Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2014, 07:06   #91

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: Cautionary tale: falling overboard while peeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
And deep.
yep, and the sand on the bottom is abrasive too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 07:20   #92

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
yep, and the sand on the bottom is abrasive too.
You have long legs, The sand is 10,000 feet below me, Hahahaha
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 13:20   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
And deep.
Wifey B just dud'n't git it

Hangin' outside MY house, doin' MY thing is NOT making claim to our bed. What a dumb comparison!

Course, outside MY house I make sure no one's out there lookin'! While in my bed, I'm makin' sure someone' there seein'!

By the way, Wifey B if you ever squat over the poop deck, just be knowin' I already own it.
Steve1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 14:02   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
On a serous note, I remember being told in our life guard classes that the majority of male drowning victims in Canada are found with their fly open.
Yep, it's a bucket for me. The less I leave the cockpit when sailing alone the better.
Old 18-05-2014, 14:29   #95

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1944 View Post
Wifey B just dud'n't git it

Hangin' outside MY house, doin' MY thing is NOT making claim to our bed. What a dumb comparison!

Course, outside MY house I make sure no one's out there lookin'! While in my bed, I'm makin' sure someone' there seein'!

By the way, Wifey B if you ever squat over the poop deck, just be knowin' I already own it.
Wifey B: Don't worry. I'm not squatting over the poop deck. I don't pee in the pool either. And my hubby has never peed outside a rest room, bath room or head. Either too uptight or too civilized. Now other things we may very well do outside of traditional areas. In fact we have done them on the swim platform now that I'm reminded. All another reason not to be peeing on it. Important rule: Don't pee where you might be making love later.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 14:31   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: Don't worry. I'm not squatting over the poop deck. I don't pee in the pool either. And my hubby has never peed outside a rest room, bath room or head. Either too uptight or too civilized. Now other things we may very well do outside of traditional areas. In fact we have done them on the swim platform now that I'm reminded. All another reason not to be peeing on it. Important rule: Don't pee where you might be making love later.
T.M.I. !!

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 15:26   #97

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Wifey B: And my hubby has never peed outside a rest room, bath room or head. Either too uptight or too civilized.
Must not be a bushwalker... what a sad, restricted life he must have led.

And it also implies rather early toilet training...

What a strange discussion for a sailing forum

Jim
Old 18-05-2014, 15:48   #98

Boat: BAYLINER 4788

Quote:

OK, this is interesting...

So, I have to comment on the husband not peeing outside thing.

I just cannot imagine any male human being that does not, cannot, will not, and or hasn't relieved himself on the ground, in the bushes, or any number of other places.

So, I had this mental picture of you and your husband from your and his posts on this and other boating forums. That image was young, affluent, he being probably a tad geeky, retired early types. Those types started out with generally humble beginnings and due to their smarts coupled with some luck made it big and were able to pull the plug early.

My whole mental picture is shattered!!!!

Any guy that has never peed outside has never been on a hike. He has never been in the country. Never camped in a tent. Never used his hands for anything. The only description I can think of is privileged affluent.

So, I have a suggestion. Go see some outdoors. Leave the hired help behind. Have your husband pee outside.

This isn't knocking the affluent part. I think thats fantastic. What I'm saying is to get out and live a little. See the world as the rest of the male population sees it. Its really a fantastic place.

And peeing outside will change your husband forever!
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 16:05   #99
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post

What a strange discussion for a sailing forum

Jim
Toilet humor is never pretty and it brings out the silly schoolboy/girl in many an otherwise stable personality.
Just waiting for the Monkey Metaphysics
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 17:15   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post

I just cannot imagine any male human being that does not, cannot, will not, and or hasn't relieved himself on the ground, in the bushes, or any number of other places.

So, I had this mental picture of you and your husband from your and his posts on this and other boating forums. That image was young, affluent, he being probably a tad geeky, retired early types. Those types started out with generally humble beginnings and due to their smarts coupled with some luck made it big and were able to pull the plug early.

