Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 20:05   #1
Marine Service Provider

Blue Water Brokerage Show - Annapolis - Oct 4-8

Sailors - This year show management has made the decision to discontinue Brokers Cove at the United States Sailboat Show. One of, if not the best, sailboat boat show in the US will now only be featuring new boats. Brokers Cove has dwindled in size over the years - down to only 16 boats last year!

As a long time supporter and exhibitor, David Walters Yachts will be hosting a new brokerage show in Annapolis to coincide with the new boat show. The Blue Water Brokerage Show will have over 20 boats on display at Port Annapolis Marina. A 15-minute drive from the main show or a short water taxi ride.

We will have a Custom Paradise 60, 2x Hylas 54's, a Hylas 46, a Taswell 50, 2x Valiant 50's, Celestial 50, an Alden 46, Tayana 48, Shannon 39, 2x Pacific Seacraft 37, Hinckley 40, Baba 40, Cabo Rico 38, and more on display! There are boats for all budgets, styles, and preference!

We'd love to see you out on the docks! Admission is free - we'll be hosting free seminars - with live music by CMA Texas Song Writer of the Year Thom Shepherd - the writer of "Red Neck Yacht Club", free beer, wine, and BBQ on Saturday night at 6 PM - 10 PM. (Click here to RSVP to the party)

Details on the show can be found on our website

jjmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:11   #2

Re: Blue Water Brokerage Show - Annapolis - Oct 4-8

After the zoo I encountered last year this sounds far more appealing. My son is working on his PhD at UMBC so I like to take in some of the area when I visit. See you in October.

30yearslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48   #3
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30yearslater View Post
After the zoo I encountered last year this sounds far more appealing. My son is working on his PhD at UMBC so I like to take in some of the area when I visit. See you in October.
GREAT - Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay tuned to our website for details but this is shaping up to be a great show! Swing by Saturday night as we'll have a big gathering of cruisers, some great food, and live music.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:12   #4

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

In my opinion, brokers cove was to exclusive. That is why people stopped showing up. As a boat owner, I was interested in looking at other boats as an alternative to our present boat. I didn’t feel like paying for the privilege to view the options for a slim maybe.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 14:56   #5
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
In my opinion, brokers cove was to exclusive. That is why people stopped showing up. As a boat owner, I was interested in looking at other boats as an alternative to our present boat. I didn’t feel like paying for the privilege to view the options for a slim maybe.
Nicholson58 - I couldn't agree more! The big problem with Broker's Cove was it was largely limited to boats beyond that of which the average attendee was interested in. Not may folks are out there buying Oyster 62's and Hylas 70's! While we understand the importance of displaying boats of such caliber (and frequently do!) We recognize above all else that there needs to options for everyone. At our show you'll find boats of all sizes AND budgets without the exclusivity. Everyone is welcome. Stop on by this year, I think you'll see this is truly a show for everyone.
Old 07-08-2018, 15:21   #6

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmclean View Post
Nicholson58 - I couldn't agree more! The big problem with Broker's Cove was it was largely limited to boats beyond that of which the average attendee was interested in. Not may folks are out there buying Oyster 62's and Hylas 70's! While we understand the importance of displaying boats of such caliber (and frequently do!) We recognize above all else that there needs to options for everyone. At our show you'll find boats of all sizes AND budgets without the exclusivity. Everyone is welcome. Stop on by this year, I think you'll see this is truly a show for everyone.
Perhaps we will. We talked to Walters two years ago about ROXY, 1984 Camper and Nicholson 58. We couldn’t get our 80 air draft under the bridge and the season ran short. As a result, we sailed her with the Salty Dawgs to Virgin Gorda. This will be our third winter season in the Caribbean coming up. Presently safely on the hard in Chaguaramas, Trinidad. We’ve eyed the “forbidden city” beyond the brick wall and goons for two years now.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 07:28   #7
Marine Service Provider

UPDATE ON THE BLUE WATER BROKERAGE BOAT SHOW - Cruisers, we're looking forward to seeing you on the docks for the first ever Blue Water Brokerage Show! The show will be October 4 - 8 at Port Annapolis Marina. Admission is free, and the show will go from 9AM - 6PM daily. Water taxi service will be running between the United States Sailboat Show and Port Annapolis Marina. Water taxis will depart City-Dock on the hour and every half hour.

We have finalized the list of boats on display, here's the line up:

Paradise 60
Hylas 54
Hunter HC 50
Bristol 51.1
Celestial 50
Taswell 50
2x Valiant 50
Tayana 48
Garcia Passoa 47
Alden 46
Beneteau First 46
Hylas M44
Italia Yachts 43
Baltic 43
2x Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 43 DS
Valiant 42
Hinckley OC 40
Valiant 40
Cabo Rico 38
Tartan 3500
Nauticat 331
Pacific Seacraft 31
Farr 30
2x Bristol Channel Cutter 28

We also would like to invite all Cruisers Forum members to our annual Boats - Beer & BBQ party Saturday night after the show at Port Annapolis Marina! There will be BBQ catered by Red Hot & Blue, beer & wine, and live music by Country Music Association Song Writer of the Year winner Thom Shepherd (writer of 'Red Neck Yacht Club' and 'Riding with Private Malone') To RSVP please click here

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Tags
annapolis, blue water, water