Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2017, 11:16   #1

Boat: Nimble Artic 26
Annapolis Boat show First timer questions

Hi

I sail a west wight potter 19. I am looking for a boat to sail the loop and the Caribbean in.

As I recall Dock street in Annapolis is rather small, so I'm thinking its gonna be crowded especially Saturday and Sunday.

I went to the Houston Boat shows and was able to see everything in less than a day, I'm hoping Annapolis is better, should I go ahead and buy tickets for all days?

Is there a travel book like "Annapolis on $5/day" I could read as I am tight on funds
Old 18-09-2017, 11:52   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Leopard 40 2009
Re: Annapolis Boat show First timer questions

You can do the highlights of Annapolis boat show in a day, but not much time for chatting or painkillers. I found paying the extra for the Friday preview day was well worth it. Same displays, but the sales people are fresher and willing to talk. Also, the crowds are about 2/3 of the size as the weekend.

We found that a little advanced planning and honest conversations about what to see saved a bunch of time. Are you really shopping for a boat, a new piece of electronics, want to walk on that new Gunboat that everyone is talking about, etc. ? We bypassed whole areas of the show because we did not have an interest in custom mattresses or a new head!

Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt." -- Eric Sevareid
John_Trusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat, boat show