Any guy that has never peed outside has never been on a hike. He has never been in the country. Never camped in a tent. Never used his hands for anything. The only description I can think of is privileged affluent.

So, I have a suggestion. Go see some outdoors. Leave the hired help behind. Have your husband pee outside.

This isn't knocking the affluent part. I think thats fantastic. What I'm saying is to get out and live a little. See the world as the rest of the male population sees it. Its really a fantastic place.

Wow, that was wonderful, thank you! I've never felt so ALIVE!

I've just been round to your house and pissed on your doorstep
bornyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 17:27   #101
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornyesterday View Post
Wow, that was wonderful, thank you! I've never felt so ALIVE!

I've just been round to your house and pissed on your doorstep
That is not nice, he might be making love on it later.

Coops.
Old 18-05-2014, 17:32   #102

Quote:

Part true, part not. I actually have spent many nights growing up outside in a small boat. But peed in a container. Neither of us grew up affluent. In fact, until 2012 when we moved to Florida we just lived in an average home in an average lake neighborhood. One of the least expensive homes on the lake. Only had two bedrooms after we moved some walls. Simple home that we loved. Great neighbors. Just I grew up in a city. Fell in love with the water. Did visit grandparents in the country. Fished. Didn't hunt. Tad geeky. More luck than smart. Love the outside, spent night on beach more than once. Spent night on sun deck of boat under the stars. We'll probably go camping some day but won't be the most adventurous rustic primitive of camping. Feel no compulsion. Spend most of our time outdoors. Love tennis and basketball. Water skied when we lived on the lake. Walk and hike tons.

But what the emphasis of the thread is peeing overboard from a boat. That isn't like being in the woods with no facilities. I would pee outdoors then. Not like being on a long road with no facilities and pulling over somewhere. Not like camping. It's peeing overboard when you have a perfectly good head on the boat or when you could easily use a container. Not faulting those who do, just honestly surprised. Plus not something I'd tend to do in front of our guests, even those who have seen me naked. I just don't see peeing in front of others as being very polite. We do enjoy the outdoors. Ten days or so ago loved Olympic National Park. We'll walk miles through trails. We explore every town by every port. And if that town has opera and fancy restaurants, we'd explore that but if it has trails, waterfalls, parks, native art, history, we explore that.

You grow up with houses everywhere and traffic going by you don't tend to pee outdoors. That gets you arrested actually. But back to peeing overboard, just see no reason. As my wife pointed out, we prefer not to pee on a swim platform we might be sitting on later or doing other things on.

Peeing outdoors has nothing to do with affluence. More like environment growing up in. Never had a reason to do so. If I do have a reason sometime, I will. But have no reason to do it on a boat. Not even a dinghy so far. Maybe one day we'll wonder around too long and will have to from dinghy. Then will. Maybe as I age frequency will increase and lead to it.

Can't believe I got into such a discussion. Can't believe peeing became such a popular thread, but oh well.
Old 18-05-2014, 17:34   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
That is not nice, he might be making love on it later.

Coops.
Plus where we live others would probably have seen and had you arrested...lol
Old 18-05-2014, 17:39   #104

Quote:

!
Wifey B: That mental picture is still right on target. Just can't believe you were thinking about him peeing. So not sure how that shatters the picture. And did you picture me peeing outdoors too? Bad Kevin.

Oh and add one thing....in fairness, my hubby was pretty conservative, shy and uptight until I corrupted him. And he was 30 when we met. Well technically 29 years, 364 days. But his 30th was one heck of a birthday....hehe.

Now I grew up in a small town and actually did pee outdoors as a kid a few times. But at 16 moved to city and frowned on greatly there.
Old 18-05-2014, 17:41   #105

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

I just had a thought: Why is making love on a swim platform safer than, and less exhibitionist than peeing overboard where there are lifelines, shrouds and other things to hold onto. Or does the swim platform have lifelines that you hold onto whilst making love?

This is confusing!

Jim

Tags
overboard