Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2016, 15:09   #2581
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Boat: Sandpiper 565
Posts: 2,922
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Time of use surcharges and no hardship to users that really is funny .
Just ask senior citizens and the disabled that are on fixed incomes about that one.
Epic comprehension fail. And do tell us how you're working towards bettering the plight of seniors and the disabled that are on fixed incomes.
__________________

__________________
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 15:38   #2582
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 3,423
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Epic comprehension fail. And do tell us how you're working towards bettering the plight of seniors and the disabled that are on fixed incomes.
Well I am one of those disabled and on a fixed income . Went all solar on my live aboard but we all know I did that. Also this month so far I have installed sufficient solar on two live aboard boats. The owners of which are on SSD. Taking them off grid. And I did it at cost.
What have you done recently?
__________________

__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is online now   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 15:59   #2583
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,522
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
Malcolm was always one to blow with the wind. Must be some trade or money pressure being applied by a friendly Government I would think. The Washington puppet masters have very long strings. But all that said, Malcolm isn't a bad guy. Smart enough to no how to play the game.

July 2015 - Al Gore visits Australia.
6 weeks later - Abbott out, Turnbull in.

Co-incidence?
__________________
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 16:02   #2584
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,522
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Anyone else notice all the inaccuracies/falsehoods in the "climate change" propaganda segment during the Olympics opening ceremony?
__________________
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 16:48   #2585
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
July 2015 - Al Gore visits Australia.
6 weeks later - Abbott out, Turnbull in.

Co-incidence?
Are you kidding? Abbott's short stint as PM was full of plunders. He was an embarrassment for the LNP and his approval ratings had nosedived to an all-time-low. His captains-picks did not win him many friends besides Prince Phillip. He only came to power in the first place because the ALP was worse.

And you are seriously believing Gore's meeting with states government representatives had anything to do with it?

Wow StuM.

(I hope you were joking, otherwise you just lost all credibility.)
__________________
“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.”
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 17:36   #2586
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,730
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Are you kidding? Abbott's short stint as PM was full of plunders. He was an embarrassment for the LNP and his approval ratings had nosedived to an all-time-low. His captains-picks did not win him many friends besides Prince Phillip. He only came to power in the first place because the ALP was worse.

And you are seriously believing Gore's meeting with states government representatives had anything to do with it?

Wow StuM.

(I hope you were joking, otherwise you just lost all credibility.)
Probably more to do with the close shave at the recent election.
(Referring to the CSIRO story)




Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
July 2015 - Al Gore visits Australia.
6 weeks later - Abbott out, Turnbull in.

Co-incidence?


Sent from my SM-G900I using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 18:11   #2587
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,522
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Are you kidding? Abbott's short stint as PM was full of plunders. He was an embarrassment for the LNP and his approval ratings had nosedived to an all-time-low. His captains-picks did not win him many friends besides Prince Phillip. He only came to power in the first place because the ALP was worse.

And you are seriously believing Gore's meeting with states government representatives had anything to do with it?

Wow StuM.

(I hope you were joking, otherwise you just lost all credibility.)
Didn't you notice the ?

I lurrrrvvvv conspiracy theories
__________________
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 18:15   #2588
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 570
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Anyone else notice all the inaccuracies/falsehoods in the "climate change" propaganda segment during the Olympics opening ceremony?
Olympic opening ceremony? Is it that time again?
__________________
fryewe is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 18:29   #2589
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,522
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryewe View Post
Olympic opening ceremony? Is it that time again?
Yep, watched it yesterday morning (started at 9:00am Sat local time) before heading out for a race.

Great afternoon - the wind picked up a bit more than anticipated just before the start so we headed away from the start line to change down from the No 2 to the No 3. Missed the start by about 3 minutes as a result. But it was the right decision - we still came second.
__________________
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 18:54   #2590
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Didn't you notice the ?

I lurrrrvvvv conspiracy theories
I sell tin foil hats guaranteed to be designed by a scientist. 100% genuine protection whatever one fears and made in Australia. Don't buy the cheap Chinese knock offs. Think about it: The Chinese want your thoughts! Do you really think hats made in China can protect you from the Chinese?

