it's getting hotter" story?
The Global Cooling They Dont Want You to Know About | TheBlaze.com
Could be be the Satellite date can't be as easily faked.....
Here's something else I found out the other day that I find somewhat disturbing. The record for the highest officially recorded temperature on the planet was set in 1922. This isn't the highest temperature ever recorded, just the officially recorded highest. Ninety years later, that record was struck from the books by the World Meteorological Organisation because they determined it was an error. It may very well be that record was an error, but surely if so it wouldn't have taken 90 years to notice this and then the question becomes why would anyone go back and bother to investigate a 90 year old set of data? I could be wrong (yeh, first time ever, I know!) but it strikes me as very unusual that 90 year old records for anything would be getting reviewed unless there was some ulterior motive behind the investigation.

It also doesn't appear to be an isolated case...

Quote:
Highest temperatures ever recorded



A world map showing areas with Kppen BWh (hot desert climate). The temperatures in these regions have the potential to exceed 50 C (122 F) during the hottest seasons.


There are reports of temperatures higher than the listed world record of 56.7 C (134.1 F) during phenomena known as heat bursts, including a report of 87 C (189 F) in Abadan, Iran in June 1967. There are also reports made by satellite analysis, including one of 66.8 C (152.2 F) measured in the Flaming Mountains of China in 2008.[8] These temperatures have never been confirmed, and are not recognized as world records.[9] The former highest official temperature on Earth, held for 90 years by Aziziya, Libya, was de-certified by the WMO (World Meteorological Organization) in January 2012 as the record for the world's highest surface temperature. (This temperature of 58 C (136 F), registered on 13 September 1922, is currently considered to have been a recorder's error.[10])
Christopher C. Burt, the weather historian writing for Weather Underground who shepherded the Libya reading's 2012 disqualification, believes that the 1913 Death Valley reading is "a myth", and is at least 2.2 or 2.8 C (4 or 5 F) too high,[11] as do other weather historians Dr. Arnold Court and William Taylor Reid.[12] Burt proposes that the highest reliably recorded temperature on Earth is still at Death Valley, but is instead 54.0 C (129.2 F) recorded on 30 June 2013.[13] 53.9 C (129.0 F) was recorded another four times: 20 July 1960, 18 July 1998, 20 July 2005, and 7 July 2007.[14][15] On 21 July 2016, Mitribah in Kuwait also recorded a maximum temperature of 54.0 C (129.2 F), tying Death Valley's highest reliably recorded temperature on Earth, while Basra in Iraq reached 53.9 C (129.0 F) that day. [16]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records

Looking at the records for both heat and cold and the dates makes interesting reading at the link above. I'm surprised some of those that post in this thread haven't jumped on all the new records set in July.
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 19:45   #2842
Liveaboard Cruiser
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,218
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Emperors and Kings of old were known to "Blot out" the names of people, even their own children, from the history books and stone tablets if they went against the King.

If Historical data or facts are a problem, just burn the books and strike the information from the public consciousness.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Those who find the facts to be contrary to their Beliefs often try to change or ignore said facts.
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water Makers
Technautics CoolBlue Refrigeration

SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:00   #2843
Registered User
 
GoingWalkabout's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA & Argentina
Boat: In the market for a Lagoon 56 (seems like the perfect fit)
Posts: 1,455
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Historical revisionism has been a favourite tool of the left. What is frightening is how much easier it is now to do in this digital age. Also very frightening is the mind of these dishonest manipulators and the lengths they will go to silence contrary thought and even facts.
__________________
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:09   #2844
Liveaboard Cruiser
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,218
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Like prosecuting those who dare not accept the Climate Change talking points and Dogma?

Those seeking control over other people's lives have used the same approach since the beginning of time and not it appears Mis Clinton is a disciple of one of Chicago's finest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water Makers
Technautics CoolBlue Refrigeration

SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:12   #2845
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now, in the marked for a ~50ft cat
Posts: 337
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Wow, You guys want answers that are set in stone. Well, science can not provide those answers. Religion does.

I'm amazed how many of you claiming to have scientific training like Rich or GoingWalkabout do obviously not understand at all how science works and rather stick to fixed believes formed by their political affiliation, discarding everything not fitting to their believe system. Science on the other hand at least tries to keep an open mind, while you guys are narrow minded beyond believe: "Nah, Climate change is a hoax, no matter what you say, no matter how many peer reviewed articles or scientific data you show me, nothing will change my mind. Those scientists are all idiots - and you are a stupid climate change cultist reading and quoting the work of those leftist scum in the first place!"

Only for scientists who obviously understand statistics, probability, confidence intervals and margins of error, working on climate change is a dream come true.

For everyone else, the fact that uncertainty (inherent in any complex area of science) has gradually become one of climate change's defining features is a constant headache. Because uncertainty – real or manufactured – is a well-rehearsed reason for inaction.

Not that anything anyone writes in this thread (including myself) has any meaning in the real world anyway...
__________________
As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:48   #2846
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Boat: Sandpiper 565
Posts: 2,664
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Part of it is who the Left are...the most intolerant bunch of people you will ever meet. It isn't enough for them to share and exchange ideas and then smile and say hey, lets have a beer with you. Their belief system makes them hate those that disagree with them. You are either with them or against them. You see it here...you see it in the calling for Prosecution of Climate Change Deniers. Deniers must be attacked, must be silenced for the good of Mother Gia, for the Jihad and holy war.

