Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2015, 09:20   #1

Boat: Endeavour TrawlerCat 44
Annapolis Boat Show

What's the makeup of the vessels at the boat show">Annapolis boat show coming up at the end of April? Would I be likely to find a significant number of used vessels being shown/sold, or is it essentially new vessels only?
jacks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 09:27   #2

Re: Annapolis Boat Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks88 View Post
What's the makeup of the vessels at the Annapolis boat show coming up at the end of April? Would I be likely to find a significant number of used vessels being shown/sold, or is it essentially new vessels only?
Both.

Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show | Annapolis Boat Shows
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 09:41   #3
Marine Service Provider

I wonder why it did not occur to the OP to go to the show's website? I find this increasingly common and frustrating in that some if not many OP's ask questions that could very easily be answered via a web search. I and many others are happy to provide helpful advice and share our knowledge but sometimes simply visiting a website or opening a book will provide quick and easily accessible answers.
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 13:31   #4

Because advertisements often turn out to be quite different than reality. Nothing like the experience of parties that have nothing to gain when seeking clarity on a statement such as "more than 80 new and brokered" boats.
Old 18-04-2015, 13:59   #5
Marine Service Provider

The ONLY folks who will know what boats are going to be in the show from year to year are the show organizers. Regardless of how much we would like to help you I'd venture that NONE of us are privy to the information as to what boats will be on display. However, if you want used boats this town and the surrounding Bay area is about as good a place as any. Say what you will about advertisers, your question in terms of the show makeup can only be answered by the show organizers.
Old 18-04-2015, 14:03   #6

Quote:
Because advertisements often turn out to be quite different than reality. Nothing like the experience of parties that have nothing to gain when seeking clarity on a statement such as "more than 80 new and brokered" boats.
Seriously!? Click on who's exhibiting and they are listed.
Old 18-04-2015, 14:44   #7

Let's see, back to "Who's Exhibiting" link, oh gee, no mention of age of boat, just manufacturer, length, and location. Guess neither the magical web site or anyone who has previously attended will be able to give me a general idea of the ration of new/used vessels.

I wonder why people do read threads completely before responding.
Old 18-04-2015, 14:59   #8
Marine Service Provider

Dear Jacks88 Ok, so I am still going to try and help you here. First of all, the makeup of the vendors and exhibitors change from year to year. The proportion of new to used and power to sail changes as well. If the website does not help, then call the show office! Again, only the show organizers can know what it is you want to know--and what possible reason would they have to mislead you about the show. You ask about the makeup of the vessels--well probably a little bit of eye shadow and some nail polish--but seriously--just contact the show and as I have already said, if you are looking for new or used boats, Annapolis and environs is perhaps the best area in the country so when you ask about "makeup" what is it you want to know? What are you looking for? New or used? What if I said "The ratio is 60 new and 40 used" then what? Call the local brokers or dealers who will be exhibiting. I'm trying to help you but you apparently can't accept "Look here and ask there" for an answer. I'm not the show organizer and unless one of them is on CF, just go to them and ask!
Old 18-04-2015, 15:30   #9

Quote:
Let's see, back to "Who's Exhibiting" link, oh gee, no mention of age of boat, just manufacturer, length, and location. Guess neither the magical web site or anyone who has previously attended will be able to give me a general idea of the ration of new/used vessels.

I wonder why people do read threads completely before responding.
If you know anything about boats you will be able to tell most of the old and new apart based on what is no longer made. Also if you can reason you would realize that there aren't six different Jeanneau dealers so some of them are used as one example.

Also, this is a fairly new show. This, I believe is year 2 or 3 and it is getting bigger with more variety.

But, I'll tell you what, I apologize for attempting to help.

What a tool.
Old 19-04-2015, 07:04   #10

Boat: Pearson Ensign , Sea Pearl 21

Paul
Whether or not someone wants to go to the trouble of perusing a website and or asking a question about it here, is really not a very nice comment and then go the trouble of commenting on it. Poking the bear, unintentionally I hope?

Butt in the spirit of the thing...... I wonder if people really think before the write on forums? 😳. Fyi it took me 14 seconds to decide to comment, but involved very little thinking as I am on my first coffee.

I will be at Annapolis and will be happy to see new and used Catamarans. I hear it's a first class show and my expectations are high. Hope to go to the France multihull show next year as well.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 19-04-2015, 07:17   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchdaddy View Post
Paul
Whether or not someone wants to go to the trouble of perusing a website and or asking a question about it here, is really not a very nice comment and then go the trouble of commenting on it. Poking the bear, unintentionally I hope?

Butt in the spirit of the thing...... I wonder if people really think before the write on forums? 😳. Fyi it took me 14 seconds to decide to comment, but involved very little thinking as I am on my first coffee.

I will be at Annapolis and will be happy to see new and used Catamarans. I hear it's a first class show and my expectations are high. Hope to go to the France multihull show next year as well.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
It is a nice little show but it is not the big sailboat show. That happens in October.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:15   #12

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Annapolis in the fall is where you want to be.

Beats Miami and Chicago Strictly Sail. Miami used to be nice but this year was a big disappointment. San Diego Sunroad show is nice little gem. I see the Palm Beach Intl Boat Show is growing.

I know I am missing some good shows with my short list here but these are what I have experienced. My focus is sail not power. Mono and multi.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:32   #13

Boat: 1985 Whitby Alberg 37 - "Lazy Gecko"

We went to this show, the assumption that the boats may be different was correct. It was mostly new, expensive boats. We are looking at 110k and lower. We had one boat in that category there. It was nice but disappointing. Looking forward to Oct.
Lazy Geckos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 21:30   #14

Boat: Pearson Ensign , Sea Pearl 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKsailsolo View Post
Annapolis in the fall is where you want to be.

Beats Miami and Chicago Strictly Sail. Miami used to be nice but this year was a big disappointment. San Diego Sunroad show is nice little gem. I see the Palm Beach Intl Boat Show is growing.

I know I am missing some good shows with my short list here but these are what I have experienced. My focus is sail not power. Mono and multi.
I was in Miami for the show. It was my first, so am curious what you found lacking?
Latchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:00   #15

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchdaddy View Post
I was in Miami for the show. It was my first, so am curious what you found lacking?

Am sure you saw the many open slips that were previously filled in former years. Almost like builders opted to pass on displaying at this show. There was major construction right on site that disrupted show access. The exhibitors tent was totally disconnected from the in water show. The cat builders were not well represented, FP was not showing and Leapord had only one model. Monohull builders had only a few models.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show