Transport Safety Board Report
Montreal Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey has praised the findings of a Transportation Safety
Board investigation into a tall ship accident
that killed his 25-year-old daughter.
"Everyone in the sail training industry should be reading closely, so they can apply the lessons learned at the cost of a life,"
Gainey said Thursday.
The TSB report identifies seven areas as contributing factors related to Gainey being swept away, including:
* The decision to sail despite the long-term forecasts of an adverse weather system.
* Insufficient communication between the officers and crew.
* Fatigue and loss of alertness among those onboard.
* Safety nets not being rigged in some areas of the ship.
* Safety harnesses not being worn.
Goto the full TSB report: