Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2009, 08:53   #1

Where to Get Info?

I have been creeping this site for a while, and although many of my questions can be found somewhere in the archives, I still have many which I have not found answers for. I hope to post a few to see if I can find them. I have a decent sailing back ground as a deck hand but that was 20 plus years ago when I didn't think much past the next beer and beautiful girl, not necessarily in that order. I did pay a bit of attention though and always knew at some point I would be cruising on my own boat. Now the time has come, and I really need to educate myself. At the moment I am trying to work out the design concepts, ie. raised decks, center cockpit, etc. I am familiar with rigging options, but there are a few designs out there I have never had the pleasure to sail. So if there are good reads or even if someone wants to educate me personally, I am a sponge. Great site, Rick
Rick Lucrezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 12:04   #2

Boat: Pearson 34
Hay Rick: It took me nearly 3 years to decide on an appropriate boat that I will eventually live on. I started wanting something big that I could bring everything that I had accumulated over the last 30 years. After much reading I realized I was still a hot rodder at heart. In order to do this I would need a deep fin keel and a high aspect sail plan, which limits the size of the boat I could sail in many areas other than just offshore. I ended up with a 34' Pearson that needed much work. I love it! I sail single handed most of the time and though I am not a racer there isn't another boat in the area as fast. A little advice, start on www.yachtworld.com and get your OOOO'S and AAAA'S out of the way then do your research. If you wish let me know and I can send you a list of books, I won't have room on the boat for all my books you might want to buy some of them from me. Let me know if I can be of any help.
George
Raggedy Man is offline   Reply With Quote