$1200 per hat or 4 easy payments of $400 (including postage)

Special offer for CF members and only today a rebate of +10%

Let me know how many you want.



Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Yep, watched it yesterday morning (started at 9:00am Sat local time) before heading out for a race.

Great afternoon - the wind picked up a bit more than anticipated just before the start so we headed away from the start line to change down from the No 2 to the No 3. Missed the start by about 3 minutes as a result. But it was the right decision - we still came second.
Sounds like a fun day! I'm envious like hell

Note to myself: expedite boat buying schedule ...

PS: Buy my hats so I can move on my yacht sooner!
__________________
“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.”
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 19:01   #2591
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,522
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Sounds like a fun day! I'm envious like hell

Note to myself: expedite boat buying schedule ...
According to this: "Landlocked right now, but a Lagoon 450s would do the trick" , racing is not a reason to expedite your boat buying schedule (although there are lots of other good reasons . I don't race my Belize!

If you want to race, get involved in a local club and crew on someone else's boat. I race on a Farr 1/2 ton than was built in the early '80s. The current (and very recent) owner is the third one that I've sailed with on this boat.
__________________
StuM is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 19:29   #2592
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Boat: Sandpiper 565
Posts: 2,922
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Well I am one of those disabled and on a fixed income . Went all solar on my live aboard but we all know I did that. Also this month so far I have installed sufficient solar on two live aboard boats. The owners of which are on SSD. Taking them off grid. And I did it at cost.
What have you done recently?
You don't get out of it that easy. Tell us how taking some sensible efficiency steps "hurts" seniors etc etc. Voluntarily lowering their own power bill is a harm? Me owd mam is not having any issues starting the washer at off-peak times, or changing the odd light bulb.
__________________
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 19:35   #2593
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
According to this: "Landlocked right now, but a Lagoon 450s would do the trick" , racing is not a reason to expedite your boat buying schedule (although there are lots of other good reasons . I don't race my Belize!

If you want to race, get involved in a local club and crew on someone else's boat. I race on a Farr 1/2 ton than was built in the early '80s. The current (and very recent) owner is the third one that I've sailed with on this boat.
You are right, but in my case its more a time issue. The next 9-12 month or so my research-project will not allow me to do anything besides flying from one workshop to the next conference, writing papers and meeting fellow researchers (and of course procrastinate here on CF )
__________________
“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.”
― Herman Melville, Moby-Dick
adoxograph is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 19:41   #2594
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,578
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

The Tax cheats that have set up their homes or boats to live off the grid without buying power with solar are shirking their social responsibility to pay their fair share of the Electrical Utility Infrastructure by ducking out on the Taxes and Fees the Utility companies charge. Who do these people think they are, want the benefits of society without paying their fair share. To quote a wise Indian Proverb, "You didn't build that yourself, society paid for the police to keep marauding bands of criminals from burning down your factory".

It's high time these free loaders pay their pair...share...hey....wait a minute, I'm one of those freeloaders living off the Utility Grid....never mind. Maybe Pocahontas was right?
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 19:55   #2595
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 3,423
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
You don't get out of it that easy. Tell us how taking some sensible efficiency steps "hurts" seniors etc etc. Voluntarily lowering their own power bill is a harm? Me owd mam is not having any issues starting the washer at off-peak times, or changing the odd light bulb.
With electric heat there is no " do it off peak" .
I have to tip my hat to you for how you dodged my direct question after I directly answered your question . ( And you say epic fail on my part)
__________________

__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is online now   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love cruising because it teaches humility zboss General Sailing Forum 38 17-09-2014 19:38
A Boat Is Better than a Wife, Because . . . BlueWaterSail Off Topic Forum 94 20-02-2011 19:10
Current Strategies in Solar Power ? Roy M Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 47 18-07-2010 05:37
i'm Really a Tiller Guy, because i Like the Responsiveness of a Multihull... Pipeline Multihull Sailboats 2 08-01-2010 07:32
Men return to Mountains and to the Sea because.... JohnnyB Challenges 4 10-10-2008 08:48



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.