Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 21:13   #1
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Anyone read the great article about the two brothers that bought a 33 ft Valiant sailboat for $30,000 and set sail from California to circumnavigate the worlds oceans..They didnt have any sailing experiance and no prospects to earn money(bad economy)so they acted on their desire to have fun rather than vegatate in the bad enviroment that is reality for a majority of folks..They ceased the moment and bought a used sailboat and "went for it" and are now somewhere out in the pacific ocean (?)..Good story about sailing aboard the S/V Saltbreaker with Alex Kleeman , Nick Kleeman and Dave Green, check it out ,great story about 20 something year olds and "Blue Water Cruising"...
__________________

__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 23:49   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
rebel heart's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,190
Images: 3
Re: Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Yeah, great article. Total BS about the Haha being for wife swappers though.
__________________

__________________
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:28   #3
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Yeah, great article. Total BS about the Haha being for wife swappers though.
Yea I was wondering about that wife swapping thing !! The homemade pump they made was a good example of what a competent sailor can do in times of desperation....
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:34   #4
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,210
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Yeah, great article. Total BS about the Haha being for wife swappers though.
Yeah... some folks just can't keep their mouths shut.. next you know there'll be over 1000 boats next year...
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:44   #5
Senior Cruiser
 
rebel heart's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,190
Images: 3
Re: Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Yea I was wondering about that wife swapping thing !! The homemade pump they made was a good example of what a competent sailor can do in times of desperation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Yeah... some folks just can't keep their mouths shut.. next you know there'll be over 1000 boats next year...
Somehow my wife knows, or knows of, the article's author. Again, 95% of it was terrific but the remaining 5% is the standard stuff that gets sprinkled in to make it sound more sexy-dangerous-thrilling.
__________________
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:46   #6
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Article in Outside magazine Aug.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Somehow my wife knows, or knows of, the article's author. Again, 95% of it was terrific but the remaining 5% is the standard stuff that gets sprinkled in to make it sound more sexy-dangerous-thrilling.
What do you do if you dont have a wife to swap? ....Never mind,never mind,I dont want to know!
__________________

__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gaz

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.