Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:46   #271

Boat: PETERSON 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac

Darn. Slept late and Gord beat me to it.
There is plenty of time for officer Opie to come out in his police officer boat with the stripes on the sides and start taking photographs . He'll probably be using all sorts of specialized equipment especially designed for occasions just like this. The song went on for 22 minutes. Let's enjoy the holiday
Old 02-07-2011, 07:05   #272

Boat: 1984 Westerly Sealord 39
Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake , Miami Beach)

Quote:
Originally Posted by READY2GO View Post
The answer to your question Jeff, is no he can't give you a yes or no answer.
Does one actually have to say "no" to say "no"?

Canuck has answered this question at least twice so far. He said many times that he didn't expect Anchor Fest to happen when it was suggested. So, if the event wasn't expected to happen, how could he have intended to attend? The answer, is "no".
Old 02-07-2011, 07:43   #273

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9

Having just read through all the threads, I really see no harm in what Canuck was trying to do. He's actually doing more to stand up for our rights than most citizens do.

Could he have made things a little easier by being a little more political in his emails? Sure. He didn't need to make the allegations he did and could have worded that differently which probably would have changed the correspondence with the Chief. I hardly think the Chief is the one sitting there determining which calls go out though.. but it really doesn't matter as he is ultimately responsible for the actions of his staff.

Does it really matter if intended the event to take place or planned on attending? He saw an issue with a particular area, knew it wasn't a one time issue and wanted to see that the issue didn't affect anyone else moving forward. From what we've seen, he seems to have accomplished this - only time will tell.

I think what Canuck did is great and hopefully others can accomplish the same in other areas where land owners think they own the water too.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:37   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveCaptain View Post
I'm saddened and shocked by the turn of events here. ......
Jeff,
I agree with you and in your case I would have reacted the same way after all it was suppose to be about boaters rights and you were right jumping on the band wagon but after time what do we find out............. Well it looks like it wasn't about boaters rights after all.(maybe 50/50) It looks like in my opinion it was about self promotion. In my eyes it looks like someone heard about a crabby home owner who mistreats boaters so someone instigated him a bit then yelled and shouted some and in the end tried to pass the ball to someone else. I don't agree with the way this task started out but I do agree with the reason. In a way I hope some show up this weekend not to show up the homeowner but to say to the municipalities don't mistreat the boaters.

Walter
Old 02-07-2011, 08:52   #275

Boat: Bristol 41.1 Keep on Dancin'

I have been following Cruisers Forum for quite a few years. I have gotten some good information from cruisers, and I hope on occasion I have helped someone esle. Cruised for 10 years, worked for ten, and now getting ready to head south again. To listen to this thread, and the nastiness, vindictiveness, and attacks, makes me want to watch Fox News, and MSNBC so I can get back to my Peace and Love, Hippie roots. How about stopping the attacks, go sailing or cruising and RELAX. I might just avoid here for 30 days. If I need an argumentative fix, I will watch the Dems, the Republicans and the Tea Baggers.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:50   #276
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

This thread is closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
anchoring, cruising, miami, politics, regulations