Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2011, 05:51   #166
cruiser

Boat: Dufour 34, 1975
Send a message via Yahoo to canucksailor Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailor
Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake , Miami )

Quote:
So, you are making a big case here based on what you say the officers told you. I assume you have no recordings of the event, in which case it is your word against theirs as to what they said to you.
No Doug, I'm making a big case based on what THREE of us on board heard. Also, the records would show that there was no complaint. Your conjecture is worthless and pointless, because anyone who has read this thread from the beginning would know all of this.

Why am I bothering with this? If I want a devil's advocate such as some of you seem determined to be, I'll bloody well hire one, tyvm. This whole thing has been a lot of work and bother and what do I get?
Silly remarks and inferences that I'm full of crap. I don't need that, again, tyvm.
There's a problem here folks. You can either sit at your computers and take potshots at me for trying to solve it, inferring this that and the other thing.
Or you can try to do something constructive. Your choice. Now, here's mine:

This is it for me. I'll continue this effort in private, and post here as I get results and/or information. I'm done with communicating and trying to 'dialogue'. I've got better things to do.
Old 14-06-2011, 05:54   #167

Boat: Marine Trader 40' Sedan Trawler, 1978. WATER TORTURE

Hey pal, no one asked you do this. Now you're mad because we're not thanking you?

Perhaps I find your tactics counter productive to the effort. In fact, as I have followed the entire thread, you seem far more interested in winning a pissing match with the Chief of Police than you do finding a way to ease the tensions between Karlton and boaters. Your entire focus has been on finding a way to force Karlton to see the error of his ways; rub his nose in it even, rather than find a peaceful resolution. Perhaps not all the CF members are really interested in picking a fight with the Miami PD, the Mayor's office and Karlton?

Please, take your ball and go home.
Old 14-06-2011, 06:06   #168

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
The police should have said to the complainer: "Sorry sir, the boat has a right to be there, and any harrassment by you is illegal. By the way, we've heard complaints from your neighbors about you shining bright lights and playing loud music. We suggest you be more neighborly (or else ... )."

Ergzactly
Old 14-06-2011, 06:13   #169

Boat: Leopard 47 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug86 View Post
Hey pal, no one asked you do this. Now you're mad because we're not thanking you?

That is the opinion of only one US citizen. I assume Doug is a citizen.

To counter. Please feel free to visit,boat,camp or what ever in my part of the US. God knows we need the revenue.

Thank you for calling BS to the actions of Karlton and informing the appropriate authorities. Those who remain silent over loss of rights deserve to lose those rights and eventually will do so.

Again Thanks for your efforts, and welcome to the USA.

Jim, a US citizen.
Old 14-06-2011, 06:15   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug86 View Post

Perhaps I find your tactics counter productive to the effort. In fact, as I have followed the entire thread, you seem far more interested in winning a pissing match with the Chief of Police than you do finding a way to ease the tensions between Karlton and boaters. Your entire focus has been on finding a way to force Karlton to see the error of his ways; rub his nose in it even, rather than find a peaceful resolution. Perhaps not all the CF members are really interested in picking a fight with the Miami PD, the Mayor's office and Karlton?

Darn, you beat me to it.
Canucks arguing and posturing has begun to swing me to Karlton's side.
Canuck better hope that Homeland Security doesn't show up at his little raft up. They are not the Miami Police and don't fool around.

If Karlton were to call HS and say "there is a foreign national behind my house with some other boats and I'm not sure what they are doing but they look suspicious." I would want a ticket to that show.
Old 14-06-2011, 06:18   #171

Could it be the police complaining about superiors and the pain in the a-- complainer were actually just a ruse to try and get you to sort of be on their side and get you to leave easier?
Just a thought they didn't know their supervisor was in bed with the complainant and this guy was a pain? They were just trying to get you out of there by getting you on their side. I don't know but maybe that's why the chief took it the way he did.

Walter
Old 14-06-2011, 06:39   #172

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcobra View Post
Darn, you beat me to it.
Canuck better hope that Homeland Security doesn't show up at his little raft up. They are not the Miami Police and don't fool around.

If Karlton were to call HS and say "there is a foreign national behind my house with some other boats and I'm not sure what they are doing but they look suspicious." I would want a ticket to that show.

That would be the same type of harassment from a different quarter would it not?

Smell of McCarthyism?
Old 14-06-2011, 06:47   #173

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khagan1227 View Post
Uh, no. The CAD for MPD take the calls and decides on the criticallity of the call, the communications operators then dispatch the units. The COs are specifically trained for this duty.

Computer Aided Dispatch - Miami Police Department

Done:

Records - Miami Police Department

Please provide the date and time of your anchor/incident, that will make my call (and research) to the MPD easier.

If the local police are in his pocket, I wonder why he didn't call the Police on Seaventure (early January) or MV Closeknit (early May).
Remark: The Miami Police Dept is not the Miami Beach Police Dept
they are two different cities and two diffrent Police dept
Here we are talking about Miami Beach not Miami
Old 14-06-2011, 06:57   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
That would be the same type of harassment from a different quarter would it not?

Smell of McCarthyism?
And you think that is not happening now??

Been felt up lately by the TSA?
Old 14-06-2011, 07:04   #175

Quote:
Darn, you beat me to it.

This would be a non-issue. DHS would arrive, find a bunch of boats anchored, have to sort out who's who and what's what.. after they figured out that they're being used as a pawn in some bureaucrat's game, this would all be revealed as a complete waste of their time. DHS would then have to go file reports and that's more a waste. Assuming Canuck is here legally and all his forms are crossed and dotted; calling DHS is nothing but a complete waste of tax payer money.
Old 14-06-2011, 07:09   #176

Boat: Catalina 30 "Niunia"

Quote:
Let's hope that they are much more professional than you suspect them to be.
Old 14-06-2011, 07:13   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiu View Post
Let's hope that they are much more professional than you suspect them to be.
Hah! Again, been through an airport recently?
Old 14-06-2011, 07:16   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowingdude View Post
This would be a non-issue. DHS would arrive, find a bunch of boats anchored, have to sort out who's who and what's what.. after they figured out that they're being used as a pawn in some bureaucrat's game, this would all be revealed as a complete waste of their time. DHS would then have to go file reports and that's more a waste. Assuming Canuck is here legally and all his forms are crossed and dotted; calling DHS is nothing but a complete waste of tax payer money.
And why would Karlton care about that?
And yes, DHS would arrive and be VERY thorough.
Old 14-06-2011, 07:39   #179

Quote:
And why would Karlton care about that?
And yes, DHS would arrive and be VERY thorough.
True, but why would Karlton want to start pissing off the local feds? Makes no sense to me
Old 14-06-2011, 07:46   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowingdude View Post
True, but why would Karlton want to start pissing off the local feds? Makes no sense to me
That's not going to piss them off. That's their job and they look forward to it. I have a friend who works for DLS and she says it's the sitting around on alert that's the pain. She said, "you can't get a promotion just sitting around." They eagerly await calls and are very gung-ho..
Closed Thread

Tags
anchoring, cruising, miami, politics, regulations