Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 05:14   #2101
Registered User
 
SailOar's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 587
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

97% global warming consensus paper surpasses half a million downloads | The Guardian
__________________

__________________
SailOar is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 05:44   #2102
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 570
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

From the link...

"...in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 19912011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'[, w]e find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW..."
__________________

__________________
fryewe is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 05:52   #2103
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,712
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Sailor has proven himself quite the prolific promoter of climate change alarmism. Let's review a few days of his copious contributions.

Nope, no disaster here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
Yes of course they "could" be. The earth "could" also be overrun by a hostile alien race by then, too.

Ka-Ching!

Ka-Ching!

Ka-Ching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar View Post
Bah ha ha ha

Quote:
But getting the forecast right remains a challenge, thanks to the complex — and still poorly understood — ways in which South Asia's monsoon rains are influenced by everything from atmospheric and ocean temperatures to air quality and global climate trends. Even the amount of ice in Antarctica is suspected to have an impact.
That is, we can't explain what we're actually seeing now, but our models say...


Quote:
"Fire risk is going to become greater," says researcher Mike Waddington of McMaster University.
"It'll burn more often, the area burned will increase, but most importantly is the severity of that burning."
That is, nothing's actually happening now, but our models say...

Ka-Ching!

Ka-Ching!

They should incorporate defenses against hostile alien attack whilst at it.

Ka-Ching!

Ba ha ha ha ha! People have to read this nonsense to even believe that it's actually a peer reviewed paper.

You provide the best arguments for conspiracy theorists ever, Sailor. Keep up the good work.
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 06:40   #2104
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 570
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Sailor has proven himself quite the prolific promoter of climate change alarmism. Let's review a few days of his copious contributions.
Climate change. There's nothing that it [can't be suggested that] it can't do.

Perhaps it can even open the NW Passage this year to boats other than icebreakers and submarines.

But will it be AGW climate change, or regular old run-of-the-mill climate change?

What does Vegas say? They bet on everything!!!
__________________
fryewe is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 06:59   #2105
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 570
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Does alarmism, state AG actions, and fed officials' incendiary statements cause activities like this?

Schuette: 40 €˜thugs€™ attack Midland home

Wonder where they got the idea they could do something like this and get away with it? Wonder if the result would have different if this had happened in, say, Texas?

Does this coordinated activity rise to the level of conspiracy? Should this be found to be inspired by alarmism, should RICO investigations be started?

Should Great Lakes sailors be preparing alternate cruising strategies in case the govt shuts down Mackinac Strait because of the possibility of a pipeline failure?
__________________
fryewe is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 07:27   #2106
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,451
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Sailor has proven himself quite the prolific promoter of climate change alarmism. Let's review a few days of his copious contributions.

Ba ha ha ha ha! People have to read this nonsense to even believe that it's actually a peer reviewed paper.

You provide the best arguments for conspiracy theorists ever, Sailor. Keep up the good work.
Ha ha...halarious...do these MMGW Cultists even listen to themselves?
And why do they sound so much like the ardent radical food police trying to convince people that margarine is better for your health than real butter? Opps...so much for another "consensus" that butter was bad for you...where does the humor end?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...qFgHY.facebook
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is online now   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 08:20   #2107
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Boat: Sandpiper 565
Posts: 2,827
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailOar
These Places Could Be Underwater This Century | Forbes
Yes of course they "could" be. The earth "could" also be overrun by a hostile alien race by then, too.
Aliens, or ocean rise? I know which one you'd bet on, if it came to that.

Quote:
You provide the best arguments for conspiracy theorists ever, Sailor. Keep up the good work.
And you have no argument.
__________________
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 08:43   #2108
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,451
Send a message via Skype™ to SV THIRD DAY
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Aliens, or ocean rise? I know which one you'd bet on, if it came to that.

And you have no argument.
It would be a mistake to assume a lack of argument...when really there is a realisation that the argument would be wasted on religious dogma.
__________________
Rich Boren Living Aboard in Morro Bay, CA and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is online now   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 14:51   #2109
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,712
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Aliens, or ocean rise? I know which one you'd bet on, if it came to that.

And you have no argument.

More likely land subsidence, but who's to argue?

Who am I kidding. I will...

Quote:
Tangier Island, like most of the off-shore islands in the Chesapeake Bay, is eroding and subsiding. There used to be a lot more islands in the Chesapeake Bay, and the ones that remain were once much larger than they are today. The University of Maryland’s Laboratory for Coastal Research found that at least 13 islands in Chesapeake Bay have disappeared entirely since the region was first described and mapped by Europeans. Tangier Island is very flat and low-lying, forcing its residents to live mostly on three sandy ridges that rise 1 or 2 yards above mean sea-level.
https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/...5-5f1c5d026f37
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:12   #2110
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,889
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
More likely land subsidence, but who's to argue?

Who am I kidding. I will...



https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/...5-5f1c5d026f37
You do realise that 'geocaching' is a game don't you? Not a science reference, but a game? Though the reference referred to is correct, your use of it is not.