At first hearing my Replacement Theology comparison of the MMGW fanatics, most people think it's over the top and a little out there. But then the more you find out, the more you dig and the more you interact with the movements True Believers there is that moment when you think to yourself...."Holy Bat Crap...that Crazy Rich is right?" From that point on your life is ruined because seeing the Truth changes you, for the better, but changes you nonetheless.
Y'know, I can't disagree that many on the left can be sanctimonious, preachy, intolerant, holier than thou... I'm sure that it is annoying.

Notwithstanding, the left isn't science, advocacy isn't science... you've only been tilting loudly at a strawman. Moaning and pissing about your cult is just a big fat excuse for not addressing the science, as I think you've pretty much admitted previously.

"It isn't enough for them to share and exchange ideas and then smile and say hey, lets have a beer with you."

If someone walks into some friendly public gathering (or, say, a sailing forum) and starts proclaiming loudly that X (a subject deemed important) is wrong and a scam, and that anyone who is concerned about X is a fool... there won't be that many beers shared. A$$holes aren't exclusive to the left.
__________________
Lake-Effect is online now   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:55   #2847
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now, in the marked for a ~50ft cat
Posts: 337
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Y'know, I can't disagree that many on the left can be sanctimonious, preachy, intolerant, holier than thou... I'm sure that it is annoying.

Notwithstanding, the left isn't 'science', advocacy isn't 'science'... you've only been tilting loudly at a strawman. Moaning and pissing about your cult is just a big fat excuse for not addressing the science, as I think you've pretty much admitted previously.

"It isn't enough for them to share and exchange ideas and then smile and say hey, lets have a beer with you."

If someone walks into some public gathering (or, say, a sailing forum) and starts proclaiming loudly that X is wrong and a scam, and that anyone who is concerned about X is a fool... there won't be that many beers shared. A$$holes aren't exclusive to the left.


Oh I see, this is a political discussion not a scientific one. [/sarcasm]

Here goes the open mind and the beer...
__________________
As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 20:56   #2848
Liveaboard Cruiser
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,218
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Just one problem LE....we do deal with the Science and it's just not substantive enough. You think it is...many in this thread say it is not.

Now once we have come to that realization...why in the world would I (or you) waste time trying to convince someone on a Sailing Cruising Chat forum that their interpretation of the science is wrong. THAT is crazy and I laugh at those who confuse a chat room with an online correspondence course. But there is something about the left...something about the Cultist that just can't let go. Why...because seeing and knowing that opposing views exist angers them....frustrates them, their own arrogance won't let them think they are wrong or that their Religion has faults.
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water Makers
Technautics CoolBlue Refrigeration

SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 21:14   #2849
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Boat: Sandpiper 565
Posts: 2,664
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Just one problem LE....we do deal with the Science and it's just not substantive enough. You think it is...many in this thread say it is not.

Now once we have come to that realization...why in the world would I (or you) waste time trying to convince someone on a Sailing Cruising Chat forum that their interpretation of the science is wrong. THAT is crazy and I laugh at those who confuse a chat room with an online correspondence course. But there is something about the left...something about the Cultist that just can't let go. Why...because seeing and knowing that opposing views exist angers them....frustrates them, their own arrogance won't let them think they are wrong or that their Religion has faults.
Maybe we're just angry at the a$$holes who insist on proclaiming their ignorance about X in a sailing forum.
__________________
Lake-Effect is online now   Reply
Old 19-08-2016, 21:16   #2850
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now, in the marked for a ~50ft cat
Posts: 337
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Just one problem LE....we do deal with the Science and it's just not substantive enough. You think it is...many in this thread say it is not.

Now once we have come to that realization...why in the world would I (or you) waste time trying to convince someone on a Sailing Cruising Chat forum that their interpretation of the science is wrong. THAT is crazy and I laugh at those who confuse a chat room with an online correspondence course. But there is something about the left...something about the Cultist that just can't let go. Why...because seeing and knowing that opposing views exist angers them....frustrates them, their own arrogance won't let them think they are wrong or that their Religion has faults.
Rich you do realise that you are doing exactly the same you accuse the other side of doing but maybe even worse?

I have not seen a single post of yours - yet - which had any substance whatsoever.

Maybe I missed it. Could you please point me to a post of yours with substance and without demagogy?
__________________

__________________
As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love cruising because it teaches humility zboss General Sailing Forum 38 17-09-2014 20:38
A Boat Is Better than a Wife, Because . . . BlueWaterSail Off Topic Forum 94 20-02-2011 20:10
Current Strategies in Solar Power ? Roy M Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 47 18-07-2010 06:37
i'm Really a Tiller Guy, because i Like the Responsiveness of a Multihull... Pipeline Multihull Sailboats 2 08-01-2010 08:32
Men return to Mountains and to the Sea because.... JohnnyB Challenges 4 10-10-2008 09:48


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:32.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.