THE TWILIGHT OF TANGIER: What It's Like To Live On An Island That's Disappearing Due To Global Warming | Business Insider

Records indicate that in the mid-1800s, Tangier Island encompassed some 2,062 acres. It was home to watermelon farms, grazing cows, and a variety of plant life. Today, the total land mass amounts to just 768 acres, of which just 83 acres are habitable.
While Tangier Island has been slowly losing ground to erosion for hundreds of years, the combination of rising sea levels and more devastating weather both spurred by global warming have greatly increased the rate of land loss. Research shows that Tangier is now losing nine acres of land a year to erosion and rising tides.
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:26   #2111
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,712
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
You do realise that 'geocaching' is a game don't you? Not a science reference, but a game? Though the reference referred to is correct, your use of it is not.

THE TWILIGHT OF TANGIER: What It's Like To Live On An Island That's Disappearing Due To Global Warming | Business Insider

Records indicate that in the mid-1800s, Tangier Island encompassed some 2,062 acres. It was home to watermelon farms, grazing cows, and a variety of plant life. Today, the total land mass amounts to just 768 acres, of which just 83 acres are habitable.
While Tangier Island has been slowly losing ground to erosion for hundreds of years, the combination of rising sea levels and more devastating weather — both spurred by global warming — have greatly increased the rate of land loss. Research shows that Tangier is now losing nine acres of land a year to erosion and rising tides.
Deja-Vu

Remember that time in a long lost thread when you argued the Maldives were sinking and I explained to you how the primary causes were subsidence and natural sea level rise - using nothing but facts and simple mathematics to support my argument. This is the same. It's always the same. A harsher person than me might say that those that build on shifting sands 1 - 2 m above average sea level (let's hope they meant HAT!) deserves what they get. Let's use common sense for one moment. Exclude MMGW and they were still going to sink, no matter what. That is a bet I'll take with LE!
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:45   #2112
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,889
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Deja-Vu

Remember that time in a long lost thread when you argued the Maldives were sinking and I explained to you how the primary causes were subsidence and natural sea level rise - using nothing but facts and simple mathematics to support my argument. This is the same. It's always the same. A harsher person than me might say that those that build on shifting sands 1 - 2 m above average sea level (let's hope they meant HAT!) deserves what they get. Let's use common sense for one moment. Exclude MMGW and they were still going to sink, no matter what. That is a bet I'll take with LE!
I do remember it well Reefmagnet, and no, you were the one that said it was sinking from tatonic plate shifts or some nonsense. You completely denied had anything to do with seas rising. And No, you didn't use 'mathematics and facts' to support your argument.

Low-lying Maldives drowning under the weight of climate change | Stuff.co.nz
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:45   #2113
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,133
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
While Tangier Island has been slowly losing ground to erosion for hundreds of years, the combination of rising sea levels and more devastating weather both spurred by global warming have greatly increased the rate of land loss. Research shows that Tangier is now losing nine acres of land a year to erosion and rising tides.
Same old totally unjustified claim. According to the alarmists, everything is "spurred by global warming".

Please quantify the amount of the increasing sea level which is attributable to "global warming". Also pleas quantify the "more devastating weather" in the area.
__________________
StuM is online now   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:50   #2114
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,889
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Same old totally unjustified claim. According to the alarmists, everything is "spurred by global warming".

Please quantify the amount of the increasing sea level which is attributable to "global warming". Also pleas quantify the "more devastating weather" in the area.
Stu, It was a quote, which I supplied. That is I posted a 'quote' of what the experts have said, I'm not silly enough to suggest I'm able to argue on their behalf. I'm not a scientist in any field. And my only rusty expertise is in the humanities.

I just have more faith in all the scientists, governments and sensible people than to believe in your conspiracies.
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 15:57   #2115
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,712
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
I do remember it well Reefmagnet, and no, you were the one that said it was sinking from tatonic plate shifts or some nonsense. You completely denied had anything to do with seas rising. And No, you didn't use 'mathematics and facts' to support your argument.

Low-lying Maldives drowning under the weight of climate change | Stuff.co.nz
No, the subduction comments were made in reference to some sinking South Pacific islands, where it applies. Each case is analysed for facts, not conjecture.

FYI, an island in the Maldives



Yep, problems are definitely related to sea level rise caused by MMGW
__________________

__________________
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love cruising because it teaches humility zboss General Sailing Forum 38 17-09-2014 19:38
A Boat Is Better than a Wife, Because . . . BlueWaterSail Off Topic Forum 94 20-02-2011 19:10
Current Strategies in Solar Power ? Roy M Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 47 18-07-2010 05:37
i'm Really a Tiller Guy, because i Like the Responsiveness of a Multihull... Pipeline Multihull Sailboats 2 08-01-2010 07:32
Men return to Mountains and to the Sea because.... JohnnyB Challenges 4 10-10-2008 08:48


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:50.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.